Over priced sleds

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Here's the perfect trailer to go with your 20,000$ used sleds

Screenshot_20211211-221340.png

Just wow.   That was a 3 grand trailer tops a year ago.  Just like so many years before, we were told that snowmobiling was a dying sport, and that used sleds weren't worth shit.  There is always early season used sled prices, and then used sled prices in the middle of January, and especially if we're having a couple week warm spell.  $37,000 for a sled that you probably snow checked for less than half that.  I won't be the poor sucker who paid the 37 grand.  Then imagine if it turns out to be a turd or a grenade, and just another, and then you can't give it away for a quarter of that.  :lol: 

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just wow.   That was a 3 grand trailer tops a year ago.  Just like so many years before, we were told that snowmobiling was a dying sport, and that used sleds weren't worth shit.  There is always early season used sled prices, and then used sled prices in the middle of January, and especially if we're having a couple week warm spell.  $37,000 for a sled that you probably snow checked for less than half that.  I won't be the poor sucker who paid the 37 grand.  Then imagine if it turns out to be a turd or a grenade, and just another, and then you can't give it away for a quarter of that.  :lol: 

Clearly some people have gotten rich in the pandemic.  Doesn't mean they aren't stupid with their money though.

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

Here's the perfect trailer to go with your 20,000$ used sleds

Screenshot_20211211-221340.png

for a 10 footer? :lol:

I paid $2k for my 12' in 2018 that was a year old.  

think I'm going to start locking my shit up when we're not trailheading from the local watering hole.

• Like 1

Spring ordered this for grandson, picked it up last Friday, $4000cdn out the door

1355716019_ZR1202.thumb.jpg.4206f1545f5438ffbdd3207ccfa73e72.jpg

Then today I see this ffs

2022 Polaris 120 Kids Snowmobile NEW | Snowmobiles | Muskoka | Kijiji

Out of their minds, or highway robbery, take your pick

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

This poor bastard listed his sled on Sledjiji and got pummeled in the comments so he dropped it a grand….lol

326D0645-68CB-4BBF-A4A1-7E7006E35282.thumb.png.9be73d42ee47fc8a011df73421270768.png

I sold my ‘15 MXZ X 800 in March for $8500 with 3500 miles. 

Just got home from our monthly snowmobile club meeting, and of course this topic (outrageous prices) was a popular one.  A guy said he saw a brand new Blast listed earlier today with "make offer" and it sold this afternoon for $10K.  I don't know how true that it, as this guy likes to BS but it wouldn't surprise me.  And if it is true ... seriously, WTF??

And speaking of a WTF moment, another club member has been shopping for a new truck to replace his new Ram that's been giving him headaches.  He inquired about a full-ton Ford Lariat and showed me the quote from the dealer he was trying to deal with.  Get this .... MSRP was $81K+ and a "market adjustment" of over $19K for a total MSRP of $101K!!!  That's before taxes, title, and registration!!!  It's absurd, because we all know SOMEONE will buy it at that price.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Just got home from our monthly snowmobile club meeting, and of course this topic (outrageous prices) was a popular one.  A guy said he saw a brand new Blast listed earlier today with "make offer" and it sold this afternoon for $10K.  I don't know how true that it, as this guy likes to BS but it wouldn't surprise me.  And if it is true ... seriously, WTF??

And speaking of a WTF moment, another club member has been shopping for a new truck to replace his new Ram that's been giving him headaches.  He inquired about a full-ton Ford Lariat and showed me the quote from the dealer he was trying to deal with.  Get this .... MSRP was $81K+ and a "market adjustment" of over $19K for a total MSRP of $101K!!!  That's before taxes, title, and registration!!!  It's absurd, because we all know SOMEONE will buy it at that price.

Tell him when they come back with his trade in value offer on the ram just have him write in his own market adjustment of 19k for his trade 😂 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Inflation.  Keep printing money and doing these wealth redistribution stimulus' and keeping people on unemployment and pretty much every thing the government does.  And supply issues is putting everything at a premium.  Supply and demand.

But if someone will pay it, it would be absurd to not sell it for whatever they can.  If you're not taking in more money right now you're going backwards.  Yes I'm going backwards also.  What can ya do.

Everything is going up big time we should all get used to it.  It is probably just the beginning.

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

Inflation.  Keep printing money and doing these wealth redistribution stimulus' and keeping people on unemployment and pretty much every thing the government does.  And supply issues is putting everything at a premium.  Supply and demand.

But if someone will pay it, it would be absurd to not sell it for whatever they can.  If you're not taking in more money right now you're going backwards.  Yes I'm going backwards also.  What can ya do.

Everything is going up big time we should all get used to it.  It is probably just the beginning.

I'm glad I love both my sled and my truck and not itching to buy anything new right now.  Although I do want to upgrade the wifes car and thats probably going to be a painful experience.  Is vaseline in short supply too?   :lol: 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm glad I love both my sled and my truck and not itching to buy anything new right now.  Although I do want to upgrade the wifes car and thats probably going to be a painful experience.  Is vaseline in short supply too?   :lol: 

Oh, I’m always “itching” for something.  Just not interested in bleeding when I scratch.  I’ll sit tight….on everything right now.  I choose not to participate in this absolute madness on things I can wait on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1