Over priced sleds

35 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yup I am searching for a trailer now and its friggen ridiculous. Im just gonna go new I guess. 

He tried to go the R&R route and I believe they’re booked out until next March. It’s insane. Good luck in your search.

• Thanks 1

I can't believe how nuts it is right now. Even dealers are asking crazy prices for holdovers. I just want to know if people are actually getting their asking price? I'm almost tempted to list my 850 and ride the 600 ACE for the winter. I just know at some point the pendulum is going to swing the other way and the ass end is going to drop out of the market. Probably next fall right when I plan to sell my 850, ordering a 23 this spring. 

7 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

Seems trailers are following the lead of sleds as well. Buddy was looking for a 3-4 place inline and everything local under $10K is gone in hours.

That’s because new was $10k to replace my R&R 718 SE with a R&R 7514 Deluxe with only a few options, last spring. I only know this because I thought about selling my trailer and downsizing the 7514. 

6 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

He tried to go the R&R route and I believe they’re booked out until next March. It’s insane. Good luck in your search.

Can confirm. They told me LAST March that if I wanted one for this fall, I had to order before the end of March. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Too old but thanks for looking!  Picked this up last week up by TRF.  Gonna do some work on it before it hits snow.  Why can’t they make something I don’t have to work on?!!!  LOL!

B204A0FD-8040-46DE-85B7-572C1E7FDE81.jpeg

She's a beauty.  All you need is skis and some studs.

Was at a swap meet Friday and Saturday.  Seen prices on sleds that thought were out of line high. Just by us all of them sold but one.  Used parts are high priced also.  Everything I took sold at asking price.

13 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

She's a beauty.  All you need is skis and some studs.

Not sure exactly what I’m going to do with it yet.  CA and studs for sure but, may put a different track on it.  Usually, I’m a big proponent of riding it a few times before making changes but, I think I’ll drop some SX springs in the clutches and see how the weights work with them.   These QS3’s I find questionable.  Not sure I like the three setting function.  Seems to leave a lot of fine tuning by the wayside.  May swap those out.  Gotta do a SX riser too.  This thing feels wonky with that stock 5” on there.  Seat feels oddly soft.  That’s really weird.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure exactly what I’m going to do with it yet.  CA and studs for sure but, may put a different track on it.  Usually, I’m a big proponent of riding it a few times before making changes but, I think I’ll drop some SX springs in the clutches and see how the weights work with them.   These QS3’s I find questionable.  Not sure I like the three setting function.  Seems to leave a lot of fine tuning by the wayside.  May swap those out.  Gotta do a SX riser too.  This thing feels wonky with that stock 5” on there.  Seat feels oddly soft.  That’s really weird.

Looks nice, good color combo on that vintage.
Pretty certain you can get the QS3 clickers changed over to DSC's
Some guys were adding more dense foam under the seam foam (over the pan) to stiffen them up.

My bet is you're going to want to re-gear, helix/spring (23/40) being accustomed to the low end punch of SX (20/49) sleds, although you might actually enjoy going more than 59mph, you'll probably be shocked at how much fuel it holds and how far you can go before having to refill it, unless of course you stop at a Culver's.  :lol:

(Yikes, those gears aren't cheap) https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-parts?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxeTJ4P6c8wIV5mpvBB2CVgdpEAAYASABEgKMLfD_BwE#/Arctic_Cat/2021_ZR_6000_R_SX_GREEN_[S2021ACDPRUSG]/CHAIN_CASE_ASSEMBLY_[108971]/S2021ACDPRUSG/108971/y

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Looks nice, good color combo on that vintage.
Pretty certain you can get the QS3 clickers changed over to DSC's
Some guys were adding more dense foam under the seam foam (over the pan) to stiffen them up.

My bet is you're going to want to re-gear, helix/spring (23/40) being accustomed to the low end punch of SX (20/49) sleds, although you might actually enjoy going more than 59mph, you'll probably be shocked at how much fuel it holds and how far you can go before having to refill it, unless of course you stop at a Culver's.  :lol:

(Yikes, those gears aren't cheap) https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-parts?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxeTJ4P6c8wIV5mpvBB2CVgdpEAAYASABEgKMLfD_BwE#/Arctic_Cat/2021_ZR_6000_R_SX_GREEN_[S2021ACDPRUSG]/CHAIN_CASE_ASSEMBLY_[108971]/S2021ACDPRUSG/108971/y

Yeah, I bet I can make a swap with a SX owner on gearing/clutching.  Same with shocks with an older model.  Nothing cheap about the gears in the race sleds.  Think they are still all Borg Warner.  Gonna tone that green down and do some paint/powder coating.  Take some graphics off too.  I don’t see ever filling it up.  Not gonna add 50lbs of fuel for no reason….especially when I can get fuel anywhere with it being 91.

On 9/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, Doug said:

Was at a swap meet Friday and Saturday.  Seen prices on sleds that thought were out of line high. Just by us all of them sold but one.  Used parts are high priced also.  Everything I took sold at asking price.

Don’t go looking for tracks. The Indy I bought has a lug ripped off down to the cords and I personally don’t like running them like that. However, an Ice Attack is out of the question thus far and all of the used shit is either overpriced or gone in a flash.