2 up on a Matryx

Doug

Wife got thrown off her sled a couple years ago and she's a little more timid now.  Went around a icey corner that froze down rough and the ski's slid and then hooked and through her off.  I do ride with carbides and studs and was really just a freak accident.  Since then she's a little more timid and last year she brought up trying a 2 up.  My dealer was doing to let us try one but with Covid couldn't get the seat.  So we never tried one.  She said when it's just us she's fine but with other she feels like she would hold the group up which she don't.

Did anybody actually get a 2 up seat for the Matryx, pros, cons.  I know the Axys seat would work but you couldn't get that one either.

A dedicated two up will have a more comfortable seat, foot rests, and heated bars, generally more comfortable for the passenger. 

Depending on how big you both are, the suspension may squat too much, maybe stronger torsion springs will fix that. 

It's worth a try. if you both like riding that way, you could consider selling her sled for a two up that you can ride together when you want to. She can always ride it by herself some days. You can take the back seat off on most of them these days for one up riding. 

22 minutes ago, Catalina said:

A dedicated two up will have a more comfortable seat, foot rests, and heated bars, generally more comfortable for the passenger. 

Depending on how big you both are, the suspension may squat too much, maybe stronger torsion springs will fix that. 

It's worth a try. if you both like riding that way, you could consider selling her sled for a two up that you can ride together when you want to. She can always ride it by herself some days. You can take the back seat off on most of them these days for one up riding. 

Good points and I hear what your saying.  We've both always had our own sleds and the hand full of times over the years when we've jump on a 2-up for a short ride neither one of us really liked it.  That's why I have an open invite to take a 2 up for a weekend to try.

When she got thrown off that rattled her a little.  If she doesn't like at how fast we're riding she does fine and she's always been able to handle a sled well.

Last year she was on my sled VR1 and I had the map up on the display where she didn't notice the speed and she ride fine basically her old self.  When she got back on her sled with the speed displayed and you could tell the difference and she commented on the speed we were riding even through it was the same when she was on my sled.

I just don't want to get to deep into this 2-up and she doesn't like it.