Do you know anyone with COVID?

Highmark

I think with vaccines people feel they are safe and are going out more.

Numbers are bound to be up with amount of people going to large venues.

vaccines are not slowing spread but hopefully help lessen the pressure on hospitalization?

who knows but numbers are going to go up!!

picture from armory concert I was at last week!!

packed with 8500 plus!!!

EC798A44-ED44-4614-818F-13A67E7D4781.jpeg

6 hours ago, irv said:

Do you not find it odd that with millions and millions, supposedly, vaccinated, the numbers are still rising/going up like they did pre-vaccines?? I'm not sure when people are going to get it or see it but these vaccines, imo, are doing squat and very well could be leading to more cases instead of fewer ones? 

These are kids and I'm in a trump area... Lots of people refusing the vax here

update: if any of you antivaxxers or 'this is just the flu-tards' actually want to contract covid to build up your natural antibodies or just test your luck, I know a guy that has been suffering badly for two weeks now, hasn't been hospitalized (although he's ended up in the ER twice) that wasn't buying into the 'covid hype', refused vaccination, and covid testing at the hospital twice recently (wtf right?) and finally got tested yesterday, he's positive and with any luck will get through this all before his mother who is in hospice passes away.  

more than happy to have him breathe on you

any takers?  

• Platinum Contributing Member

So co-worker who is "fully vaxed" (2 shots, is that considered fully vaxed?) Came down with symptoms Saturday, out of work Monday, got tested has covid,.the three people she works side by side with (share phones, computers, pens, ect) are non-vaxed are not having any symptoms, feel fine, still working as normal..Odd to say the least. :dunno:

46 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So co-worker who is "fully vaxed" (2 shots, is that considered fully vaxed?) Came down with symptoms Saturday, out of work Monday, got tested has covid,.the three people she works side by side with (share phones, computers, pens, ect) are non-vaxed are not having any symptoms, feel fine, still working as normal..Odd to say the least. :dunno:

I managed to get Covid between the first and second Pfizer shot. I believe I contracted it on a Monday, felt like shit on Wednesday, tested on Thursday, positive result on Friday. I was around my immediate family the entire time. Hugging, kissing, eating together... No one else in my family got it. My wife only had her first Pfizer shot as well, kids were not vaccinated. Makes absolutely ZERO sense in my mind, but that's what happened. :dunno:

50 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

I managed to get Covid between the first and second Pfizer shot. I believe I contracted it on a Monday, felt like shit on Wednesday, tested on Thursday, positive result on Friday. I was around my immediate family the entire time. Hugging, kissing, eating together... No one else in my family got it. My wife only had her first Pfizer shot as well, kids were not vaccinated. Makes absolutely ZERO sense in my mind, but that's what happened. :dunno:

Yeah man, it's just frigging weird as heck

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, akvanden said:

No vax neighbor across the street has it, his son has it, and neighbors son next to me who plays with his now has it.

It's weird, only deaths I know of personally since covid came out are vaxed, up to 2 now, and only people I know who got it since the vax came out were vaxed..I don't get it..:dunno:

28 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I don’t know of one person that’s had a bad reaction to the vaccines. 

Do you have any friends who took the vaccines? :dunno: 

Is getting sick after the first or 2nd shot considered a bad reaction? 

A friend is in the hospital on a ventilator in an induced coma.  Been in their since last Friday.  Fully vaccinated as of last February.  They gave her a 50/50 chance as of yesterday.

My SIL's sister just passed away last Sunday she had 2 shots of the Maderna vax, my brother his wife and my nephew all have it now but are only mildly ill all were vaxed. The one who passed tested negative 3 or 4 days before being put in ICU, she had many health issues prior to her passing.

Two more.  Wife’s friend and her hubby.  Wife late 40’s hubby 51.  Both were vaccinated.  Husband spent 7 hours in ER before they let him go home with  an oxygen tank and wife was able to have some type of infusion? And released.

”ThAnK GoD ThEY gOt VaxxEd!!! Or…BOdee-BaGS fOr Sure!!!!

What a load of complete shit we’ve been fed.

• Gold Member
On 9/18/2021 at 9:40 AM, X2700 said:

I think with vaccines people feel they are safe and are going out more.

Numbers are bound to be up with amount of people going to large venues.

vaccines are not slowing spread but hopefully help lessen the pressure on hospitalization?

who knows but numbers are going to go up!!

picture from armory concert I was at last week!!

packed with 8500 plus!!!

EC798A44-ED44-4614-818F-13A67E7D4781.jpeg

Lucky bastard.  I was supposed to have box seating with our own waitress' and bathrooms for the Deftones/Gojira last August.  Got postponed.  This years show got post poned to next year...  Fuck I was looking forward to seeing that show at the Armory.  Looks like a cool place to catch a show.  What show did you go to?  

Close aunt and cousin (aunt’s daughter) both had vac’s early summer and both got covid few weeks ago. Very noticeable symptoms but seem to come out of it okay. We’ll see. 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, irv said:

Do you not find it odd that with millions and millions, supposedly, vaccinated, the numbers are still rising/going up like they did pre-vaccines?? I'm not sure when people are going to get it or see it but these vaccines, imo, are doing squat and very well could be leading to more cases instead of fewer ones? 

Crazy how the cases and hospitalizations were higher summer of 2021 with vaccines and masks vs summer 2020 with no masks and no vax. Certainly something to think about 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

I know a lot of people lately that have had it lately. Family, friends and Co-workers. None of the “I read it on the Internet” or “friend of a friends mother’s cousin” BS. A few similar stories of being at family gatherings and have no clue how they got it with nobody else testing positive. Weird how it works. The only thing I’ve come away with so far is….

1) Vaccinated break through cases are not rare anymore no matter what media claims. I know 3 this week. 

2) If you are super healthy, excellent diet and Exercise along with no comorbidities you are fooling yourself thinking that’s going to keep you safe or from getting very sick. It’s just a fluke but the people I know that were the sickest people including 1 death were in this category and ages 30’s to 50’s. Yes unvaccinated and one breakthrough. I know a couple of old people that you would think should be dead based on comorbidities that survived fine. Go figure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My cousin had COVID in April and is a long hauler now with brain problems.  Super fit, eats very healthy and under 40.  She is suffering bad, can’t remember shit, depressed and just stares off in space.  Had to quit her job and Dr.’s have no answers.  It’s very scary to see her like this and I wish it on no one.  I also have a friend under 40, decent shape that got Covid a month ago.  He was in the hospital for awhile and he is still having breathing problems a month later.  He isn’t fully back to work yet, but is trying.  No rhyme or reason on why this affects everyone differently?

• Like 1

A few weeks ago my buddie Rodger died from COVID at the age of 60 and he was in great shape but he never got the jab. Some of you may know him he owned  Niemuth's Steak & Chop Shop out of Waupaca, WI. I know of two guys in their 80's that got the jab and died three or four months later. What can I say, get the jab don't get the jab hell if I know, all I can say is I knew of 10 or 11 people that have died now. 

RIP to my close ones.

Rodger Niemuth <<< Niemuth's Steak & Chop Shop

Rex Endres<< Rex's Innkeeper Supper Club owner and a great friend

John Dahlk << my neighbor

Linda Flansburgh <<< Old friend she was the first that died.