Do you know anyone with COVID?

Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not sure I've seen one scene of a covid patient in an American hospital where they weren't SEVERLY obese.  

We are never shown anything up here. Just told about all the people in the ICU, etc. Odd, on how they knew this for months and months, or like about a year and half now, they decide to come out with that info now?? Ontario is almost 80% vaccinated, or at least that is what we are told, so I assume, maybe, more of these important facts just might start leaking out? 

1 hour ago, Catalina said:

It's complicated. The girlfriend is new, and seems to be leading him around by the nose (or some other body part). She is starting to call the shots around stuff that has a direct effect on my grandkids. I agree that some compassion is needed, but I'm a little frustrated today. I also think that recklessness is going to get someone sick, and that some common sense and extra care might have been nice. 

My daughter has wound up a single mother, because he chose to end the marriage while she was 5 months pregnant with their second daughter (long story). So she has wound up in a single parent household. He takes the kids every other weekend, gives her a chance to do some chores, and get a little down time. She works full time, mostly remote. This weekend, she will have the kids when she didn't expect to, and have to quarantine. Can't send them to daycare, so has to work while keeping up with the kids. If the kids get very sick, it will become very hard for her. 

Probably didn't need to happen. 

Sounds like a shitty situation.  Hoping for the best for those kids and all involved.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Sounds like a shitty situation.  Hoping for the best for those kids and all involved.

It has been a challenge. They kids are doing well overall. There are days when I need to talk my wife off the ledge. She wants to call or text him, and give him some serious shit. Especially today. As much as I agree with her, I keep telling her that we need to back off. It only makes my daughters life harder, which the opposite of what we want. Its not always easy to take the long view, big picture attitude when she wants to go to his house and slash his tires (for starters...).

We babysit when we can, spend some extra time with them to help out. I have fun with the grandkids, and try to make sure they have some good role models. Probably best thing we can do I think. 

Edited by Catalina
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

And diabetes, especially in our youth.  Rona is tailor made for our society of fat lazy Americans. 

Remember this guy? 

I do not - but here's the latest on those youth.  

Study: Childhood obesity in US accelerated during pandemic | KSTP.com

Know two people who got it months ago........very sick, but recovered.

Age 26 and 48.

Lost my cousin age 82, about 4 months ago.

Friend from Florida age 69, funeral up here Monday and Tuesday. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I know of 4, all are fully vaxed, one was in the hospital for a month, now she's in a rehabilitation facility from what I was told by her neighbor, I think she comes or came home this week. I'll find out Saturday or Sunday when I mow her lawn. She's an older lady mid to late 70's. She's gone thru a lot this past year lost her daughter and grand kids in an accident on the Thruway last summer, hit a stopped tractor trailer..Very sad

was one of those here last week.

7 hours ago, irv said:

We are never shown anything up here. Just told about all the people in the ICU, etc. Odd, on how they knew this for months and months, or like about a year and half now, they decide to come out with that info now?? Ontario is almost 80% vaccinated, or at least that is what we are told, so I assume, maybe, more of these important facts just might start leaking out? 

Sure, thats because outside of LTC Homes in ontario, Covid isnt a thing. The hospitals were never busy at any point in time. I know many more people that have had problems or death after the vax than anyone from covid. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, big_phil said:

Sure, thats because outside of LTC Homes in ontario, Covid isnt a thing. The hospitals were never busy at any point in time. I know many more people that have had problems or death after the vax than anyone from covid. 

I have 2 friends who are in the medical field with one being a nurse at a major Toronto hospital and they both would say the same thing if it didn't mean losing their jobs.

My BIL's mother, who was perfectly healthy on a Friday received her shot and was gone early Tuesday morning. Cause of death? Natural causes or so my sister and BIL were told. :news:

We've been lied to since the beginning and we are still currently being lied to. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The only people I know that got it were all vaccinated. All almost died. :) 

A girl I dated father died July I think, fully vaxed, I posted about it when it happened mother and her sister got it too, both vaxed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

A girl I dated father died July I think, fully vaxed, I posted about it when it happened mother and her sister got it too, both vaxed.

I also posted about my buddy, also fully vaxxed, that does last month.  I thought being “fully vaccinated” meant you won’t die.  What does it mean again?

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I also posted about my buddy, also fully vaxxed, that does last month.  I thought being “fully vaccinated” meant you won’t die.  What does it mean again?

I think it's maybe possibly kinda won't die

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member

I work in a big manufacturing company, somewhere between 5-6k people. A lot have been home on there laptops during all this. I have been going in everyday, last year was tough in my area with covid. 
Lost 2 guys, contractor still home on oxygen for a long time, several went to hospital.  This is just in my area, don’t know about others. 
Guy that works in different area that I sled with got over it in about a week recently, it’s still out there. 
I got the jabs and the company makes us wear a mask, I don’t know if this has helped but I’ll keep doing it till we get through it. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

The county has stepped up covid protocols as we have been having a resurgence. Something like 650 kids out with covid in the school district just east of us. 

Do you not find it odd that with millions and millions, supposedly, vaccinated, the numbers are still rising/going up like they did pre-vaccines?? I'm not sure when people are going to get it or see it but these vaccines, imo, are doing squat and very well could be leading to more cases instead of fewer ones? 

• Like 1