Do you know anyone with COVID?

Highmark

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't know the whole situation, but how the hell is he supposed to keep his girlfriend away from the children and even so, he will be around the girlfriend and the children so that is kind of pointless.  Jesus, maybe they all should show a little compassion and realize it isn't a situation to blame a particular person instead, just get through it and hope it all works out good.  I guess I really don't understand how it could be a "nightmare" for your daughter, she isn't the one who has the deadly COVID.

It's complicated. The girlfriend is new, and seems to be leading him around by the nose (or some other body part). She is starting to call the shots around stuff that has a direct effect on my grandkids. I agree that some compassion is needed, but I'm a little frustrated today. I also think that recklessness is going to get someone sick, and that some common sense and extra care might have been nice. 

My daughter has wound up a single mother, because he chose to end the marriage while she was 5 months pregnant with their second daughter (long story). So she has wound up in a single parent household. He takes the kids every other weekend, gives her a chance to do some chores, and get a little down time. She works full time, mostly remote. This weekend, she will have the kids when she didn't expect to, and have to quarantine. Can't send them to daycare, so has to work while keeping up with the kids. If the kids get very sick, it will become very hard for her. 

Probably didn't need to happen. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I sincerely hope not and hope he pulls through.  His mother is dying of cancer, which makes the situation even worse.  It's sad, and frustrating for everyone involved.   

:(

Do yourself a solid and stop with the Anti vax vs Vax argument/agenda and realize the Vax is not the only answer here for us to get thru this.  You will look much smarter. 

Dont believe me listen to mRNA technology inventor yourself if you wanna learn something. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Is he a bad man?  A bad husband/father?  My advice is to duck out and MYOB.  Getting involved in other’s family business creates more problems.  Mainly for those trying to “help”.

But, that’s my opinion.  

Not necessarily.  Thus far I'm staying out of it... but it's family drama which makes it hard to avoid.  Thanksgiving should be wild, got plans yet?  

:boxing:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not necessarily.  Thus far I'm staying out of it... but it's family drama which makes it hard to avoid.  Thanksgiving should be wild, got plans yet?  

:boxing:

My family provides for all the drama I need.

We have a faction of libtwats that make it fun for me and this year some are rabid covid fearfuls.  I’ve already told my father to have some “to go” boxes ready.

:lol:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Do yourself a solid and stop with the Anti vax vs Vax argument/agenda and realize the Vax is not the only answer here for us to get thru this.  You will look much smarter. 

Dont believe me listen to mRNA technology inventor yourself if you wanna learn something. 

Lol, long time biotech investor here and have multiple friends/family in or retired from big pharma, rna, dna and protein science.  

Thanks for your concern.  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Try telling him that.  His wife and daughter are vaxxed, but his son who has been quarantined a dozen times won't get it because his dad hasn't.  There's other issues going on I can't divulge but we've offered the mother and daughter to stay with us until it's over... big mess.

I really don't get the "I won't get vaccinated no matter what" thought process any more than I get the "everyone must be vaccinated" 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Lol, long time biotech investor here and have multiple friends/family in or retired from big pharma, rna, dna and protein science.  

Thanks for your concern.  :lol:

Cool. Wifey works for big pharma. Not anti vax at all either btw. I just like to hear all sides of the story which we aint getting.

Knew you wouldnt wanna watch it either tho all good...

Edited by EvilBird

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We have a faction of libtwats that make it fun for me and this year some are rabid covid fearfuls.  I’ve already told my father to have some “to go” boxes ready.

Now I understand why you spent Thanksgiving at spirit mtn in the past.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I really don't get the "I won't get vaccinated not matter what" thought process.  

In his case, selfish and formulating his stance based on internet opinions rather than data.

For some people, getting vaxxed (or not) is  based on what they call research. Good luck if you do your research on Facebook. I don't think most know how to really do the research, and could not understand the data anyway. 

For some, it is political, seems to me that making healthcare decisions based on politics isn't going to end well. 

Some people have a REAL fear of needles. They won't tell you this is the reason, especially some of the men. We once convinced a coworker to get a flu shot, he said he thought he didn't need it. The nurse was cleaning his arm getting him ready, he fainted before she even picked up the syringe. If the vax was available in a tablet, they would take it in a minute. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

In his case, selfish and formulating his stance based on internet opinions rather than data.

That wouldnt be the data from Israel then because that would unfortunately prove you wrong?. 

Yup better check with Fauci hes gonna circle back on that one.  

• Like 1

Reality is you have to use just a bit of common sense when listening or reading both sides COVID/Vaccine points of view.  There is nothing wrong with trusting the "science" and there is nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical of govt and big pharma.  Said from the get go I wanted everything around COVID to be handled open and honestly and its been everything but that.  Yes some because it wasn't known but much to push an agenda.  

One of my biggest issues on how its been handled is the lack of importance put on being/getting healthy as well as ways to boost your immune system.   Fucking ridiculous.   Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by telling a fatty with a heart conditions and diabetes they should lose weight.  There has not been a better time in our history were a disease could have been used to push a population to a more healthy lifestyle.   Instead one side pushed a vac and the other treatments.   The anti-vax/treatment side has pushed healthy living and immune system boosting a bit more but not nearly enough. 

Somewhat makes sense.   We have so many unhealthy, heavy people in this country we don't dare call them out.   Without question call a liberal fat and they will make some excuse about slow metabolism and be hurt.   Call a conservative fat and they will readily admit its no-one's fault but their own.  See this every day on social media.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Cool. Wifey works for big pharma. Not anti vax at all either btw. I just like to hear all sides of the story which we aint getting.

Knew you wouldnt watch it tho its cool. 

Good friend in the dna sequencing arena told me early on this, unlike bird or swine flu was going to be the real deal.  He's been to CDC labs for work and seen some scary looking shit.  Hanta, Ebola, Dengue, etc. so I take his opinion rather serious. 

It's not 'just a flu' friends. ;)

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Catalina said:

For some people, getting vaxxed (or not) is  based on what they call research. Good luck if you do your research on Facebook. I don't think most know how to really do the research, and could not understand the data anyway. 

For some, it is political, seems to me that making healthcare decisions based on politics isn't going to end well. 

Some people have a REAL fear of needles. They won't tell you this is the reason, especially some of the men. We once convinced a coworker to get a flu shot, he said he thought he didn't need it. The nurse was cleaning his arm getting him ready, he fainted before she even picked up the syringe. If the vax was available in a tablet, they would take it in a minute. 

Dont worry the tablet is coming. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Good friend in the dna sequencing arena told me early on this, unlike bird or swine flu was going to be the real deal.  He's been to CDC labs for work and seen some scary looking shit.  Hanta, Ebola, Dengue, etc. so I take his opinion rather serious. 

It's not 'just a flu' friends. ;)

Totally agree and said this from the start also....I do not think Covid is BS i had it twice myself and it sucked. 

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

One of my biggest issues on how its been handled is the lack of importance put on being/getting healthy as well as ways to boost your immune system.   Fucking ridiculous.   Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by telling a fatty they should lose weight.  There has not been a better time in our history were a disease could have been used to push a population to a more healthy lifestyle.   Instead one side pushed a vac and the other treatments.   The anti-vax/treatment side has pushed healthy living and immune system boosting a bit more but not nearly enough.  

And over the last year, the obesity % in this country has gone up.  I forget where I read it recently, or the exact numbers, but it was something around 31.1% to 31.8% if I remember correctly.  

1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

And over the last year, the obesity % in this country has gone up.  I forget where I read it recently, or the exact numbers, but it was something around 31.1% to 31.8% if I remember correctly.  

I'm actually surprised its not much worse with all the people working from home.   I don't snack at work because there is nothing around yet if I was at home 24/7 I'd be in the pantry/fridge 20 x's a day even if just looking. :lmao:I always tell my wife I don't know how she stays thin staying home so much.   

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

And diabetes, especially in our youth.  Rona is tailor made for our society of fat lazy Americans. 

Remember this guy? 

Close friends, 1/2 the family of 4 have it. Mom and Dad are vaxxed, mom is the only one showing signs and they're mild so far. 4 year old daughter is having a rough go. Lost taste and smell, doesn't want to eat anything, lethargic, diarrhea and running a temp. So far the 2 yr old seems to be OK but they're watching him pretty closely.

About a month ago, one of my shooting/hunting buddies had 5 of his aunts get it after they had a sisters get together. 2 ended up in the hospital, 1 has since passed. Older ladies, unknown health conditions. He believes they were all unvaxxed.

Edited by SShooterZ

In the past month, friend level:

Friends mother, fully vaxxed, but also a cancer survivor and smoker, passed after being on vent.  late 60's.

Husband, Wife, Child combo late 40's and 16, unvaxxed, varying degrees of illness.  Husband was pretty sick for 4-5 days, wife and child showed little symptoms, all tested positive.

Have already had a contact email from the kids school concerning a known exposure but they are pretty liberal with those.  School seems to be doing better than metro school who all have the mask mandates.

52 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

To go boxes?  You have some work to do if it takes that long.  My dad had my SIL crying in her car and on the way home during a week long vacation before the first meal was done.  :lol:

27 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Obesity is up even high among children.

55 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is you have to use just a bit of common sense when listening or reading both sides COVID/Vaccine points of view.  There is nothing wrong with trusting the "science" and there is nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical of govt and big pharma.  Said from the get go I wanted everything around COVID to be handled open and honestly and its been everything but that.  Yes some because it wasn't known but much to push an agenda.  

One of my biggest issues on how its been handled is the lack of importance put on being/getting healthy as well as ways to boost your immune system.   Fucking ridiculous.   Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by telling a fatty with a heart conditions and diabetes they should lose weight.  There has not been a better time in our history were a disease could have been used to push a population to a more healthy lifestyle.   Instead one side pushed a vac and the other treatments.   The anti-vax/treatment side has pushed healthy living and immune system boosting a bit more but not nearly enough. 

Somewhat makes sense.   We have so many unhealthy, heavy people in this country we don't dare call them out.   Without question call a liberal fat and they will make some excuse about slow metabolism and be hurt.   Call a conservative fat and they will readily admit its no-one's fault but their own.  See this every day on social media.   

Currently, I know no one who has covid. Supposedly my uncle got it, and right after he was tested too. Wasn't feeling anything peculiar but because of the media fear mongering, he thought he would. Was sicker than a dog, supposedly, and all he did was sleep. He is 72, smokes dope like no ones business and is definitely out of shape and overweight. Received his 2nd shot about 2 months ago after he recovered from it because there was no info or advice telling him he is likely good to go.

Speaking of obese, just yesterday on a local, heavily liberal leaning news site, they mentioned about the obese factor and how those who were the ones most currently sick and hospitalized. Couldn't believe my eyes that they actually mentioned it but watching the news and their ticker tape info today, not one word about it among all the other covid B.S. fear mongering they were spreading. Imo, they made a mistake yesterday releasing that info and likely someone got in a pile of shit for it, if not fired?

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Currently, I know no one who has covid. Supposedly my uncle got it, and right after he was tested too. Wasn't feeling anything peculiar but because of the media fear mongering, he thought he would. Was sicker than a dog, supposedly, and all he did was sleep. He is 72, smokes dope like no ones business and is definitely out of shape and overweight. Received his 2nd shot about 2 months ago after he recovered from it because there was no info or advice telling him he is likely good to go.

Speaking of obese, just yesterday on a local, heavily liberal leaning news site, they mentioned about the obese factor and how those who were the ones most currently sick and hospitalized. Couldn't believe my eyes that they actually mentioned it but watching the news and their ticker tape info today, not one word about it among all the other covid B.S. fear mongering they were spreading. Imo, they made a mistake yesterday releasing that info and likely someone got in a pile of shit for it, if not fired?

Not sure I've seen one scene of a covid patient in an American hospital where they weren't SEVERLY obese.  Be curious to see the average BMI of those who have died from it. 

Edited by Highmark