Do you know anyone with COVID?

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racer254 said:

Personally, I have not heard of anyone either.  I haven't heard anyone in about 3 months.

I'm sure its bad in spots but seems to be in a real low point in my area.   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Curious.   I haven't heard of anyone in my area in over a month. 

I know of 4, all are fully vaxed, one was in the hospital for a month, now she's in a rehabilitation facility from what I was told by her neighbor, I think she comes or came home this week. I'll find out Saturday or Sunday when I mow her lawn. She's an older lady mid to late 70's. She's gone thru a lot this past year lost her daughter and grand kids in an accident on the Thruway last summer, hit a stopped tractor trailer..Very sad

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I know of 4, all are fully vaxed, one was in the hospital for a month, now she's in a rehabilitation facility from what I was told by her neighbor, I think she comes or came home this week. I'll find out Saturday or Sunday when I mow her lawn. She's an older lady mid to late 70's. She's gone thru a lot this past year lost her daughter and grand kids in an accident on the Thruway last summer, hit a stopped tractor trailer..Very sad

Oh man.....that's tough.  

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes

He's a rabid anti-vaxxer, overweight and not doing well but not in the hospital quite yet.  Pneumonia and coughing up blood.  Seems worth it, right?

Anyone with pre-existing conditions that are known to cause difficulty with COVID is absolutely foolish to not be vaccinated.   I would say the same thing with Influenza.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve really only known just a few that have “officially” been diagnosed with it since the start that I believe.  Plenty of victims and hypochondriacs that claim to have every new malady under the sun though.

The reality is, I do believe it’s highly contagious and I certainly believe most of us have already had it.  Remember that 3 day cough and nasal drip from last year?  Yep, that was it.

My ex son-in-law's girlfriend has it (tested positive), found out today. She is not vaxxed. Says she already had it, don't need to vax. My granddaughters where there the other night. Find out today that their father (vaxxed) isn't feeling good today. 

Nightmare for my daughter. has to keep the kids (two and five) home from daycare. They were supposed to spend the weekend with their father, that isn't happening now, so no break for her. If the kids get sick, this could get messy. 

My daughter suggested to her ex just last week that it wasn't smart to expose the kids to this girl if she isn't vaxxed, he isn't smart enough (or doesnt have the backbone) to keep her away from the girls. Now they are exposed, hopefully they won't get sick. 

Frustrating thing is that it is likely needless...

Edited by Catalina

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh man.....that's tough.  

Anyone with pre-existing conditions that are known to cause difficulty with COVID is absolutely foolish to not be vaccinated.   I would say the same thing with Influenza.  

I agree.  If the flu shot is something you absolutely get every year and getting sick leaves you couch ridden for days, no reason to not get the shot for this.  If nothing else, placebos do work with many.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I agree.  If the flu shot is something you absolutely get every year and getting sick leaves you couch ridden for days, no reason to not get the shot for this.  If nothing else, placebos do work with many.  

Influenza hits everyone differently and that vaccine is a far cry different than this one.  I've been getting the flu shot for the past 2-3 years even though its very rare for me to be sick.  

There is a very specific list of pre-existing conditions for COVID that don't always impact those with the flu the same.   Any 1 or 2 of those and its crazy not to be vaccinated against COVID.  Every fatality still has on average 2.6 of them.  If I had 2-3 of them I would be vaccinated and living my life much differently.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Influenza hits everyone differently and that vaccine is a far cry different than this one.  I've been getting the flu shot for the past 2-3 years even though its very rare for me to be sick.  

There is a very specific list of pre-existing conditions for COVID that don't always impact those with the flu the same.   Any 1 or 2 of those and its crazy not to be vaccinated against COVID.  Every fatality still has on average 2.6 of them.  If I had 2-3 of them I would be vaccinated and living my life much differently.  

This really has turned into a hatred for those that don’t get sick easily and aren’t at risk.  I always have a few people every year that tell me, “that sore through and cough you has for two days isn’t the REAL FLU!  If you ever really get the flu, you’ll see….then you’ll get the flu shot!”

I just laugh.  Look, some systems are just more hearty than others.  That is that.  I’m not compromising my system because somebody else’s is fucked.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Catalina said:

My ex son-in-law's girlfriend has it (tested positive), found out today. She is not vaxxed. Says she already had it, don't need to vax. My granddaughters where there the other night. Find out today that their father (vaxxed) isn't feeling good today. 

Nightmare for my daughter. has to keep the kids (two and five) home from daycare. They were supposed to spend the weekend with their father, that isn't happening now, so no break for her. If the kids get sick, this could get messy. 

My daughter suggested to her ex just last week that it wasn't smart to expose the kids to this girl if she isn't vaxxed, he isn't smart enough (or doesnt have the backbone) to keep her away from the girls. Now they are exposed, hopefully they won't get sick. 

Frustrating thing is that it is likely needless...

I don't know the whole situation, but how the hell is he supposed to keep his girlfriend away from the children and even so, he will be around the girlfriend and the children so that is kind of pointless.  Jesus, maybe they all should show a little compassion and realize it isn't a situation to blame a particular person instead, just get through it and hope it all works out good.  I guess I really don't understand how it could be a "nightmare" for your daughter, she isn't the one who has the deadly COVID.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh man.....that's tough.  

Try telling him that.  His wife and daughter are vaxxed, but his son who has been quarantined a dozen times won't get it because his dad hasn't.  There's other issues going on I can't divulge but we've offered the mother and daughter to stay with us until it's over... big mess.

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes

He's a rabid anti-vaxxer, overweight and not doing well but not in the hospital quite yet.  Pneumonia and coughing up blood.  Seems worth it, right?

Is there a vaccine for Pneumonia?  So then, he’s sure to die soon.  That’s what I hear on this site anyway. “THE VaKzIne DOESN’T PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING COVID!!!!  IT JUST STOPS YOU FROM DYING!!!”

I hope his affairs are in order.

• Thanks 2

My 14 yr old nephew tested positive recently and recovered. My riding bud had it and recovered. 

My wife is a emergency room PA. She see's covid positive people all the time and has since the start. She got vaxxed last winter under pressure from her coworkers. She's not anti vax, she just wanted more data on the vax. 

Anyway, myself and my kids are not vaxxed. We have also never been tested. Not sure how we couldn't have gotten it, but I guess its possible. TBH I "think" I had it around christmas 2019. But no test, no proof. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

My 14 yr old nephew tested positive recently and recovered. My riding bud had it and recovered. 

My wife is a emergency room PA. She see's covid positive people all the time and has since the start. She got vaxxed last winter under pressure from her coworkers. She's not anti vax, she just wanted more data on the vax. 

Anyway, myself and my kids are not vaxxed. We have also never been tested. Not sure how we couldn't have gotten it, but I guess its possible. TBH I "think" I had it around christmas 2019. But no test, no proof. 

Oh, those tests were faulty then.  If they REALLY had covid…..they’d have known it and been ventilated!!!!

Its hard to keep up with the bullshit anymore.  I’m glad I’ve quit trying.

55 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No way they were “fully vaccinated” then!  NO wHEy!!!  They were lying!!!  Or…”It wUZ a BreAktrhorouh VaryANT!!!!”

:lol:

Again, the BS is just too much anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Is there a vaccine for Pneumonia?  So then, he’s sure to die soon.  That’s what I hear on this site anyway. “THE VaKzIne DOESN’T PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING COVID!!!!  IT JUST STOPS YOU FROM DYING!!!”

I hope his affairs are in order.

I sincerely hope not and hope he pulls through.  His mother is dying of cancer, which makes the situation even worse.  It's sad, and frustrating for everyone involved.   

:(

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I sincerely hope not and hope he pulls through.  His mother is dying of cancer, which makes the situation even worse.  It's sad, and frustrating for everyone involved.   

:(

Is he a bad man?  A bad husband/father?  My advice is to duck out and MYOB.  Getting involved in other’s family business creates more problems.  Mainly for those trying to “help”.

But, that’s my opinion.  

• Like 1