ICU bed shortage in Wisconsin

Crnr2Crnr

1 minute ago, SShooterZ said:

93% of ICU beds in use seems high. Any idea what the "norm" is before the virus hit?

Great question.  I would suspect that running at a 93% ICU bed rate makes those hospitals A LOT of money.  And that in turn allows them to KEEP all their doctors and nurses employed!  Not like it was last year when they were cutting staff because nobody was going to the hospital, even for all the "norm"al things people usually do and require said treatment.

Edited by Mag6240

Maybe this 93% ICU bed rate is due to all the jackasses going up north and crossing roads on the way to the next bar in their SXS's without looking!    :dunno:

Edited by Mag6240
  • Haha 1

I think it was in Florida last year where some hospitals got caught inflating the numbers to receive additional Federal aid.

Of course we now have the additional Afghanistan refugees that I'm sure were vaccinated before they walked off the plane.  

8 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Maybe this 93% ICU bed rate is due to all the jackasses going up north and crossing roads on the way to the next bar in their SXS's without looking!    :dunno:

Could be due to a lot of factors.  Labor Day, School athletics, We got 13,0000 afghan refugees.  I mean, if you really have time to research, you can figure it out, but like anything, if the media can blame it on one simple cause, the populace that is lazy will believe it. 

Vaccinations definitely not keeping you from getting it!!

neither moderna or phizer.

I will say they probably help with not having severe complications.

Hospitals are a mess right now.

Short staffed long hours!!

numbers of cases in two local hospitals higher than year ago!!

I think this is due to everybody just out and about.

not much we can do but ride the wave and hope for the best!!

think sooner or later everyone will get it!!

• Like 1

If an ICU has 30 beds, but can only maintain 10 of them because they don't have nurses and other medical resources, then yeah occupying 9 out of 10 vs. 9 out of 30 is a bit misleading.  But 93% sounds way more scary.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

If an ICU has 30 beds, but can only maintain 10 of them because they don't have nurses and other medical resources, then yeah occupying 9 out of 10 vs. 9 out of 30 is a bit misleading.  But 93% sounds way more scary.

well if you don't have the staff the other 20 beds are immaterial.  

A chart with the stat's is much easier to understand vs a single data point or stat.  As with any data it's how you interpret it.  Look at the trend lines over the past year for hospitalization, ICU patients and ICU, Bed and Ventilator usage.  The trend lines are pretty flat which tells me that even though 55% of WI residents are fully vaccinated it's having little to no impact on the hospitalization rates or number of people in the ICU over the past year.

For fuck sake, people need to go on living their lives even though this weapon has been unleashed and there is little to nothing any of us can do about it.  Perhaps those most in fear over this shit should be taking their leaders to task over holding those responsible for releasing this shit and making them accountable for it.

hospital stats.png

Edited by jdsky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Angry ginger said:

well if you don't have the staff the other 20 beds are immaterial.  

I know .. and I agree.  But the fact is, they like to use percentages to make this look worse than it really is.  I'm speculating here, but I'd have to guess the lack of staffing is due to COVID as well with a lot of it related to mandatory jabs resulting in staff not accepting that & quitting.  If fully staffed, those "30" beds would be available.  I realize the other 20 are irrelevant, but using percentages to paint a picture is misleading.  Saying 9 cases are in the ICU with only 10 of 30 beds available isn't nearly as effective though.

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I know .. and I agree.  But the fact is, they like to use percentages to make this look worse than it really is.  I'm speculating here, but I'd have to guess the lack of staffing is due to COVID as well with a lot of it related to mandatory jabs resulting in staff not accepting that & quitting.  If fully staffed, those "30" beds would be available.  I realize the other 20 are irrelevant, but using percentages to paint a picture is misleading.  Saying 9 cases are in the ICU with only 10 of 30 beds available isn't nearly as effective though.

Yep, it's called deception.  And there are a few that use it constantly on this site.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

You really have turned into quite a whiner.  I have also.  It’s not that bad.  :lmao:

I never realized how easy the fishing was in this pond until recently. 

:lol: 

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/hosp-data.htm

Facts aren't nearly as entertaining as pure speculation and internet rumors.  My favorite statistic on the site is how the vast majority of deaths are white Boomer's. 

Hand me the worms... :fishing:

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I never realized how easy the fishing was in this pond until recently. 

:lol: 

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/hosp-data.htm

Facts aren't nearly as entertaining as pure speculation and internet rumors.  My favorite statistic on the site is how the vast majority of deaths are white Boomer's. 

Hand me the worms... :fishing:

So pull up the cdc numbers on deaths and show us all what category makes up the biggest dead pool 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

So pull up the cdc numbers on deaths and show us all what category makes up the biggest dead pool 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge 85 & over with a slight edge over boomers

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/health_disparities.htm predominantly white

do your own fucking research, that took me a minute on a slow connection with a slightly smart phone and a dumb operator

https://www.foxnews.com/health/americans-covid-data-death-census COVID-19 kills Americans at a rate of 1 in 500, data shows

https://www.foxnews.com/health/nearly-all-covid-19-deaths-us-unvaccinated Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-in-us-state-by-state-breakdown Coronavirus in the US: State-by-state breakdown

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-cases-rising-in-schools Pediatric COVID cases rising in multiple states as students return to the classroom

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nhl-expects-98-of-players-to-be-vaccinated-before-season lmao, this one is for @Zambroski NHL expects 98% of players to be vaccinated before season

more.thumb.jpg.ff09515f4c2373fae1657094aaf9cb9e.jpg

36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge 85 & over with a slight edge over boomers

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/health_disparities.htm predominantly white

do your own fucking research, that took me a minute on a slow connection with a slightly smart phone and a dumb operator

So it looks like boomers are the #1 winners of the covid dead pool . Let's face it the over 85 don't count they were only called covid for the extra cash the home got . Most were never even tested when they died in there sleep in the wheel chair in the hall after diner 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So it looks like boomers are the #1 winners of the covid dead pool . Let's face it the over 85 don't count they were only called covid for the extra cash the home got . Most were never even tested when they died in there sleep in the wheel chair in the hall after diner 

BouncyLivelyChimpanzee-size_restricted.g

I hope neither of us ever die in a home. 

IDK about you but I plan to buy a Polaris in my twilight years and leave this spinning blue marble crashing in a fiery inferno... because Polaris.  :lol:

Wife talked to her RN friend last week and she said the same thing that it's a staff shortage and not techically a bed shortage.  You have to have X number of staff to support X number of beds.  She was offered a crazy bonus to cancel her vacation and take the days off at a later time. 

If you have 30 beds but only staff to support 10 you only have 10 beds available.

• Like 1

Again try to book a apt to see your regular doctor for somthing not nessisarly urgent but pressing none the less tomarrow. See where they tell you to go . 

And when urgent care is backed up for 4 hrs see where they tell you to go .

This is all a result of propaganda installing fear to the masses making them put off regular care for over a yr and now top that with massive staffing shortages that have everything to do with making last yrs essential heros in to unemployed anti vaxers . Enjoy your self 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Doug said:

Wife talked to her RN friend last week and she said the same thing that it's a staff shortage and not techically a bed shortage.  You have to have X number of staff to support X number of beds.  She was offered a crazy bonus to cancel her vacation and take the days off at a later time. 

If you have 30 beds but only staff to support 10 you only have 10 beds available.

Might be the single biggest mishandling of the pandemic was the handouts.  Hell a local pizza place had this sign out front today at lunch.  WTF?  Doesn't anyone want to work?

bVgGK4n.png

18 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Might be the single biggest mishandling of the pandemic was the handouts.  Hell a local pizza place had this sign out front today at lunch.  WTF?  Doesn't anyone want to work?

bVgGK4n.png

It’s really hard to rate the epic “mishandling” of this complete debacle of a so called pandemic.  So much idiocy.  Just so much.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

bVgGK4n.png

That would be one of them.  When you hear somebody say I'm not going back to work because I'm making more money not working.  Just shows again how backwards things are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

bVgGK4n.png

I have not been able to get a hot lunch in uptown for over 2 mo every place has a sign taped to the door closed afternoons because if staffing issues . Just nuts