7S or standard guage

Doug

I've been going with the 7S guage.  It's really more than what I need but it does have some features I like.  Map of course especially when your in an area you normally don't ride.  Seeing the display as your riding is nice. I also normally go up earlier than some of the guys and actually use the phone/ text function alot to meet up with them.  It's nice when your trying to meet up and you get a text notification right away stop and call them

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

I had it on my 2021, but never got to use it since I sold my sled without even riding it last season ... but my 2022 has it as part of my snowcheck order (whether or not it comes with it when I take delivery will be a whole different conversation).  After having the standard MFD on my 2019, and riding my buddy's sled with the PIDD, I really missed the better display.  I don't disagree with anyone who says the PIDD and 7s are overpriced and overkill for what people need on a snowmobile .. but they really are nice setups.  I don't know that I'd ever recover the full price of it when it comes time to sell - but it's definitely a bonus having it and makes it easier to sell.

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I had it on my 2021, but never got to use it since I sold my sled without even riding it last season ... but my 2022 has it as part of my snowcheck order (whether or not it comes with it when I take delivery will be a whole different conversation).  After having the standard MFD on my 2019, and riding my buddy's sled with the PIDD, I really missed the better display.  I don't disagree with anyone who says the PIDD and 7s are overpriced and overkill for what people need on a snowmobile .. but they really are nice setups.  I don't know that I'd ever recover the full price of it when it comes time to sell - but it's definitely a bonus having it and makes it easier to sell.

Either display will work fine and I keep telling myself the upgraded guage help the resale and is worth it 🤔

When comparing the 7S to the PIDD its really no comparison.  The 7S really makes the PIDD look old.

Yeah, I got the standard gauge last year vs. the PIDD on my '21 Axys - can't read the damn thing without cheaters anyway!  The 7s?  I would probably have to go for it for the reasons you guys listed, resale, but honestly its a "nice to have" vs. a need for me.

I live and work with tech shit every day.  I go to the northwoods every weekend to escape it and leave reality behind.  I want to smell the 2 smoke on my 650 and here the turbo spool up on my 900T.  So PIDD for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I do a lot of backpacking trips on trails/ditches I have never been on.  While an off the shelf Garmin or the likes works, the built in gauge with the capability of zooming withough removing your hands from the bars is huge.  The integration and lack of failure as well.  IMO they should put it on all their sleds and amortize the cost.  It is really a great option IMO.  If you only ride where you always know where you are then it isn't, but if you explore it is so much nicer than a paper map or a bolt on solution.  I would never buy a sled without it.

• Like 2

I have a General with the 7” Ride Command.  We find trails we never would’ve seen with the GPS.  It’s relatively easy to use, accurate and easy to see while riding.  It was worth it.  Polaris has the best GPS in powersports I’ve ever seen.

Had a 650 vr1 for the weekend last year and 7s was great.It was thin and rough early up near grand marais so i so i looked up some forest roads and mapped out our ride and it took me right where i wanted to go!!easy to read going down trail.worth the money and great for resale i think!!Love to have it on the old sportsman!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I wish it was possible to retrofit my 21 AXYS SBA with a 7s in place of my PIDD which I can’t read without readers.

Which is why I got the standard gauge on my ‘21 Axys.