Food prices.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

I've noticed that processed and prepackaged food prices have skyrocketed, while whole foods like rice and produce has stayed pretty level. Interesting.

I agree, I'm not seeing much of a price increase on fresh meat and produce. I don't really look at much processed foods though so I can't comment on those prices. I picked up a 9pk of fresh chicken thighs yesterday for $2.97.. 

The price of gas is pissing me off though, the only expense I have, so as it goes up I lose profitablity..Grrrr

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I agree, I'm not seeing much of a price increase on fresh meat and produce. I don't really look at much processed foods though so I can't comment on those prices. I picked up a 9pk of fresh chicken thighs yesterday for $2.97.. 

The price of gas is pissing me off though, the only expense I have, so as it goes up I lose profitablity..Grrrr

Gas pricing is weird. The spikes are regional in the states. Here in my area it's still $2.75 gallon. Over in Europe the price of fuel has become insane. I talked to my brother in law. He lives in London. He said "petro" hasn't been as high in 10 years. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Gas pricing is weird. The spikes are regional in the states. Here in my area it's still $2.75 gallon. Over in Europe the price of fuel has become insane. I talked to my brother in law. He lives in London. He said "petro" hasn't been as high in 10 years. 

I agree, with all the traveling I do around the state I'm seeing anywhere from $3.00 to $3.35/gal..Legit two Circle K stations 4 miles apart have a .20 difference in price, both are on the same road, 4 miles apart..Boggles the mind..

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree, with all the traveling I do around the state I'm seeing anywhere from $3.00 to $3.35/gal..Legit two Circle K stations 4 miles apart have a .20 difference in price, both are on the same road, 4 miles apart..Boggles the mind..

I just filled up this afternoon at Fleet Farm for $2.72 for regular. I really can't complain. Wholesale prices of used vehicles just shot up again. I'm waiting two weeks and dumping the M2. I can get a price that's just too good to past up. Carvana will give me a price that's more than it was worth 2 years ago by a rather large margin. 

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I just filled up this afternoon at Fleet Farm for $2.72 for regular. I really can't complain. Wholesale prices of used vehicles just shot up again. I'm waiting two weeks and dumping the M2. I can get a price that's just too good to past up. Carvana will give me a price that's more than it was worth 2 years ago by a rather large margin. 

Wish it was that here. Seeing $2.99 to $3.19 . Was hoping it would stay low till closings were done.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:12 PM, Rigid1 said:

5n88zx.jpg

• Haha 2