What Brand Snowmobile Is Best??

I think Poo has definitely been working hard to improve over the last half decade and would definitely try one but I left the two stroke treadmill five years ago and won't be looking back. 

I also have a hard time with owners talking about drive bearings in brand new sleds needing to be serviced and/or swapped out after a few hundred miles or wait a couple of thousand miles and have the dealer replace them under warranty when it's the least convenient time to have it done.  I have never had to think about a drive bearing on any of my sleds over the past decade and a half even when putting 7K miles on the clock of some of them.  Poo needs to get things like these tightened up specifically when their pricing is now at parity with the competition.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I think Poo has definitely been working hard to improve over the last half decade and would definitely try one but I left the two stroke treadmill five years ago and won't be looking back. 

I also have a hard time with owners talking about drive bearings in brand new sleds needing to be serviced and/or swapped out after a few hundred miles or wait a couple of thousand miles and have the dealer replace them under warranty when it's the least convenient time to have it done.  I have never had to think about a drive bearing on any of my sleds over the past decade and a half even when putting 7K miles on the clock of some of them.  Poo needs to get things like these tightened up specifically when their pricing is now at parity with the competition.  

I concur.  Poo has made leaps and bounds and has done some really great things.  However, they still sit last in the dependability equation.  I like their warranty program though.  It seems efficient with plenty of dealer support.

Riding style and body size is a big factor in brand choices. Then you have trail sled, cross over,and mountain sleds. You also have to factor in where you Are riding. I ride the western UP. A guy riding twisties in Wisconsin would be stupid to buy the sleds I ride. I’m lucky to have a neighbor that test rides sleds and writes articles as a side gig. I ride with him and we hang out. His crew isn’t brand loyal. They ride all of them, and all over the US in different snow conditions. I canceled my original spring order,because they got some seat time on the switch with the fox set up . He told me it is the perfect sled for my riding style. It was also a grand cheaper than the assault. The snow was gone in the Midwest,but they got some seat time on all of the 22’s out west. I’m not comfortable on the Rev,feels like I’m sitting on a bar stool. The rev fits other guys like a glove. I have a other neighbor that buys two up Yammi hoos. He is 65,6 6”,about 275lbs and not fat. He worked construction all of his life and his body is pretty beat up. Thats the perfect sled for him,but I would hate riding it. He does about 5000 a year and can easily get 4 years out of a Yami.