Deadly Nipah virus kills boy in India, prompts worries over outbreak

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/deadly-nipah-virus-india-worries-outbreak

The virus is highly lethal, with a fatality rate up to 75%, according to the World Health Organization. That's much higher than the fatality rate for COVID-19, which has been estimated to be around 2% overall, using data on cases and deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. But Nipah virus is much less contagious than the coronavirus causing COVID-19; for example, the coronavirus delta variant is estimated to have a basic reproduction number, or R0 (pronounced R naught), of around 7, which means that each infected person spreads the virus to an average of seven other people, according to NPR. In contrast, the R0 for Nipah virus is estimated to be around 0.5, according to the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

:news:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/deadly-nipah-virus-india-worries-outbreak

The virus is highly lethal, with a fatality rate up to 75%, according to the World Health Organization. That's much higher than the fatality rate for COVID-19, which has been estimated to be around 2% overall, using data on cases and deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. But Nipah virus is much less contagious than the coronavirus causing COVID-19; for example, the coronavirus delta variant is estimated to have a basic reproduction number, or R0 (pronounced R naught), of around 7, which means that each infected person spreads the virus to an average of seven other people, according to NPR. In contrast, the R0 for Nipah virus is estimated to be around 0.5, according to the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

Hopefully Nipah will become the next Ivermectin.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Skidude600 said:

Now how in the hell does a virus spread to half a person? Which half? Top or Bottom?

Come in contact with 20 then 1 gets it.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They are my immunotherapy!  Obviously, it’s working just a good as what you all are sticking in your precious, bodacious temples.  :lol:

I got the Moderna, can't wait to show you my third testicle.

32 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

So this virus is politically drive as well.:pc:

In India or here?  We have our own designed politically driven fiasco right now.  Several variants are on the way.  We can’t switch to a whole new virus mid stream.  It would just confuse those pushing liberal fascism.

Just now, Zambroski said:

In India or here?  We have our own designed politically driven fiasco right now.  Several variants are on the way.  We can’t switch to a whole new virus mid stream.  It would just confuse those pushing liberal fascism.

It was tongue in cheek to his comment aboot the "left" side of the body. Get it. Left as in the left vs the right.......  Annnnnd I was referencing the covid in U.S. Gawd dam Z why do I have to splain this to you??