Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weapons

Mainecat

50 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Thankfully someone lived by the oath he took. Anyone here who still supports Trump should be sent straight to hell.

Glad to see we have that effect on you. 

Bahahahahahaha. 😂 

Pssst: As Frankie from Alaska wiukd say, “I think you have a brain eating Amoeba.” I’d get checked out just in case. :wink

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Thankfully someone lived by the oath he took. Anyone here who still supports Trump should be sent straight to hell.

DUUUUUUUUDE   shut of your TV.  its eating your brain.   to support this administrations actions is sickening.  and none of this has anything to do with Donald Trump,, like it or not.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Where exactly in the policy and procedure protocol does it say to call the enemy and tell them an attack is coming?

And for what it is worth, I doubt the reporting on this.

Well if its made up I'd say Milley has a homerun lawsuit case against Bob Woodward.  He actually quoted him in the book regarding the phone call.  

How is China our biggest enemy?  We import like $500 billion in product from them which accounts for almost 20% of our annual imports. Taiwan is also who we're begging to up production of chips so all those cars sitting in the manufacturer lots can get in the hands of consumers.

11 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

How is China our biggest enemy?  We import like $500 billion in product from them which accounts for almost 20% of our annual imports. Taiwan is also who we're begging to up production of chips so all those cars sitting in the manufacturer lots can get in the hands of consumers.

2 biggest kids on the block will always be enemies.   Just because we do business with them doesn't mean we are on completely friendly terms. 

I'd say this does need some corroboration and bare minimum sworn testimony from Milley.   Woodward doesn't have the greatest reputation when you look past deep throat.

https://toptradeguru.com/news/13-times-the-press-slammed-bob-woodward-as-a-liar-a/

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

When trump makes his comeback and wins his second term he’ll bring along his get even list. Should be a real show stopper following the Biden era. 

god bless America. :lol: 

lol  WAKE UP. The dems worked endlessly against him had and checked off items on there own list four four years. they were so butt hurt they couldnt focus on anything else.  i hope Trump does come back and burns them all.   turnabout is fair play

11 minutes ago, old indy said:

lol  WAKE UP. The dems worked endlessly against him had and checked off items on there own list four four years. they were so butt hurt they couldnt focus on anything else.  i hope Trump does come back and burns them all.   turnabout is fair play

The republicans have no one else. GOP’ers love trump. I hear it everyday. They want liberals to suffer. 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Where exactly in the policy and procedure protocol does it say to call the enemy and tell them an attack is coming?

And for what it is worth, I doubt the reporting on this.

Nothing?

Nobody?

21 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Scary shit. The sad part is the Republican Party stepped aside.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/woodward-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

An investigation will follow, however, as info comes out , looks like your info is mostly incorrect again. We’ll see…..give it some time.

Sounds like Pelosi called him (Miley) just after 1/6 and went batshit crazy about Trump on him.

Gonna be interesting to find out, as all these Trump stories end up, about how the left lost it and tried to pull shit over our eyes.

Edited by CFM

On 9/15/2021 at 12:01 PM, Snake said:

Nothing?

Nobody?

Doesn't a soldier's oath contain the following?
"do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

We were not, and are still not, at war with China, regardless of how big they are in this world. We had not declared war on them either. I might be wrong but I believe Congress has to approve any attacks on foreign land without a declaration of war in place. Congress was not supportive of an attack on China so it shouldn't have even been on the table.

One of these calls took place AFTER the whacko's in DC thought attacking their fellow Americans in an effort to overturn an election at the hands of the outgoing POTUS was a good idea. So considering the actions of the outgoing POTUS and the effects an unprovoked attack would have on the U.S., I say Milley absolutely did what he needed to do to defend the Constitution by ensuring an attack did not happen. We're talking about a potential nuclear war here.

My question is, how do you not support a man who has served this country and did all in his power to avert a potential nuclear war started by us? Are you 100% A-OK with him standing by and letting the raging lunatic who was voted out to start a war because he was having a tantrum? You're good with that? I'd love to hear your defense on that one.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, Phenom said:

Did you really read the excerpt. Milley demanded that the established process be followed to a tee. And that process included him amongst many other checks and balances. Milleys concern was that Trump may try to go outside the procedure and process, hence the statement of the potential for a president going “rouge”. Sounds like Milley wanted everything by the absolute book. That’s not treason. 

If he called his Chinese counterpart without informing the president, it absolutely is treason.  His role and jurisdiction is strictly advisory to the president and he doesnt have the authority to make that call.

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If he called his Chinese counterpart without informing the president, it absolutely is treason.  His role and jurisdiction is strictly advisory to the president and he doesnt have the authority to make that call.

Treason is only applicable during declared time of war. We are neither at war with China nor are they listed as an enemy. They are however an adversary in terms of competing for financial and military status. Read the UCMJ refs and rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SShooterZ said:

nuclear war started by us? 

Or by ANYBODY. A nuclear Holocaust could wipe out man from the face of this earth. The world has enough nuclear arms to exterminate the world several times over. 

• Like 1