Full face or MX helmet poll

Full face or mx helmet  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer a full face or MX style helmet

• Full face Helmet
    • MX Helmet
    • I’m a rebel screw helmets

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

On top of a shortage of sleds, apparently, if you aren’t a pea head or have jumbo melon, good luck finding a nice lid right now too.  Jesus!

They are all sitting in a boat parked off the LA coast. Swim out and find what you need ya lazy ass! :lol:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Those look interesting. 👊🏻

Did a tiny bit of research, looks like CKS makes them for BRP.  IDK what kind of breath box seal they use.

May try to find one of these to inspect.

https://www.klim.com/Krios-Karbon-Adventure-Helmet-ECE-DOT-3510-000

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

On top of a shortage of sleds, apparently, if you aren’t a pea head or have jumbo melon, good luck finding a nice lid right now too.  Jesus!

Noticed that too.  Will probably be wearing the old TXI bowling ball for one more season.  

44 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Under 20 degrees, BRP Oxygen (although I might try a MIssion helmet this season), above 20 degrees, Carbon Klim

Interesting.  I find that below -10f that a MX style is a must as everything else freezes up.  The only reason I like full face is for noise reduction, but the rest of the MX outweighs that.  I will add the Titan is the quietest MX helmet I have ever worn 

Last two seasons a BRP Oxygen.  Decade before that BV2S.  The only thing I liked about the BV2S over the Oxygen was no cord but that is a small tradeoff for no breath box.  The magnetic connection on the Oxygen works great.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Interesting.  I find that below -10f that a MX style is a must as everything else freezes up.  The only reason I like full face is for noise reduction, but the rest of the MX outweighs that.  I will add the Titan is the quietest MX helmet I have ever worn 

I give you alotta credit if you think an MX style is a must if its -10.  I'd freeze my face off.  :lol:  :bc:  My Oxygen is a little snug on me, and I wasn't able to use the noise canceling pads, which probably would have made things alot better.  I have a buddy who has one of everything and he likes that new Mission.  

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I give you alotta credit if you think an MX style is a must if its -10.  I'd freeze my face off.  :lol:  :bc:  My Oxygen is a little snug on me, and I wasn't able to use the noise canceling pads, which probably would have made things alot better.  I have a buddy who has one of everything and he likes that new Mission.  

My BV2S fogged up once it was that cold.  That is why I switched to MX.  Can't say my face has ever been cold outside of a couple balaclava fitting issues I worked out.  So much lighter, more than warm enough, and changing goggles for light conditions is easy.  

Edited by Deephaven
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:01 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Super happy with my Klim helmet. I have the F3. I hear the F5 is even better. 

I still don’t have a need to run any but 509 goggles either. Love my heated set too. No more fogging when huffing and puffing while riding off trail where there’s no air moving. 

I have a full face but never wear it. Crazy how heavy those things are once you’re use to a light open/goggle combo. 

I like the f4 when above zero . After that not a fan at all . Or if trail riding unless warm out not a fan fan .

Also I have seen 2 diff f3 come apart in harder hits . Did there job but litteraly came apart. Also don't like how the new f4 and f5 don't come with the 3 diff size cheek snap in parts 

I have a carbon 509 also not a huge fan but it is ok when a bit colder . 

When on trail he'll when it is in those-20 type of bullshit I have a older skidoo deal with the nasty oxygen mask type of deal . It is nice when it us that cold but they are gross as fuck 

Edited by Ez ryder

On 11/4/2021 at 8:15 AM, Deephaven said:

I still get fogging when real cold with mx style . And I bring like 3 pr with every trip.  So not awful to grab a warm dry pr . I would say when real cold most guys I am with are swapping out every stop . On trail not a issue really not really getting wet ot sweat issues but still not as warm as my heavy ass ski doo deal with heated shield . I may add that fucker is lucky if it comes out 1 day a yr lol

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I like the f3 when above zero . After that not a fan at all . Or if trail riding unless warm out not a fan fan .

Also I have seen 2 diff f3 come apart in harder hits . Did there job but litteraly came apart. Also don't like how the new f3 and f5 don't come with the 3 diff size cheek snap in parts 

I have a carbon 509 also not a huge fan but it is ok when a bit colder . 

When on trail he'll when it is in those-20 type of bullshit I have a older skidoo deal with the nasty oxygen mask type of deal . It is nice when it us that cold but they are gross as fuck 

I put the cold weather liner in mine last winter when it was in the negatives. Didn’t have any issue after that but yeah, it was a little chilly before that. 

Also, I will say that I am a sweat box so I can’t wear anything like a SD modular. They are waaaaaay too warm. I would sweat in the BVS2 I had even way down into the negative. I do still have a full face HJC snow helmet sitting around but it’s so hot and heavy that I can’t wear it anymore. I wanted to try one of the 509 dual sport looking jobs this year but that’s not happening. 

If you want to talk about a helmet not being able to take a hit, look no further than ANY modular helmet. I’ve seen them shatter from the smallest of impacts. My brother in law was wearing a SD modular when he was killed. Granted his head did make a glancing impact with the tree he hit but there wasn’t a piece of his helmet any bigger than the size of my hand left over. That helmet literally exploded. I cringe when I see anyone wearing any kind of modular helmet now. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Think I've settled on FXR for this year.  Haven't tried them yet.  Now, gotta roll the dice and hope they can get me one before snow flies or, try to find a leftover in my size.  Jesus.  Crazy times!

It was crazy at hay days few guys I was with with there list and only 1 found the lid they were looking for .

One other had been looking from then till now and they just came in at kirk ordered it and got it looked again out if stock again  . Less than a week lol.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I still get fogging when real cold with mx style . And I bring like 3 pr with every trip.  So not awful to grab a warm dry pr . I would say when real cold most guys I am with are swapping out every stop . On trail not a issue really not really getting wet ot sweat issues but still not as warm as my heavy ass ski doo deal with heated shield . I may add that fucker is lucky if it comes out 1 day a yr lol

I have a set of the 509 Ignite goggles. Game changer, imo. If they start to fog, they are clear in a minute or less. 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I put the cold weather liner in mine last winter when it was in the negatives. Didn’t have any issue after that but yeah, it was a little chilly before that. 

Also, I will say that I am a sweat box so I can’t wear anything like a SD modular. They are waaaaaay too warm. I would sweat in the BVS2 I had even way down into the negative. I do still have a full face HJC snow helmet sitting around but it’s so hot and heavy that I can’t wear it anymore. I wanted to try one of the 509 dual sport looking jobs this year but that’s not happening. 

If you want to talk about a helmet not being able to take a hit, look no further than ANY modular helmet. I’ve seen them shatter from the smallest of impacts. My brother in law was wearing a SD modular when he was killed. Granted his head did make a glancing impact with the tree he hit but there wasn’t a piece of his helmet any bigger than the size of my hand left over. That helmet literally exploded. I cringe when I see anyone wearing any kind of modular helmet now. 

Lol when I say come apart you are littersly wearing Styrofoam and a chin strap lol the glass 1 time I saw busted in to many chunks in the snow the other busted in 1/2 in the snow . Funny after the fact picturing your dazed buddy stumbling around with just a tore up linner strapped to his head lol