Boring Topic of the Day: Polaris Matryx Tunnel Bag

Ziemann

OK you Polaris bastards. In the name of creating new content here at FS, I have a simple question. 

I have on order a new Matryx XC 650 129. How much space is there between the seat and the tail light for mounting a tunnel bag? Would the OLD style soft Burandt tunnel bag fit?  

I went to Hay Days this past weekend and was not overly impressed with the new tunnel bag options offered by Polaris- they are WAY overkill for my needs. I just want a bag. I really don't think I need one of those new molded bags that are currently being offered. Even though I am spending a fortune on a new sled again, I am being cheap. I think the new tunnel bags are way over priced, and even look a bit dorky. I get that they are functional, but I'd prefer not having that style of bag, that is damn expensive, and way too easy to steal. 

Even the Linq bags are that way. And by the time I buy the adapter and Linq bag, woof..... that's a ton of money for some place to carry my spare oil and back up clothing. I really don't need to remove the bag from my sled, and don't carry all that much with me when I ride. Even on a saddle bag trip, I carry only a couple of days worth of light wicking clothes and toiletries. That's it. 

I think I'd be more than happy with something like the Skinz bags, or the old Burandt soft tunnel bag (with the hidden back pack straps). Anyone have any feedback or suggestions? 

946c4f21a8833103a51225424e42c6da.jpg

Edited by Ziemann

I still have my, new-in-the-box (NIB) tunnel bag that I was going to use on my 2019 XC ... but never did.  We don't ride a lot where a bag is necessary, but I needed one in case we do our ride from home (SE Minn) to the cabin in NW Wisc.  This is the one I've got - and it would work fine for that type of trip but I wouldn't keep it on my sled for my normal day-to-day riding.  I do tend to agree with ya @Ziemann ... they're a bit overkill and kind of dorky looking.  

image.png.7dcbcbddf43aefa5646af629d3c5b05a.png

• Like 1

Agree that regardless of brand, all bags look like crap. The  Matrix does have  a storage spot under the seat. One qt of oil will fit. You could use  4 carriage bolts in the T slot, with a L bracket, with holes, a small rubber pad under it to save the tunnel paint, bolted down. Then use a motorcycle stretch cargo net over a duffle bag. Way cheaper and no uglier than the expensive  tunnel bags.

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I’m moving my sled solution bag from my RMK to the matrix. How are guys mounting them with out drilling holes?

Get a hold of Paul (Sled Solutions). He can point you in the right direction. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

isn't there under seat storage?  enough room for a quart of oil and a bug-out kit?  

just don't become one of those douche nozzles with a backpack and avalanche shovels... on a groomed trail. 

I will 100% carry my shovel on my trail sled and not think twice because I have a good way of storing it. 

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I will 100% carry my shovel on my trail sled and not think twice because I have a good way of storing it. 

if you've never walked into a bar wearing a backpack with a shovel in it - I'll let it slide.

yes, I've seen this happen.  still laughing about it right now.

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if you've never walked into a bar wearing a backpack with a shovel in it - I'll let it slide.

yes, I've seen this happen.  still laughing about it right now.

You’ll let it slide. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.  :lol:

• Haha 1