2022 Snowcheck Poll

Who's got a 2022 coming  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a snowcheck coming (hopefully it shows up)?

• New Cat coming
    • New Polaris coming
    • New SkiDoo coming
    • New Yamaha coming
    • New "Other" brand - Lynx, Taiga, Custom Built

Curious how many on this site are into the sport enough to have placed an order for a 2022 ... or are we full of more political hacks than sledders around here? :lol2:

Edited by Bontz
  • Haha 1

It would be interesting to see how the theory is if you order the sled early you get the sled early. I know my dealer put the order in the day I ordered.  I don't buy into that as my sleds have come in all over the place.  I ordered the 2022 sled March 8th.  Last year ordered 2021 sled March 18th and had it home November 17th which is a couple days after my dealer recieved it.

Edited by Doug

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't see myself buying another new sled again.  Bummer.  Back to current events section... 

I've been one of those every other year, maybe every third year type of guys.  It was always easy to justify when it was only a few grand to upgrade, but now it's getting to be stupid.  Add to that, now that I've got a kid in college, and my next one is a few years away from the same ... this 650 might be the last new sled I buy for a while (as long as it lives up to the hype).  The problem is, waiting too long to buy new sucks because a guy gets stuck paying closer to full price for the new one.  I've never been a huge fan of buying used sleds because I really don't trust people ... but I wouldn't be opposed to a new, non-current purchase.

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

I've been one of those every other year, maybe every third year type of guys.  It was always easy to justify when it was only a few grand to upgrade, but now it's getting to be stupid.  Add to that, now that I've got a kid in college, and my next one is a few years away from the same ... this 650 might be the last new sled I buy for a while (as long as it lives up to the hype).  The problem is, waiting too long to buy new sucks because a guy gets stuck paying closer to full price for the new one.  I've never been a huge fan of buying used sleds because I really don't trust people ... but I wouldn't be opposed to a new, non-current purchase.

Yeah that's true about if you are constantly trading in, the trade up isn't horrible.  But I'd still lose a ton on all the accessories or mods or whatever else and it is still higher stakes and I think I'd feel pressure to always have to be riding.  If I had friends with new sleds it might be different too.  Not to get into pissing matches but that is a nice thing about Suzuki motors, you don't have to worry too much.  But I probably wouldn't ever buy a used procross just because I'm still not sold on it in terms of reliability in the long run.  Maybe a 6000RS.

But ultimately buying new sleds isn't in the cards when I'm trying to work much less and live smaller.  I can still have fun with old iron in those ways and even make a little money some times.

I've been on the every year lately and sometimes it was 2 in a year if the wife got one.  I normally put on between 3000 to 4000 miles per year so a 2 year old sled for me would be as much as 8000 miles.  Resale was a killer with that many miles.  My wife doesn't ride as much now so passed my last 2 sleds to her.  She may put on 1000 miles so that helps put the mileage back inline and helps with the resale.

This is my first Polaris spring check in years. I've had 29 new Cats, but couldn't justify one this year for obvious reasons. My last Polaris was a Fusion 700...... Yeah, that one.....

My days of ordering In the spring are probably over as well. 

Last year was my first ever brand new sled.  I usually try to find low mile spring deals, but this last year wasn't good for those, and I already have 3.  However, putting between 4000-6000+ miles per season is going to eat into those three with 3320, 8400, and 5400 already on their clocks.  Oh well.  I'm sure if I REALLY need another, I'll find one somewhere.  I mean, there were over 900 left overs last year, just may be a bit of a drive to get what I want.

15 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

This is my first Polaris spring check in years. I've had 29 new Cats, but couldn't justify one this year for obvious reasons. My last Polaris was a Fusion 700...... Yeah, that one.....

My days of ordering In the spring are probably over as well. 

Ya I also had a 700 Fusion......

How'd that go for ya?

At one time, I used to be able to trade up for a new sled for $1500.00 each year. Unfortunately, I took a bath on that 700 Fusion and that soured me on Polaris until now.

I had great luck with the ZR chassis, Barney, and ProCross. But this spring, given Cats lack of innovation and anything special for their 60th Anniversary pissed me off. The price on a new ZR6000 was within a few hundred $$ of a new Polaris 650. 

Hopefully, Polaris delivers. 

35 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

How'd that go for ya?

At one time, I used to be able to trade up for a new sled for $1500.00 each year. Unfortunately, I took a bath on that 700 Fusion and that soured me on Polaris until now.

I had great luck with the ZR chassis, Barney, and ProCross. But this spring, given Cats lack of innovation and anything special for their 60th Anniversary pissed me off. The price on a new ZR6000 was within a few hundred $$ of a new Polaris 650. 

Hopefully, Polaris delivers. 

That was a one year sled for sure.  I think you'll be good with the 650.  Couple guys I ride with bought 650's for this year. On our last ride we took a demo up and unless your on a lot of lakes or long straight forest roads I'd have no problem owning one.

I'm a trail guy, and Cats 600 was perfect for me, so I have no doubt that I will be happy with the Polaris 650. I've never read about anyone having an issue or not being happy with the 650. My racer days are over, and my riding style has slowed considerably as I've gotten older. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't see myself buying another new sled again.  Bummer.  Back to current events section... 

There's two of us keeping the old junk going.  :lol:

Carver got my CC today for revalve and upgrade of rezzys shocks for the 500, Speedwerx got me for a clutch spring for the 720 and Venom will probably be getting a call next week for a helix.  Tip of the iceberg, but I seem good at keeping the parts suppliers in business.

That said, waiting to see where Cat goes or have a line to possibly get a Poo Cross County for 2023

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:50 PM, Ziemann said:

I'm a trail guy, and Cats 600 was perfect for me, so I have no doubt that I will be happy with the Polaris 650. I've never read about anyone having an issue or not being happy with the 650. My racer days are over, and my riding style has slowed considerably as I've gotten older. 

There’s only a few spots where it’d be nice not to have to worry about burn down by pinching it too long but yeah, the 600 plays a nice trail shredder for sure.  

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There’s only a few spots where it’d be nice not to have to worry about burn down by pinching it too long but yeah, the 600 plays a nice trail shredder for sure.  

440/500/600's are kids/girls sleds in case you haven't heard

just ask anyone that's purchased an 800/840/850 in the past decade

yet Poo 650's are selling well?

odd... :lol:

Where I ride an 800 is only needed if you're into racing other 800's on the pond.  For trail riding and ripping, the small bores are every bit as quick if not more, and more fun.  I think once people go 800 they get in a mindset where they think the small bores aren't fast enough for them or something, they're missing out in my opinion.  They may support a less aggressive riding style while still being able to zip along?   Other trail systems and snow conditions it may be different like if you have alot of loose and churned up snow it might be different.  I normally ride trails that are pretty setup and fast.  

Bigger torque is kind of fun in its own way but for my style I like the small bore but to each their own.  But I still think some people are missing out by skipping over the smaller engines.

• Like 1