Schools/Covid/death

Phenom

38 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The union can not release personal private medical information.. do you have a link?

I date a teacher and I showed her this, she laughed and said no way the teachers union would ever release any personal information about a teacher or student.. Especially medical info and cause of death, she asked me to send her the link she wanted to show it to her union rep at her school, so find that for me if you could please..

I certainly wouldn't go with NBC as a reliable source,..I'd go with the Mayo clinic!!

Sadly, I was not on the email/phone call with NBC6 and Sonia Diaz. But, since they used her name, she will certainly be able to sue them if untrue. And the union rep didn't release personal private medical information. Kind of like when hospitals report of covid cases, it's not personal information. 

"Sonia Diaz, a spokesperson for several unions in the school district, confirmed the number of deaths to NBC 6."

And yes, like Mayo that you're researching into for bias. 

Just now, akvanden said:

Sadly, I was not on the email/phone call with NBC6 and Sonia Diaz. But, since they used her name, she will certainly be able to sue them if untrue. And the union rep didn't release personal private medical information. Kind of like when hospitals report of covid cases, it's not personal information. 

"Sonia Diaz, a spokesperson for several unions in the school district, confirmed the number of deaths to NBC 6."

And yes, like Mayo that you're researching into for bias. 

God knows we can trust union talking heads.... :lol:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

They've really cleaned up the news, I had been trying to find the original NPR article, where they reported all were African American and unvaccinated. They also stated all had contracted Covid and died before school started on August 23rd, this is the closest to the original NPR article that I could find.

https://www.kcbx.org/post/least-13-miami-dade-school-workers-have-died-covid-19-less-month#stream/0 

An uncertain start to the school year

Carvalho said that among the 13 deaths, the majority of people contracted COVID-19 and died before the beginning of the school year. One person had direct contact with students, he said.

Behold, the holy grail of MSM.

"According to the president of United Teachers of Dade, Karla Hernandez-Mats, all of those who died were African American and unvaccinated."

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/08/1035157226/miami-covid-19-deaths-schools-district

Edited by akvanden

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

And as it states they contracted Covid and died before the school year started, but I was trying to find the article that also stated they've had no further serious cases since the school year started. It would also be interesting to know if they had other health issues and how all 13 that contracted Covid became infected before the school year even started, it had to be at least a month before they would have even been working.

2 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

And as it states they contracted Covid and died before the school year started, but I was trying to find the article that also stated they've had no further serious cases since the school year started. It would also be interesting to know if they had other health issues and how all 13 that contracted Covid became infected before the school year even started, it had to be at least a month before they would have even been working.

Oh bummer, they died before school started. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, akvanden said:

People die every day and actually have for centuries, I know it's a shocker,  Possible these people lived an unhealthy life style or had underlying conditions?? Like the majority of the people promoting this fear

27 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Correct, and if you just google the story you'll find the press is trying to link it to Desantis not allowing mask mandates in school, so if school hasn't started how is not mandating masks responsible for their deaths, I had this conversation with an uber liberal when I mentioned it was interesting Biden mandated vaccines right after the peak of this wave, and wondered if it was so he could say after his mandate covid cases went way down, when it already started trending that way.

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

People die every day and actually have for centuries, I know it's a shocker,  Possible these people lived an unhealthy life style or had underlying conditions?? Like the majority of the people promoting this fear

That's comforting to know, but maybe they should have been vaccinated and maybe they wouldn't have died.

Who knows though, people die all the time.

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

That's comforting to know, but maybe they should have been vaccinated and maybe they wouldn't have died.

Who knows though, people die all the time.

Yeah, maybe!! 

20 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Correct, and if you just google the story you'll find the press is trying to link it to Desantis not allowing mask mandates in school, so if school hasn't started how is not mandating masks responsible for their deaths, I had this conversation with an uber liberal when I mentioned it was interesting Biden mandated vaccines right after the peak of this wave, and wondered if it was so he could say after his mandate covid cases went way down, when it already started trending that way.

Actually, the press is reporting on how Miami-Dade and other schools are defying Desantis and enforcing mask mandates anyways.

"Miami-Dade, Broward Schools Maintain Mask Mandate, Despite Court Ruling That Sided With Gov. DeSantis Ban On Them."

But you did mention "I was trying to find the article that also stated they've had no further serious cases since the school year started." Maybe we could theorize about that. :pc:

Edited by akvanden

Screen-Shot-2021-08-25-at-1_37.54-PM.thumb.png.2c7cd3f115d687d9b9d9a6bba4bf6116.png

I don't know how deep you want to dig into it, but since classes started on August 23rd they've had 4 staff test positive with Covid and no students, in fact for the whole month of August only one student has tested positive for covid, for a school that size it's nothing. and that's only testing positive not hospitalizations.

Edited by airflite1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, akvanden said:

There wasn’t any misinformation. The school didn’t release/confirm information , it was confirmed through the local union representative.

So anyways, back to my question that you’ll most likely dodge again. If 15 actually did die, what would be your source of trusted information on that?

No idea what the local union is doing but my guess is they are wanting to tow the line and want all other to tow it with them. So anything a union rep has to say should be taken with less than a grain of salt 

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-25-at-1_37.54-PM.thumb.png.2c7cd3f115d687d9b9d9a6bba4bf6116.png

I don't know how deep you want to dig into it, but since classes started on August 23rd they've had 4 staff test positive with Covid and no students, in fact for the whole month of August only one student has tested positive for covid, for a school that size it's nothing. and that's only testing positive not hospitalizations.

So again I say union rep should be listened to knowing the union has a agenda 

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus guys….it’s the much stronger faster spreading variants that have been infecting kids. Why is that? Mmmmmmm MAYBE BECAUSE MORONS WOULDN'T GET VACCINATED MONTHS AGO!

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Why do viruses mutate?

So what happens when it mutates again and the current vaccine isn't the mutation that is floating around?

54 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

So what happens when it mutates again and the current vaccine isn't the mutation that is floating around?

Just like they did for the Covid 19 virus. They extract the dna from the virus spikes, they are the attachment point for the virus to our cells, and the mRNA protein is developed to attack those spikes and render the virus cysts Impotent. The big length of time to the release of the new vaccine is the testing stages required by the government. 

If I'm not mistaken, it only takes 2 days to develop the covid vaccine. It  is done by computer. 

Yes, it is the testing that takes years, but in this case they waived some of the testing protocals. 

7 hours ago, Phenom said:

Just like they did for the Covid 19 virus. They extract the dna from the virus spikes, they are the attachment point for the virus to our cells, and the mRNA protein is developed to attack those spikes and render the virus cysts Impotent. The big length of time to the release of the new vaccine is the testing stages required by the government. 

Any idea when it stops mutating?? Like how many different versions of the  vaccine and shots are you going to have to get? Aren't we up to 3 muts in the past 6mo?

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Any idea when it stops mutating?? Like how many different versions of the  vaccine and shots are you going to have to get? Aren't we up to 3 muts in the past 6mo?

Could be multitudes into infinium…I think I made that last word up, alert Webster’s. At the end of the day it all boils down to a cost benefit analysis. I for one will gladly tolerate the occasional jab to stay off a ventilator. I was on one for only a few hours after heart surgery 10 years ago. It was like living hell. 

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Could be multitudes into infinium…I think I made that last word up, alert Webster’s. At the end of the day it all boils down to a cost benefit analysis. I for one will gladly tolerate the occasional jab to stay off a ventilator. I was on one for only a few hours after heart surgery 10 years ago. It was like living hell. 

You have health issues??

28 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You have health issues??

First 50 years were hard and fast. I thought I was invincible and would live forever…now I’m paying for it, but wouldn’t have given up a single minute of it, still smiling ear to ear. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phenom said:

First 50 years were hard and fast. I thought I was invincible and would live forever…now I’m paying for it, but wouldn’t have given up a single minute of it, still smiling ear to ear. 

How old are you if you don't mind me asking