Who's the first one Aaron Rodgers throws under the bus.

Doug

Normally don't even watch the Packers.  Nothing going on tonight and with all the drama during the off season with the drama queen Aaron Rodgers I'll watch it.  So who's going to be the first one of the season that Aaron Rodgers throws under the bus?

Yeah, the lead up to the season was how unstoppable this offense was going to be ... LOL  The Saints looked like they picked right up where the Bucs let off in humiliating the Packers on both sides of the ball.  One game doesn't make an entire season, but scoring only 3 points?  Not a good sign.

Wow just Wow.

A new Aaron Rodgers excuse.  The one interception was not his fault because........Two Saints hit him in the nuts on the play at the same time........🤣

Now that takes some balls.  I wonder if Danica gave them back.😄

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why bother watching when there's billionaires in a space race.

Especially when a person can spend their Sunday afternoons tailing a UTV and getting pissed when they turn off the road & almost run into them.  That's way more entertaining!! :lol:

• Haha 1

There were more than a few fans last season that thought Rodgers was already done even though they wound up putting together a lot of wins.  They hardly dominated and scored just enough points to win the game.  Sure that is all that matters but Rodgers hardly looked his best last season and I think he should have just retired and moved on to hosting a TV game show.  He put far more effort into that than he did preparing for this season.

9 minutes ago, jdsky said:

There were more than a few fans last season that thought Rodgers was already done even though they wound up putting together a lot of wins.  They hardly dominated and scored just enough points to win the game.  Sure that is all that matters but Rodgers hardly looked his best last season and I think he should have just retired and moved on to hosting a TV game show.  He put far more effort into that than he did preparing for this season.

I'm not a huge Rodgers fan, but I admit I cheer for the Packers (but not a "homer" type fan ... they can depress a fan as much as any team).  That said, on the bold, he did win the MVP last year so he had to have looked pretty decent?  Right?

34 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Especially when a person can spend their Sunday afternoons tailing a UTV and getting pissed when they turn off the road & almost run into them.  That's way more entertaining!! :lol:

Where you going to be on Sunday Bontzy?  I need a new front bumper.

38 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'm not a huge Rodgers fan, but I admit I cheer for the Packers (but not a "homer" type fan ... they can depress a fan as much as any team).  That said, on the bold, he did win the MVP last year so he had to have looked pretty decent?  Right?

He did look good last season and perhaps he did deserve to be MVP but I'm not sure he was better than Brady when looking at the overall season and outcomes and I am not a Brady fan at all.  The formula for last season went like this.  Score three or more touchdowns in the first half and look really good.  Offense takes the second half off and hope the prevent defense can hold up.  Win by a field goal or a miraculous touchdown in the last seconds of the game.  Yes, wins are wins and they matter but when it really counted in the 4th quarter of the championship game Brady delivered and Rodgers did not.

Personally I think Rodgers has been an excellent QB for Green Bay and has had a spectacular career.  He's done a lot to solidify the team as winners and champions in the league.    

You summed up last season's "pattern" pretty well @jdsky ... I agree with ya.  As far as Rodgers goes, skill wise he's been an excellent QB for the Packers but his leadership absolutely sucks.  He doesn't carry himself the way a leader does, especially when they're not playing well.  He's a HOF'er for sure, but the way his body language speaks when they're getting their asses kicked always stands out (to me).  Up until last year's NFC Championship game, I've blamed the defense for not getting back to the Super Bowl (and I'm not giving them a free pass on last year's game either - but they DID force Brady into multiple INT's).  Rodgers couldn't take advantage of that, when given the opportunity.  I know people will say, "Hey, it's hard to have success when the O-line can't protect you!" and I get that ... but the fact is, they DID have some success that game - just not when it really counted.

Pretty sure this is the last go-round for #12 in a Packers uniform ... it'll be interesting to see how it all ends up, come January.

• Like 1

I'm not defending A-Aron, clearly he's a cunt, but wtf is the fanbase going to do when he's gone? The Pack will be fighting to finish .500 every year, or worse, be like the Lions.....

Remember 3 years ago when he had a down year? Yeah, he had a woman that year too.....

The Packers have had the luxury of 30+ years with a HOF quarterback at the helm ... what was it, 1991 when Favre began his run?  I don't think they'll fall to the level of DETROILET's yearly woes ... but they will certainly be mediocre at best if they can't groom another high level QB.

2 hours ago, Legend said:

I'm not defending A-Aron, clearly he's a cunt, but wtf is the fanbase going to do when he's gone? The Pack will be fighting to finish .500 every year, or worse, be like the Lions.....

Remember 3 years ago when he had a down year? Yeah, he had a woman that year too.....

The fans will be ok even if it takes some time.  Aaron may not like the management in the head office but they have managed to do quite well over the past three decades and that's not only because of two HOF QB's.  They have managed to put together the entire package and bring home championships.  That takes an entire organization to do that. 

Who knows when or if Green Bay will have another HOF QB at the helm but I give the organization and the current coaching staff a pretty good chance of finding one at some point.  There are other teams in the league that cannot seem to even identify that potential talent let alone develop it when they finally do have it and build a team around it.  You mention the Lions and they are the perfect example of having a stellar talent and QB for many seasons and doing absolutely nothing with it.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My daughter goes to NMU and she a friend from work are going to Lambeau for MNF…I really hope The Lions take ‘em down!🤣👍🏼

I have season tickets, my oldest son and his gf are going to the Monday night game. I don't know what to think after that embarrassment last weekend but my gut says the Pack won't let that happen again, especially against the Lions at home. :lmao: 

4 hours ago, Legend said:

Well, when Favre and Rodgers both came to Green Bay they were not the greatest qb's, they were developed by the coaches, the org. and there own will to be better. The Packer org. treats their players very well and there's plenty of player testimonials to back that up. The bold is pure BS but it's your opinion and you're entitled to it but the 70's and 80's Packers are pretty much history.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I have season tickets, my oldest son and his gf are going to the Monday night game. I don't know what to think after that embarrassment last weekend but my gut says the Pack won't let that happen again, especially against the Lions at home. :lmao: 

Well, when Favre and Rodgers both came to Green Bay they were not the greatest qb's, they were developed by the coaches, the org. and there own will to be better. The Packer org. treats their players very well and there's plenty of player testimonials to back that up. The bold is pure BS but it's your opinion and you're entitled to it but the 70's and 80's Packers are pretty much history.

The Lions are getting 10.5 points…thinking the Packers will cover.🤣
Although they do seem to have a new attitude and culture since they hired Dan Campbell…they were down 38-10 at the half and made a game of it last week.👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks