Cross Country 2022

This type of CC would be very appealing to me.  Lutsen ran something like this a while back.  If this is what Duluth will put on, I’ll prolly partake.  It’s close to how we ride (less turns on track) but without all those pesky trees trying to kill you!

• Like 1

I should probably get some kind of 600 sled so I can partake in these shitshows if they ever happen.

Does anyone know if anyone has tried to run an xc race on trails?  I think that's would get people out all the johnny hibberts.

We do that with enduros on bikes.  The promoting club applies for the event with DNR and the public trails are closed that day.  I would think the race promoter could work with the club and give some $ proceeds back for their help and for destroying their trails.  Although maybe it'd be an issue for trails that cross private property.

Edited by mnstang

32 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I should probably get some kind of 600 sled so I can partake in these shitshows if they ever happen.

Does anyone know if anyone has tried to run an xc race on trails?  I think that's would get people out all the johnny hibberts.

We do that with enduros on bikes.  The promoting club applies for the event with DNR and the public trails are closed that day.  I would think the race promoter could work with the club and give some $ proceeds back for their help and for destroying their trails.  Although maybe it'd be an issue for trails that cross private property.

Are you thinking like the I 500 race that used to start in Winnipeg and finished in St Paul.  I think the starting location and direction changed up over the years,but it was 3 day race on the trails, I remember the signs on the North Shore trail after one of the races.

The Park Rapids race runs on some trails snow permitting, GG500 runs some trails also along with ditches and rivers. Has to be a nightmare to try and schedule something like that and get permission, permits and then hope there is enough snow!

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

It’s be more interesting on a trail system.  I have no interest in watching or running ditches and lakes.  I think the ski slopes offer a chance to cut a nice course that will advance the viewership.

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not a fan of the color but dayam nice!  I notice a familiar sticker on his shocks.  And people ask if Mike is good.  Pffft.

Look at those fucking ape hangers!  Phuck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Not a fan of the color but dayam nice!  I notice a familiar sticker on his shocks.  And people ask if Mike is good.  Pffft.

Look at those fucking ape hangers!  Phuck!

I just installed a pair of those 'stickers' yesterday.  ;)

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The fighter pilot firecats were cool but it doesn't work on that herf sled with all that neon green.  His sled last year looked cool

He's done some creative and interesting graphics on his race sleds and most give a nod to classic Arctic Cat models.  The joker was cool, but the Patriot was my favorite thus far. 

https://www.facebook.com/CountryCatInc/photos/here-is-the-2018-arctic-cat-zr-6000-r-xc-snowmobile-that-zach-herfindahl-will-be/10155028397791262/

If he retires from racing I hope he gets a job in the Cat graphics department, lord knows they could use his help.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He's done some creative and interesting graphics on his race sleds and most give a nod to classic Arctic Cat models.  The joker was cool, but the Patriot was my favorite thus far. 

https://www.facebook.com/CountryCatInc/photos/here-is-the-2018-arctic-cat-zr-6000-r-xc-snowmobile-that-zach-herfindahl-will-be/10155028397791262/

If he retires from racing I hope he gets a job in the Cat graphics department, lord knows they could use his help.

Yeah, I’ve seen some cools setups but, Inlike things less “busy” and simple styling.  Personally, the 2021 and 2022 Cat race sleds look good as they sit to me.  

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ve seen some cools setups but, Inlike things less “busy” and simple styling.  Personally, the 2021 and 2022 Cat race sleds look good as they sit to me.  

I wouldn't want a 2012 - but the 50th Anniversary Editions looked simple and wonderful. 

20110309080936.jpg 

roots styling https://www.arcticinsider.com/readers-ride-pair-of-tigres/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Rock Maple racing used to do some races on trails out this way. Now the only one left in NY is at a motocross track but is a full blown “cross country track” that they make which may include a couple sections of the local trails. I however went on to pre register for it this year just to see how slow I really ride and Rock maple racing website is gone and they haven’t had a Facebook post in like 10 months.

11 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Rock Maple racing used to do some races on trails out this way. Now the only one left in NY is at a motocross track but is a full blown “cross country track” that they make which may include a couple sections of the local trails. I however went on to pre register for it this year just to see how slow I really ride and Rock maple racing website is gone and they haven’t had a Facebook post in like 10 months.

Follow this group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/224708605728169

There was a group out in Colorado that was putting on XC style racing too.  We were going to head out and do one only to find the same thing.  I think they maybe lasted 2 years.  

On 12/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Zambroski said:

It’s be more interesting on a trail system.  I have no interest in watching or running ditches and lakes.  I think the ski slopes offer a chance to cut a nice course that will advance the viewership.

When they ran the Winnipeg to Wilmar race a few years ago, the track was using the trails. I was up in trf while it was going on calling on customers. Never saw any of the racers as they were all pretty much done by mid day. A lot faster than I thought. I headed up near the boarder before they had crossed and was headed back down to trf just behind them. 

22 hours ago, Not greg b said:

When they ran the Winnipeg to Wilmar race a few years ago, the track was using the trails. I was up in trf while it was going on calling on customers. Never saw any of the racers as they were all pretty much done by mid day. A lot faster than I thought. I headed up near the boarder before they had crossed and was headed back down to trf just behind them. 

Yeah, “ditch racing”.  I’m not saying it’s easy, I’m just saying it’s boring for spectators.  Nobody really cares about it.  Put together a winding course and find ways to live stream.

The Red Bull Boundaries was actually a pretty cool idea combining xc and sx.  Not sure why that all fell apart.  Too many fucking racers entering?  Holy crap.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, “ditch racing”.  I’m not saying it’s easy, I’m just saying it’s boring for spectators.  Nobody really cares about it.  Put together a winding course and find ways to live stream.

The Red Bull Boundaries was actually a pretty cool idea combining xc and sx.  Not sure why that all fell apart.  Too many fucking racers entering?  Holy crap.

I wish they would bring that back. The part is finding a place that can hold an event like that. Cc is also impossible thing for spectators. To spread out. The gd soo is about the closest thing you will get to an xc race and can actually watch them the entire time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I wish they would bring that back. The part is finding a place that can hold an event like that. Cc is also impossible thing for spectators. To spread out. The gd soo is about the closest thing you will get to an xc race and can actually watch them the entire time. 

They need to start using drones and choppers to video/live stream the race like they do with baja and other desert racing. 

20 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

They need to start using drones and choppers to video/live stream the race like they do with baja and other desert racing. 

They don’t have the budget Baja and desert racing does to support that. Drones maybe. I am guessing a chopper all set up for that would be at least 2,000 bucks an hour.