Cross Country 2022

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Unless you ride full out through the roughest Saturday afternoon trails i guarantee the suspension isn't perfect. I'm guessing you're 1 of the people that thinks it's "perfect" when your suspension never bottoms out

Pretty sure he'd say the suspension is perfect if he owned a leaf spring suspension.  As long as it says Cat on the side, it's all good!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Pretty sure he'd say the suspension is perfect if he owned a leaf spring suspension.  As long as it says Cat on the side, it's all good!! 

I've been on cat my whole life, and this sled finally performs like it should've from the factory. It was extremely disappointing when i got it. It only took a different track, skis, seat, bar riser, handlebars, pipe, tune, clutching, suspension setup, and gauge to get it to be "good". For an 800 it ran like a decent running 600 out of the box 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Unless you ride full out through the roughest Saturday afternoon trails i guarantee the suspension isn't perfect. I'm guessing you're 1 of the people that thinks it's "perfect" when your suspension never bottoms out

Even on my 20 on the stiff setting, I would get it to bottom out on the big hits. Not often but it would bottom out. Springs set in the middle setting. Never messed with the front rear shock as it cornered well without any ski lift. 

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Even on my 20 on the stiff setting, I would get it to bottom out on the big hits. Not often but it would bottom out. Springs set in the middle setting. Never messed with the front rear shock as it cornered well without any ski lift. 

On your new sled you'll probly turn everything to 1 and leave it. 

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

On your new sled you'll probly turn everything to 1 and leave it. 

Front shock will be at 2. Ski's will start at 1 with rebound set at 12. Rear shock will start at 1 with rebound again set at 12 for starters. 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Tough to do when the sled is not at the dealer yet and my 2018 is already stored for the season. Did all the post season stuff to it already. Changed the chain case oil, greased as well. Shocks will be rebuilt in the fall. Front rear took in some moisture as it froze up on me one weekend and the ski shocks were leaking a bit of oil on the cold days. 

Your Cat that never breaks... broke

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

That is because your are fat and using the wrong springs.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Front shock will be at 2. Ski's will start at 1 with rebound set at 12. Rear shock will start at 1 with rebound again set at 12 for starters. 

Which shows you they are the wrong shocks.  Hard to get softer than one meaning they are no longer adjustable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Boy, I drank a lot last night.  😆

Offer still stands. ;)

I can't even get him to go on a friendly ride on a borrowed sled. He's too big of a pussy to do a race with you

26 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am no where near your area so that is why I will not be riding with you. Same for CR. 

The only reason you won't ride with anyone on here is that you are way to big of a pussy to back up any of your bullshit

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, krom said:

The only reason you won't ride with anyone on here is that you are way to big of a pussy to back up any of your bullshit

Bullshit? That is what this site is all about! Don't take anything on here to serious there Krommer. You might hurt yourself. 

18 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I used the heaviest degreaser I have found and acetone on mine that I only got to put 300 miles on this winter and the backs of the side panels still aren’t clean. They look good but boy do they suck to keep looking good. The black panels on the new RXC will remedy that issue though.

I have used VLR or Simple Green and scrub at it with a magic eraser pad.  Works pretty decent, but damn, constantly if you want to keep it looking nice.  

18 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Hmmmm light spring rate, custom valved shocks, lower ride height....it could be an awesome trail sled for the smooth days

I keep the LXR around because it has a bunch of miles, is reliable, and comfortable.  It is a pretty good sled for just getting out and going.

41 minutes ago, sno_mo_racer said:

Your sled doesn’t have the hose clamp on handle bar that’s why. 🤣

What the Fuck? 1995 again? Guessing you missed your piss test and are in a lot of trouble but nice to live the old life, I suppose?

On 3/29/2022 at 8:22 AM, ZR6000RR said:

You have thing set up like a pogo stick?? 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone else seeing the couple posts on the Facebook about something that happened at a hillclimb in Vermont today? 

Rock the Hills is the organizer, for those curious.  

A grienf of mine was a close friend of his and built and raced sleds with that crew. I met him a few times when I used to race my buddies mod stock turbo. Really nice guy and they built some badass sleds. Sad situation and definitely some sort of crazy freak accident.

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone else seeing the couple posts on the Facebook about something that happened at a hillclimb in Vermont today? 

Rock the Hills is the organizer, for those curious.  

That's weird, what I read he was coming back down the hill when it happened.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Congratulations to Zach Herfindahl 

But he is on a 20 year old chassis.  How is this possible in the times of Polaris money is no object lifestyle? Must have some bad Engineers and terrible marketing on bringing in the best.:frech: