Cross Country 2022

Just now, Not greg b said:

They don’t have the budget Baja and desert racing does to support that. Drones maybe. I am guessing a chopper all set up for that would be at least 2,000 bucks an hour. 

Yeah it would be expensive for sure, but would probably bring more interest/money to the sport. Drones i think would be the way to go. The cc fans are pretty die hard and like to chase the racers through the ditch, but they need a way to attract new

people. 

39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, “ditch racing”.  I’m not saying it’s easy, I’m just saying it’s boring for spectators.  Nobody really cares about it.  Put together a winding course and find ways to live stream.

The Red Bull Boundaries was actually a pretty cool idea combining xc and sx.  Not sure why that all fell apart.  Too many fucking racers entering?  Holy crap.

Everyone who trail rides should, as more tech and advancements come from XC that get passed along to the consumer than other disciplines, imo.  

Maybe this Flo tv doing the SX races for a fee wants to take a swing at cross country.  

The Red Bull race at Erx is what the sport needs more of.  We even have a RB snow boundaries veteran here on staff at FS.

33 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I wish they would bring that back. The part is finding a place that can hold an event like that. Cc is also impossible thing for spectators. To spread out. The gd soo is about the closest thing you will get to an xc race and can actually watch them the entire time. 

They should build a oval track with 1/2 SX and the other 1/2 Enduro.  No plowing or grooming, 100 miles.  Toughest sled and mf'r ftw.  I'd rent a box seat for that shit show.

fafd2712-6c23-4faf-a5c4-31b6f6fc50c9.jpg

Pine Lake Postponed

This announcement does not come easy but after many discussions with ISR, manufacturers, and reviewing COVID protocols we are having to postpone this weekends event scheduled for Pine Lake, a number key crew have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive for Covid-19.

We as well as everyone else are anxious to get back to racing but ultimately we have to work with many state agencies for permits and approval for not just our Pine Lake event but the other 7 races we run for a season. We have had to submit a Covid protocol with these permits and we are following the guidelines set for how we will handle this scenario, As you see many events, pro athletes, and entertainment venues being affected by Covid we knew this is the world we live in now.

We discussed with ISR our options and for the safety of our crew, racers, and fans this was the right decision to put everyone’s health first and foremost.

With that we are discussing with 5 Star Promotions possible reschedule date or potential other decisions. We are expecting a decision to come later in the day of December 30 but we WILL NOT be racing January 1-2.

Once the decision has been made we will be in contact with racers for either a refund, applied to new race date, or carried forward to another event.

Again this was not an easy decision and something we struggled with but ultimately had to weigh the risks and make a responsible decision with health and all of our futures in mind.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:thumbsup:

is there any coverage of it?

I don't think so, I have a couple friends whose kids are racing there so I get occasional updates. I'm regretting not going.

46 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I don't think so, I have a couple friends whose kids are racing there so I get occasional updates. I'm regretting not going.

there's SX and Vintage Ovals at Eagle River on Flo right now, and not a fucking thing on anywhere showing Cross Country... which I'd rather watch.  

one would think they'd figure something out with all this technology we have, but nope!  

42 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It shows him as a dnf in qualifying on the cor Facebook page. Might’ve drilled to many holes in that mod sled

maybe they forgot to update the thermostat  :lol:
there isn't anything on his facebook page

score one for Polaris I guess...