Cross Country 2022

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The entire Western side of MN is big ditch running area.  Same thing we south-central MN.

no, it's all in the trees, just like wisconsin :lol:
good butt pucker moment @ the 8:00 mark

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yet you claim not to need an 800/850?  How much of that 130hp is he really using?  :lol:

Thursdays are the best time to ride here, that's when the best fresh groom happens

ummm….Wut? 

Thurs/fri/sat grooming here depending on conditions.  Fun and fast to ride if you can get out there right away.  I rarely do though. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

ummm….Wut? 

Thurs/fri/sat grooming here depending on conditions.  Fun and fast to ride if you can get out there right away.  I rarely do though. 

those type of trails don't require a hypersled?

this one is a classic - she can ride.  @4:45 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/cross-country-carrie-longley-showing-how-its-done-in-alaska-xc/

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.arcticinsider.com/cross-country-carrie-longley-showing-how-its-done-in-alaska-xc/

No, you want speed on those trails, learn to love being an active rider. All the hp in the world isn’t gonna make you faster there.

I don’t care for lake racing same as I don’t care to ride at night.  Correcting after the fact sucks vs. being prepared for what is coming up.  We took off a couple of years ago from a sled show and grabbed a handful in poor vision conditions. I saw my buddies tail light go airborne just in time for me to say, “Holy……” and brace for launch.  We cleared the double plowed fish house road and both stopped and took a second to reflect on our idiocy.  There’s a reason more sled deaths occur on and around bodies of water.  Well, two reasons I guess.  One starts at the lakeside bar.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I remember that one.  There was one coming down from Winnipeg too that rag-dolled a bunch. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd have ate shit.  Surprised my F6 survive 2 years of service.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I had a save like that in Barnesville in the field just before the pits. Must have hit a rock or a frozen dirt mound, i was so damn tired i could hardly hold onto the bars. Can't believe i didn't destroy the sled

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I remember that one.  There was one coming down from Winnipeg too that rag-dolled a bunch. 

I'd have ate shit.  Surprised my F6 survive 2 years of service.  

My f6 made it 1/2 a lap on 1st race of the year for me at grafton. Caught a log or tree branch drifting a corner on the river and flipped it. I could've parted it out right there on the riverbank lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cat45 said:

My f6 made it 1/2 a lap on 1st race of the year for me at grafton. Caught a log or tree branch drifting a corner on the river and flipped it. I could've parted it out right there on the riverbank lol

It takes a certain amount of performance flair or “panache”, if you will, to roll or cartwheel a sled.  Those that just run them into an inanimate object…pffft.  Lazy.

• Haha 1

101 on the Indy was hauling ass through the bumps. The brake whine sounded cool! 

Funny how the so called “outdated” Procross chassis was very fast in the bumps and looked like it rode better than the other brands. 

On 11/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

On 12/6/2021 at 11:05 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is everthing you guys ride out there that flat and straight??

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Works for me!  Hell, I may even partake in the old mans class!

44 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I saw that. They wanted isoc to have a race there in April too , hopefully it goes well for Todd and Crew 

I could stand to see ISOC finishing the year in Duluth. Hey, check your text in a bit.  :bc:

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

If you guys want to enter the race, I might concerned coming out of retirement and doing another cross country race in the Masters 50+.  The last racing I did was MRP and then the Northwoods Challenge.

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I could stand to see ISOC finishing the year in Duluth. Hey, check your text in a bit.  :bc:

If you guys want to enter the race, I might concerned coming out of retirement and doing another cross country race in the Masters 50+.  The last racing I did was MRP and then the Northwoods Challenge.

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

recent picture?  looking good man.  

Culvers finally paid out, eh?
:lol2:

I’ve got a tad bit straighter teeth and more hair but yeah, it’s pretty close.  I’m a handsome devil!

10 hours ago, 122 said:

A buncha guys racing around smelling of sportscream and testosterone farts…I’m in!

:lol:

It would be fun though but, still hard to set expectations with a busted up body.  None of us are what we used to be.  It’s humbling but, I wouldn’t go back and change shit!   :bc: