Cross Country 2022

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 10:47 AM, Zambroski said:

Looks like a fun ride!  This is how I view poo riders anyway.  :lol:

there's a few of them that can rip

there's not much cross country footage out there worth watching, but this puts how fast you, I or others might run compared to a Pro Class racer.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's not much cross country footage out there worth watching, but this puts how fast you, I or others might run compared to a Pro Class racer.

I skipped around but, those trails aren’t what I would like or ride.  Grabbing a handful for more than just a few seconds would result in a tree pinball operation on the trails I like.  I have seen one XC go pro vid that is pretty close to how we like to ride up here.  I’ll see if I can find it.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I skipped around but, those trails aren’t what I would like or ride.  Grabbing a handful for more than just a few seconds would result in a tree pinball operation on the trails I like.  I have seen one XC go pro vid that is pretty close to how we like to ride up here.  I’ll see if I can find it.

found it  :lol:

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

6o0;s aRe KiDs SlEdSsSsSs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&&&&&&######^!!!!!!!!!!**$$$$$$$$$$(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(((((((((((((((((@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wHy CaN]t I rAzE mY 8o0o0o0o0o0o0o0???????????!!!!!&&&&RRRRRR#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^$(@???????????

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Where Danny dropped out of the ditch at the Emmaville turn until he come back out to the ditch to the north is Alligator Alley.  It is plenty tight and twisty in there.

Park Rapids is always a fun race when there is snow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

6o0;s aRe KiDs SlEdSsSsSs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&&&&&&######^!!!!!!!!!!**$$$$$$$$$$(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(((((((((((((((((@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wHy CaN]t I rAzE mY 8o0o0o0o0o0o0o0???????????!!!!!&&&&RRRRRR#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^$(@???????????

Where Danny dropped out of the ditch at the Emmaville turn until he come back out to the ditch to the north is Alligator Alley.  It is plenty tight and twisty in there.

Park Rapids is always a fun race when there is snow.

I'd wager a good rider on a 600 would lay waste to 99% of 800/850 owners in the woods or the ditch.

On a separate note, looks like Polaris's new 600 CC revs a bit higher.

2021 - Clutching Spec: 10-64 weights, 180/320 primary spring, 155/222 secondary spring, 42-degree helix and 3211208 belt. Target RPM is 8350

2022 - Clutching Spec: 10-64 weights (stock), 165/310 primary spring (Stock), 160/240 secondary spring (stock), 42-degree helix and #3211215 belt. Target RPM is 8400 to 8500

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/team-polaris/racer-resources/  

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cool vid. Nothing like what we have hear. Ie: we really have no roadside trail longer than maybe half mile ? We are most all woods  thru hills/mtns and row our handlebars like on an elliptical ….lololol 

1 minute ago, CFM said:

Cool vid. Nothing like what we have hear. Ie: we really have no roadside trail longer than maybe half mile ? We are most all woods  thru hills/mtns and row our handlebars like on an elliptical ….lololol 

We don't have much ditch here in Wisconsin, mostly twisty windy stuff, fields and forest service roads.  Minnesota is the 'ditch' world capital of snowmobiling.

New York (I think) seems mostly like plowed roads.

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We don't have much ditch here in Wisconsin, mostly twisty windy stuff, fields and forest service roads.  Minnesota is the 'ditch' world capital of snowmobiling.

New York (I think) seems mostly like plowed roads.

Where in MN do you ride to make the blanket statement of MN being the ditch world capital of snowmobiling?  Down here in the southeast part of the state, it's fields, bluffs and valleys, and patches of woods scattered about.  North of the Cities it's comparable to northern Wisconsin with a combination of woods & rivers/lakes.  I've heard Iowa is notorious for ditch riding, but I would say MN is pretty comparable to WI from what I've ridden.

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Where in MN do you ride to make the blanket statement of MN being the ditch world capital of snowmobiling?  Down here in the southeast part of the state, it's fields, bluffs and valleys, and patches of woods scattered about.  North of the Cities it's comparable to northern Wisconsin with a combination of woods & rivers/lakes.  I've heard Iowa is notorious for ditch riding, but I would say MN is pretty comparable to WI from what I've ridden.

Yeah, IA, IL, SD and ND are the ditch banging states.  The guy I bough my RR from in 2014 was from Dubuque and that’s all I saw there were ditch trails.  Lame.

It’s all opinion. Lots hate iur central nh narrow winding trails. Too much effort zi guess. Some love it. Some hate miles on miles of railroad trails, some love it. Some love wide open wide fast wooded trails…some don’t. 

Some love Polaris. Some don’t.

Weird humans are, huh ? 
lolololol

Edited by CFM

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The entire Western side of MN is big ditch running area.  Same thing we south-central MN.

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I meant ditch racing

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

found it  :lol:

Lol…yeah, we’ve gotten pretty close and chase the flap a lot.  It’s a nice pucker! :lol:

I really want to find that one Xc video where he’s on a SP and in the woods.  It’s real close to what we do here.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Found it!  At 1:50, this reminds me of our trails (less snort tho).

good sled choice :)  similar stuff here but flat corners, double wide and groomed.  that looked more like a goat trail with little to no room to pass tbh   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good sled choice :)  similar stuff here but flat corners, double wide and groomed.  that looked more like a goat trail tbh   

Our trails vary in width.  If they can groom wide, they do but, 10-12’ is the norm.  They only stay groomed so long.  Heavy traffic up here on weekends.  Timing is everything.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Our trails vary in width.  If they can groom wide, they do but, 10-12’ is the norm.  They only stay groomed so long.  Heavy traffic up here on weekends.  Timing is everything.

Yet you claim not to need an 800/850?  How much of that 130hp is he really using?  :lol:

Thursdays are the best time to ride here, that's when the best fresh groom happens