Cross Country 2022

@Potatodigger1 Here is your race.

There are some videos on YouTube of the early I-500s.  Pretty interesting to see how they ran a race like that on sleds that hardly made a normal ride let alone a 500 mile race.  Plus no real helmets or gear to handle the elements.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

@Potatodigger1 Here is your race.

There are some videos on YouTube of the early I-500s.  Pretty interesting to see how they ran a race like that on sleds that hardly made a normal ride let alone a 500 mile race.  Plus no real helmets or gear to handle the elements.

Get that ZR shined up and let’s go! That would be a brisk pace ride!!

8 hours ago, 122 said:

Any details on the new Ski Doo XC sled?

My guess is same 2003 underperforming front end geometry, 2008 bulkhead and tunnel with new plastics and some nice KYBs that make base polaris W/E and LXR Cat shocks seem valved ready for snocross.

9 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

My guess is same 2003 underperforming front end geometry, 2008 bulkhead and tunnel with new plastics and some nice KYBs that make base polaris W/E and LXR Cat shocks seem valved ready for snocross.

And they'll show up slathered in orange paint, again.

With a tank that won't make it 65 miles.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, fortune46x said:

who the hell cares... the only race that matters is the GOD DAMN SOO!!!

My dad’s part time job is sponsoring the gds this year. I should see if I can get a pit pass. It use to be easy to get down in the pits until a sled skipped off the track and killed someone about  20 years ago. The pub 500 is actually the best race out there. That happens the Thursday before gds 

Edited by Not greg b

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:34 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Bonerlicious!  Except for the lake and ice running.  Funny thing is, and vids have been posted, put these guys in the trees and speed is reduced by half.  Frozen trees don't give much.  Summer is the best time to hit them.  LOL

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve found that one Culver’s stop is more than enough.

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

is that because you're missing part of your front end at that point?

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

It’s their trap so you can’t leave 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it doesn’t go missing….it just gets “re-engineered”.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Bonerlicious!  Except for the lake and ice running.  Funny thing is, and vids have been posted, put these guys in the trees and speed is reduced by half.  Frozen trees don't give much.  Summer is the best time to hit them.  LOL

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Ill be sure to do a whole thread on the road trip to/from trf and uncrating - along with how many culvers stops are on the way. 

zamb.jpeg.62f8a2d084d11ce6e86e4f269d44cf54.jpeg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/2022-xrs-competition-package.1602955/ 

oh my, you can't get e-start on a race sled... and other whiny DooTalk jibber-jabber 

:lmao:

The easiest ones to chase down on the trails are the XRS riders.  BNG’s coming down the trail always make me me cut my break short…..or change direction.:lol:

I did love mine though.  Prolly the only one on my system that had the shocks adjusted after they left the dealer.  

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/2022-xrs-competition-package.1602955/ 

oh my, you can't get e-start on a race sled... and other whiny DooTalk jibber-jabber 

:lmao:

Kind of asking for a lot in there when most of them will their race sled down the trail at 25mph.  But at least they'll have their quadruple adjustable rebound limiting non-rebuildable KYB shocks on their electric start sled with the 22" tv/gauge combo.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Kind of asking for a lot in there when most of them will their race sled down the trail at 25mph.  But at least they'll have their quadruple adjustable rebound limiting non-rebuildable KYB shocks on their electric start sled with the 22" tv/gauge combo.

Don’t forget the adjustable carbides.  :lol:

• Haha 1