Sweet fuck that's a bad ass car

Rigid1

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

2.9 seconds.

Your eyeballs would recede into your head with numbers like that... :lol:

Oh yeah for sure. Never been. You caught me. 

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Most definitely the auto paddle shifters are faster, but in a true drivers car I want RWD, 3 pedals, and a 5 or 6 speed stick. Some people need the electronic assists in the modern cars for help and that's fine.

While I share your sentiment, and like the 6 speed manual a LOT, a 10 speed auto car is faster in pretty much every test. 

• Like 2

There’s always someone faster - and from a pure punch it standpoint the modern autos are most certainly faster.  Those Tesla Plaid’s are crazy and I’m sure electric will continue to evolve.  But for a daily driver, to me, nothing is more engaging than a manual.  So much fun to me - personal preference.  I don’t need or want all the fancy electronics.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You got one on order?? Such an amazing car

I do, but it is the 5th for the dealership which makes it a year out if not more   I am going to upsize the squirrel cages in my S6 for now which will make it faster so it is possible I won't take final delivery although that coincides with the timing for my next company car.

Edited by Deephaven
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I guess the older I get the less I want to work. LOL

My 67 Mustang and my wife's 2012 Mustang GT both have manuals and don't get driven a lot any more. Been thinking about a c4 auto for the 67 and trading the 2012. :bc:

after driving a couple DCT's i really have seen the light on them being the best of both worlds.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

after driving a couple DCT's i really have seen the light on them being the best of both worlds.  

I really enjoy the one in my car.  I can pick any gear at any time and it is wicked fast at shifting.  Saves me from having to have a truck as well since my wife can drive the car and I can take her rig at anytime.  Manuals are more fun in some ways, but the biggest thing really is being able to pick the gear you want when you want it and while automatics have gotten better DCT's are wicked fast and allow that to work really well.

17 hours ago, Plissken said:

That Cadillac would probably still get gaped by farmtruck pulling a boat and trailer.  

Ha, I've done that in my Escalade although it was just an S4.  I had the sled trailer with 2 sleds in it...but it wasn't anywhere near that close I walloped him.  Guy was shocked.

20 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I guess the older I get the less I want to work. LOL

My 67 Mustang and my wife's 2012 Mustang GT both have manuals and don't get driven a lot any more. Been thinking about a c4 auto for the 67 and trading the 2012. :bc:

Awesome, post up a pic or 10 of the 67. Great looking cars.

Just put this one back together.  Nice car….too much shit on it. I know people like all that, but I find it annoying.  Seat is vibrating , throwing the parking brake on when you are backing up. Ill drive myself. 

F4B373A5-2969-421B-9303-A3BE22B7A3F9.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the seat vibration for blind spot i kind of like.   

Freaks me out. 😂

All that stuff is great until it stops working.  I had a mirror on back seat and the car was freaking out when I got out.  Something was getting left behind.  

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

The Plaid is the boss. And it still has more performance locked in the CPU. 

I agree, but sucks to drive, I want to hear bald eagles scream, the driving experience of a Tesla is completely lame...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree, but sucks to drive, I want to hear bald eagles scream, the driving experience of a Tesla is completely lame...

One if my customers is big in to road racing multiple lotus Porsche and shitty bomber class honda lol. Well he has like 4 tesla that I know of his comp dose somthing with the self driving tec 

None the less they took s put slicks on it and ran some hot laps at road America till they busted it . He said breaking was done just after first lap then a few more in busted one of the fr arm mounts or somthing to do with fr arm got fucked to bad to do anything but limo back to trailer  .

• Like 2

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1980 Chevrolet Malibu powered by a boosted 5.3 LS 🔥

#sickcarsandtrucks #chevrolet #malibu #gbody #gbodyshop #lsswap #lsswaptheworld #classiccar #classiccarsdaily

49A2B418-27C2-42D8-910D-B53DAF6C77B3.thumb.jpeg.c825b68be627ed2c236ce7836bb408ca.jpeg

My Buddy has one with a built 454 BB.

He also just finished putting a LS 6.0 (LQ4) with in his 74 Vette with FiTech throttle body (looks old school). Brian tooley cam, custom long tube exhaust into side pips. 

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Resized_20210911_133345.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

34A7310C-56F3-44D9-B774-B6D5EAB55BFF.thumb.jpeg.15cba5282e9a1a4039163de08f982f6e.jpeg

Yet the Caddy still won that entire, overall review. Weird. 

Also we could get into the longevity of all that but you’d just dance around the fact like you have before so I’ll skip wasting my time. 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yet the Caddy still won that entire, overall review. Weird. 

Also we could get into the longevity of all that but you’d just dance around the fact like you have before so I’ll skip wasting my time. 

You see how far the caddy was in the drag race as well?

Edited by BOHICA