Clutch Questions 800 Xc137

SkisNH

Hi Guys,

Looking for some feedback / opinions...I had Northstar Rick do the clutch in my Assault,  I was very happy with it. Has any one done any actual testing to see how it performs compared to say SLP or others? My satisfaction with Rick's job is unscientific but the seat of my pants test was it woke the sled up quite a bit.

What say you...other than skis, carbides and igrips the sled is stock.

SkisNH

Data logging, timers would be the best bet to measure your gains or losses.  For the occasional tuner using a test mule sled to run against works.  Basically you change nothing on the test mule to use as your base line and make changes to your sled to measure gains and losses against the test mule.

Who's clutch kit is better don't know.  I do my own clutching and don't buy clutch kits.  What your looking for is matching your sleds clutching performance up to your riding style so its not a one clutch kit fits all.  Even if your just a trail rider, occasional tuner start reading up on clutching and start doing some experimenting.  Your going to make yourself a better tuner if you learn it yourself.  Clutch kits can get on the expensive side and your rightfully paying for the tuners time to experiment.  But is it matching what your looking for?

A good set of adjustable weights makes things a lot easier and springs are reasonably priced plus if you have a couple friends they may have springs and helixes you could try.  I use SLP magnum force weights and it takes about 5 minutes to change the weight in them without taking them out of the clutch.     

• Like 1