Top Gun pilots walk

4 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

There are, I know 3 nurses that went from Hospital work to home health care because of the mandates.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Now that proves it. three!!!!!! 

Three that I know, you're getting desperate.

Just now, airflite1 said:

Three that I know, you're getting desperate.

Hardly. I worked in healthcare for 34 years, There's no mass exodus of nurses. 98% of the nurses at the two hospitals I worked at are vaccinated. Survey samplings of nurses who have been vaccinated are at 88%. 

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why would they walk when they could fly?

I hear American Airlines, Frontier and all the economy airlines are looking for pilots.  They have options.

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s 50 vaccinated pilots behind them that are itching to fly a Raptor. 

I don't know if you realize the FAA was reluctant to sign off on the vaccine, so pilots are probably the least vaccinated, with all the warnings we got about loseing our medical if we received an experimental vaccine, most pilots I know are still hesitant about getting vaccinated.  In fact when Mexico was going to require vaccination to work a contract there this spring, while I was confirming I had been vaccinated one pilot (who I'll refer to as a whiney ass liberal) reported me in an effort to get me grounded for receiving the vaccine. 

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Hardly. I worked in healthcare for 34 years, There's no mass exodus of nurses. 98% of the nurses at the two hospitals I worked at are vaccinated. Survey samplings of nurses who have been vaccinated are at 88%. 

So over 10% are willing to leave their job if they're required to get the shot. I don't doubt there is no mass exodus but in such a stressed environment they can't afford to lose any nurses.

3 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

So over 10% are willing to leave their job if they're required to get the shot. I don't doubt there is no mass exodus but in such a stressed environment they can't afford to lose any nurses.

They'll just take jobs that provide subpar pay. Those jobs are hard to fill.

45 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Bullshit.  Hard BS too.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

A, there are a lot of people resigning due to mandates.  Those are the people that stand by what they believe.  There are companies all over looking for workers and this pandemic has changed the whole concept of being in an office vs working remote.

what I find funny, is that Biden ended the extra $300 for unemployment, started vaccine mandates and (lmao) now "there are a lot of people resigning due to mandates " and there's no unemployment compensation for people who quit their jobs.

what I find sad and maddening is that this country is truly  F - U - C - K - E - D if we can't come together to stop/lessen/mitigate a 'weak little' Chinese 'flu-like' virus from dividing all of us freedom loving, greatest country god ever created, gun loving tough guys on this planet.  tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of 9-11 where about 3K people died and we united then went to war (or two) over it, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor killing 2,400 american's which was amplified much by further american casualties in the Pacific theater, while the current Covid death count in the US (agree with #'s or don't) is 659K+ and we're literally fighting each other, over a fucking vaccine... rather than uniting to fight the virus?  how fucking stupid are we?  'we' are losing, as 'we' are what the virus needs to thrive and survive, and the fucking virus is WINNING.... how does that keep alluding people?

where's my Scotch?

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what I find funny, is that Biden ended the extra $300 for unemployment, started vaccine mandates and (lmao) now "there are a lot of people resigning due to mandates " and there's no unemployment compensation for people who quit their jobs.

what I find sad and maddening is that this country is truly  F - U - C - K - E - D if we can't come together to stop/lessen/mitigate a 'weak little' Chinese 'flu-like' virus from dividing all of us freedom loving, greatest country god ever created, gun loving tough guys on this planet.  tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of 9-11 where about 3K people died and we united then went to war (or two) over it, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor killing 2,400 american's which was amplified much by further american casualties in the Pacific theater, while the current Covid death count in the US (agree with #'s or don't) is 659K+ and we're literally fighting each other, over a fucking vaccine... rather than uniting to fight the virus?  how fucking stupid are we?  'we' are losing, as 'we' are what the virus needs to thrive and survive, and the fucking virus is WINNING.... how does that keep alluding people?

where's my Scotch?

LOL!  Give Anler back the bottle.  You’re done.

”Come together to beat the CoividZ!”  :lmao:

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

where's my Scotch?

I'm not fighting anyone over the vaccine or virus.  I'm doing me and trying to live my life unimpeded.  I don't care what you  or anyone else chooses to do.  Truly.

I can't help that other people want to dictate my medical decisions.  Funny you bring up freedom.

There are two camps, one wants to live and let live, and the other wants to control that camp.  And then you come along and lump them both together like they have equal parts in this conflict.  Classic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Working in Home health care was an increase in Pay and benefits, along with better hours.

Compared to surgical, psych, or hospice, home health is lower pay and usually less desirable. Exceptions would be supervision or charge positions. Home health also has atrocious hours because of staff shortages. Tons of home health staff have left the field due primarily to Covid. 

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

No there isn't. :lol: 

You are not part of the "working" are you?   i know of at least 5 people that have either resigned or got a religious exemption from the vaccine.  I have yet to hear of anyone getting fired, because they have followed the laws and know they are well within their rights.  Can't wait to hear about someone getting fired and see what some lawyers say.

28 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Compared to surgical, psych, or hospice, home health is lower pay and usually less desirable. Exceptions would be supervision or charge positions. Home health also has atrocious hours because of staff shortages. Tons of home health staff have left the field due primarily to Covid. 

All can refuse too many hours in healthcare.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Charge and supervisor positions are typically salaried. Several locals are working 65 hours to fill in for home health shortages. It’s a shitty position. 

That doesn’t matter.  All can refuse too many hours.  It’s happening everywhere and there is nothing anybody can do.  Hey, maybe they should force them all to get a shot to improve morale?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That doesn’t matter.  All can refuse too many hours.  It’s happening everywhere and there is nothing anybody can do.  Hey, maybe they should force them all to get a shot to improve morale?  :lol:

I know of very few nurses that’ll walk out when there’s no one to relieve them. Most have a very difficult abandoning a patient. That’s the state of home health at this point. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

I know of very few nurses that’ll walk out when there’s no one to relieve them. Most have a very difficult abandoning a patient. That’s the state of home health at this point. 

It’s not them abandoning the patient.  It’s the system now being run by the Democrats.  Let it fall.

41 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You're cherry picking the Nursing positions, one of the reasons nurses are going to Home Health is they have more control over their hours.

Edited by airflite1

Just now, airflite1 said:

You're cherry picking the Nursing positions, one of the reasons nurses are going to Home Health is the have more control over their hours.

I’m pushing my daughter in this direction too.  This is a better option right now with the pushing of social welfare coming into the hospitals.