Where Were You?

3 hours ago, old indy said:

You are right.  we never should have been there in the first place.            i have to believe plenty of people knew everything we left there would end up in Taliban control, so.... thers also that.  and shit like this thats just sooo wrong 

ZAMMY is basically right, Benny the Rat also. This country needs a fukkin revolution. 

Edited by Guest

I was driving from Vermont to Valcourt, Quebec with my FIL to pick up a sled for my son's birthday. We got to the shop and the boys there told us to come watch what was happening on their tv. At the time people thought that it was an accident but how things changed. It was just a little over an hour to get home but felt like an eternity while listening to the radio and finding out that it was a terrorist attacks. We wondered about how were we going to be treated at Customs. Will they let us thru as everything was getting shut down. We got to the border around noon and there was no traffic and no movement of agents that we could see. We pull up to the booth and a customs officer comes running out of the main building and told us to gtf out of there, no questions, nothing. Surreal really as we were importing a sled into the U.S. but he couldn't of cared less, not the usual shit show. The reality of it all hit us after getting to my shop and seeing all the news coverage. Certainly a day none of us will ever forget.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

would be nice if America could rally together again at some point.   watching some of the clips from back then we had a bond post 9/11 even after an election that created drama.      The divisive politics of today are destroying the country and it comes from both sides maybe one day we truly could look inside ourselves and try to make America a better place for the majority.     

Agreed Jeff :bc:

Unfortunately I don't see that happening. 'If you don't agree with me you are the enemy' seems to be where we are at. Very sad, but the anti-American crowd are laughing their asses off at us.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I was working on a swimming pool in a small town. I am building another pool currently about a 1/4 mile away and I was thinking about this.

I was by myself because my student help had gone back to school. The house had no close neighbours and it was on a hill so I could pick up Q107 out of Toronto. I was listening to Howard Stern with the doors of the truck swung open.

When the second plane hit, I stopped working and just sat in the truck, not believing what I was hearing.

Howard stayed on the air that day, relaying new information as it came in.