Where Were You?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha…I changed the topic and edited it because I’m not so sure that meme was accurate at least as far as Nancy Reagan is concerned…I was just reading an article about how she and Ron Jr. tried to get The President to act on the AIDS Crisis.🤷🏻

:thumbsup:

I was at an outdoor retailers show at The Center of New Hampshire conference rooms. It wasn't long before everyone was in the lobby watching Charlie Gibson and Dianne Sawyer on the TV.

12 minutes ago, Catalina said:

I was at work. Heard some rumors, found a TV in  a conference room. My first thought was that it was a news helicopter, or a small plane that hit the first building. 

I was surely wrong about that. 

Yes, at 1st they were saying that it was a small plane. Then we watched live as the second plane hit.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Catalina said:

I was at work. Heard some rumors, found a TV in  a conference room. My first thought was that it was a news helicopter, or a small plane that hit the first building. 

I was surely wrong about that. 

Pretty much the same here, we were all working, heard it in the radio that a plane hit the first tower, we all went up in the owners office and turned on the TV and saw the 2nd plane hit..

I remember where I was too.  How we somehow went from a country united in the the desire to stamp out terrorism and fundamentalist Islam to where we are now, to letting the Taliban take over the country that we ostensibly invaded to oust them, along with enough military equipment to present a threat to the world again, along with open borders just blows me away.  Too many stupid stupid people.  I’ll just leave it at that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was in Boston working. I always had  CNN on in backround. Glimpsing at the report of small airplane hit a tower. All of a sudden, airspace in Boston went dead quiet. Few minutes later military aircraft doing flyby’s. I drove 1/2 mile down to the harbor to get s better view of what the F was going on, and  military and coast guard boats (inflatables with frt mount machine guns) where hauling ass sll around. I cane right back and glued myself to the tv not knowing if my area was ready to blow up or something. 

2 friends and close cuz where working in that neighborhood. 2 ran out as the 1st tower came down. 3rd was late too work and stuck in the subway as towers came down. Unfortunately, all his co employees that where at work that day died. 50 of them ? 

I did go to the memorial on NYC 5-6 yrs ago. Very emotional. Wife and I had to take a few breaks while in there.

I will never forget. May those who died rest in peace, and those still suffering get the care they need.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I remember where I was too.  How we somehow went from a country united in the the desire to stamp out terrorism and fundamentalist Islam to where we are now, to letting the Taliban take over the country that we ostensibly invaded to oust them, along with enough military equipment to present a threat to the world again, along with open borders just blows me away.  Too many stupid stupid people.  I’ll just leave it at that.

I’ll leave it at this also.

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ll leave it at this also.

Figures you two would bring politics into this thread but since you did let’s remember who negotiated and inked a deal with The Taliban and let’s also remember which country was really responsible for 9-11 and I’ll just leave it at that. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Figures you two would bring politics into this thread but since you did let’s remember who negotiated and inked a deal with The Taliban and let’s also remember which country was really responsible for 9-11 and I’ll just leave it at that. 

Stop your whining you worthless cunt.

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Taliban took over their own country? How dare they! I hope nobody tries that here...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Stop your whining you worthless cunt.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's telling him.  :lol:

The funny thing is that he and Woolie are the ones whining…so dumb.🤣

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Whoosh.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I giggled.  :lmao:

Me too. It brought me back to my childhood :lol:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The funny thing is that he and Woolie are the ones whining…so dumb.🤣

I don't read enough here to follow everything. Every once in a while I read a few threads and laugh my ass off :lol:

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

I was in high school everyone stopped class and went to watch it on tv once the second plane hit.

Thanks for getting us back on track. There are enough threads about politics here. :bc:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

America is maturing. Ending stupid wars and occupations of other people’s land. More work to be done, but this is a good start. The neo-political tribalism of America is making cable news outlets billions!!! All good for capitalism.