Wes Selby no longer on the green team

Defending champ still on cat.  Bummer about Wed Selby though, sign of the times.  

It's dumb that non educated people look at the color so much in racing.  A winner will win on any color.

From FB:

Wesley Selby

2h  · 

Very excited to be joining team @skidoo and all the new team mates. My new focus will be racing the @rmsha hillclimb circuit full time and when time allows racing xc at select events that do no conflict. I am pumped to get these new sleds in my hands and start racking up some miles.

241827866_10161129255645559_276363302960

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.facebook.com/511150558/posts/10161123799385559/

Wow, who tf saw this coming? 

:sarcasm1:

Excited to see the 2022 Cat race sleds... 😂 

I diiiid. Theres ALOT to the story...

On 9/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, Not greg b said:

Wasn’t he employed as a cat engineer?? I wonder if he parted ways all together?

he left a few years back to start a vac truck company in Grandby. He still bangs goats - I have proof

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I diiiid. Theres ALOT to the story...

he left a few years back to start a vac truck company in Grandby. He still bangs goats - I have proof

Well he is riding a yellow school bus for this year 

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That's just cruel, to Richard.

Quit fucking around with Wes and go find my helix.

I think this will be my new Selby shirt for this year. 

13 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Just think, he was your hero mere days ago and now you're shitting on him. Pitiful really.

Technically I never stopped shitting on him - its what good friends do haha. 

7 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I think this will be my new Selby shirt for this year. 

Technically I never stopped shitting on him - its what good friends do haha. 

I wasn't really directing it at you per se it was mostly towards all his former fans. Went from hero to zero.

I blame it 110% on the brass at cat. If they keep Mikes hands tied all the time while hes trying to retain talent they wont have anything to market. Davis, Turcotte, Selby, Kaufman (and having a hibbert working on the yellow flavor now)  all of those larger names all left. 

22 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I blame it 110% on the brass at cat. If they keep Mikes hands tied all the time while hes trying to retain talent they wont have anything to market. Davis, Turcotte, Selby, Kaufman (and having a hibbert working on the yellow flavor now)  all of those larger names all left. 

Hibbert working on yellow now.  Wow what a loss of talent. What direction did Houle end up going?

15 hours ago, Doug said:

Hibbert working on yellow now.  Wow what a loss of talent. What direction did Houle end up going?

Steve has been with skidoo since Dan Benham went to them, this year he is doing what he did with cat - clutching for a team while providing baselines for the support classes. 

Complacency will only put cat farther behind and less relevant. I saw it when I worked for the factory offroad team that they were content where they were at and we had to beg for funding and parts.

The only interesting thing is talking with Carl last night they're back in sponsoring snocross. I don't know if its at the same level as 2018 but its somewhat good news for the sport. 

8 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Steve has been with skidoo since Dan Benham went to them, this year he is doing what he did with cat - clutching for a team while providing baselines for the support classes. 

Complacency will only put cat farther behind and less relevant. I saw it when I worked for the factory offroad team that they were content where they were at and we had to beg for funding and parts.

The only interesting thing is talking with Carl last night they're back in sponsoring snocross. I don't know if its at the same level as 2018 but its somewhat good news for the sport. 

If they're back in sponsoring snocross be really bringing nothing new to the table sled wise sure is a mixed signal.  It is good news and maybe a sign that they will get more aggressive in the snowmobile business end.  Don't want to see only 2 players in the sport.

I honestly believe sledding is dying out, where I used to see at least a couple dozen at the local eating/drinking establishments I only see a few sleds now, just down the road from me in the early 1990's there was 104 sleds there at 1 time, now you see maybe 12-15 at a time and also many trails here are open to ATV's in the Winter now and we're beginning to see those on the trails at the same time as sleds which I think is stupid.

• Like 1