Polaris donating $500 to 80 clubs

Bontz

How many of you are part of a snowmobile club, and how many of you have your clubs connected are with the Ride Command app?  Email I received on behalf of our club:

To: All Ride Command clubs and associations

REMINDER: Polaris is donating $500 to 80 snowmobile and OHV clubs active with Ride Command.

Deadline is September 30, 2021

-----------------------------------------------

From the August 2021 Ride Command Newsletter:

Thanks To The Hundreds Of Clubs And Association Partners For Helping Us Reach This Major Milestone

Thanks for partnering with Polaris on Ride Command. With your help, we have created the best mobile app available to off-highway vehicle (OHV) and snowmobile riders. On August 11, 2021, RIDE COMMAND reached a major, industry-leading milestone: One Million Miles of trails and legal routes!

To celebrate, Polaris is donating $40,000 to clubs and associations that have partnered with Ride Command.

Polaris wants to thank the powersports community, specifically the on-the-ground clubs and associations, for their continued support and contributions to the sport. Because of your dedication and

hard work building and maintaining trails, and partnering with us to add them to the RIDE COMMAND map, we celebrate 1 Million Miles of trails and more in the future – THANK YOU!

To further show our appreciation, Polaris is awarding 80 clubs or associations with $500 to help support their trail maintenance efforts. We invite all registered club trail managers or trail data contributors that have been active within RIDE COMMAND from January 1 through September 30, 2021 to submit an entry to receive an award.

If you haven’t been active this year, now is a perfect time to make additions or revisions to your trail data, create waypoints, or add Premium POIs for your business members.

For more information and to register for the random drawing, simply complete and submit the entry form for your club or association, found at this website:

https://www.polaris.com/en-us/news/product/polaris-ride-command-achieves-one-million-miles-trails/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

We made pretty good money early on with RC adding bars and lodging etc etc to RC . We got 100 bucks a Establishment for 2 yrs . I was letting other clubs hit up there own aria but if I told them about the program and went back a mo later and owner had not been approached I sold em . Was ez money for club . 

I know the guy who heads up RC is pretty active in clubs and volunteering time for trail work 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

We made pretty good money early on with RC adding bars and lodging etc etc to RC . We got 100 bucks a Establishment for 2 yrs . I was letting other clubs hit up there own aria but if I told them about the program and went back a mo later and owner had not been approached I sold em . Was ez money for club . 

I know the guy who heads up RC is pretty active in clubs and volunteering time for trail work 

That said we need to have a talk why I am learning of this program on FS and not at a bridge re deck few weeks back lol

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Anyone get their notice today ... being selected as one of the 80 clubs to receive the $500?  We were selected, so I'm pretty excited to share that news with our club.  

My president is dropping off some MNUSA calendars today, I'll ask him if we got selected as well.... PS - I have a couple pics in this years!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:54 PM, Ez ryder said:

That said we need to have a talk why I am learning of this program on FS and not at a bridge re deck few weeks back lol

Just reading about this - wtf, why didn't he tell us about the program! Ugh

• 2 weeks later...

I won $500 for my club. A friend notified me of the program. I had been sending the GPS tracking of my last winter rides in central Vermont to him. He was then putting the correct trail coordinates into the Ride Command system and submitting them to Polaris for correction. The Ride Command Vermont trail maps hadn’t been updated in years and over the course of the year much of the state was updated. Over the summer Polaris came to an agreement with VAST to use their trail map, that combined with ongoing updates should have the Ride Command trail map as accurate as can be for Vermont. The $500 was a welcome bonus for the SnoBees snowmobile club.

• Like 1

It seems like a good idea on their part if they want to be the "go to" app for navigation.

Trails change often and current info is golden.  The best app will need the latest updates and who better than the clubs that create the path.

A good usable app will add value to the hardware.  It's a whole lot easier to upsell the gauge with mapping that actually works.

• Like 2