More snowmobile content??

ckf

Just thinking out loud, but maybe with some input from others we can came up with a different forum name for this forum and do away with HCS altogether?? 

Just a thought

General Discussion Forum

A Forum For Members From Other Sledding Sites

• Like 2

I had a split moment of excitement yesterday, as I saw my caller ID pop up with the snowmobile dealer's name.  I was on a call/work meeting so I couldn't answer the phone and they left a message for me.  I was hoping it was a "Hey, your sled is in!" but no ... it was just the guy introducing himself, as my dealer sold his shop this summer and this new place is getting my order.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

I had a split moment of excitement yesterday, as I saw my caller ID pop up with the snowmobile dealer's name.  I was on a call/work meeting so I couldn't answer the phone and they left a message for me.  I was hoping it was a "Hey, your sled is in!" but no ... it was just the guy introducing himself, as my dealer sold his shop this summer and this new place is getting my order.

I’m guessing I know who you’re talking about, on the MN side of the river?  I think you were the one who suggested them to me a couple of years ago.  I heard about that a few weeks ago.  Not exactly happy, but the little dealerships are getting harder to keep running, especially when there’s nothing to sell.  So, I understand his decision.

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

I’m guessing I know who you’re talking about, on the MN side of the river?  I think you were the one who suggested them to me a couple of years ago.  I heard about that a few weeks ago.  Not exactly happy, but the little dealerships are getting harder to keep running, especially when there’s nothing to sell.  So, I understand his decision.

Yeah, it's definitely one of those bittersweet deals.  I'm super happy for my former dealer as he's a great guy and deserves retirement - but it sucks losing him.  The new (bigger) place that bought him out ... I'm not sure what to think about that yet, but I guess I'll get an up close experience when (if) my sled comes in later this Fall.  One good thing is, my former dealer's lead tech moved to the new place too so I'll still have him there.  I doubt I'll get the same experience though ... I could stop in before, and not even have a reason to other than just to stop in and say hi & we'd spend an hour BS'ing.  Gonna miss that part of it more than anything.

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, it's definitely one of those bittersweet deals.  I'm super happy for my former dealer as he's a great guy and deserves retirement - but it sucks losing him.  The new (bigger) place that bought him out ... I'm not sure what to think about that yet, but I guess I'll get an up close experience when (if) my sled comes in later this Fall.  One good thing is, my former dealer's lead tech moved to the new place too so I'll still have him there.  I doubt I'll get the same experience though ... I could stop in before, and not even have a reason to other than just to stop in and say hi & we'd spend an hour BS'ing.  Gonna miss that part of it more than anything.

Seems to be a sad trend.  Either, retire and close, sellout to a larger dealer or go bigger.  My dealer this year decided to go bigger.  I've been dealing with them since 1989 when his parents ran it in a small building and they lived next door.  He started as a tech and worked his was through.  There's been multiple additions and the house was taken down along the way.

I'm in same boat stop in on occasion when you know he's not busy or after hours for a good BS session and a few adult beverages.  He's been looking at expanding a couple years now and decided to expand.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, Bontz said:

Was talking to Paul this weekend. He took his for sale posts down for his 2020. He said there’s no way he’s selling it until his 2022 is in because he doesn’t want to be without a sled. His was obviously ordered via the ambassador program too so I don’t know if that helps him or hurts him. 

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how about some sort of 4sale/wanted/trade page for users?

Oh oh, me! Buy my old sled! 

D1436550-11C1-4D96-82BD-37303624C25B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, Bontz said:

My sled is in at the dealer as I type.  Just waiting for it to be put together...........:news:

• Like 2

@ckf - this site needs everything that you are suggesting. I'm glad to be here, but it is mostly to keep up with the former HCS members (some of which I have ridden with and know personally). 

I still post and read more on HCS since it has more sled content. I miss the OLD HCS. It had better sled expertise, content, and then the fun banter as well. It was great entertainment. It is now a depressing site and not fun at all. But I still tend to spend more time there because of the actual sled content. Facebook sled forums are such a shit show and almost unusable. But, wow. So much activity! I wish there was a way to get the best of both worlds. 

I felt guilty posting the Hay Days content to HCS before here. I guess old habits die hard. Even with the purge at HCS, there's still enough sled content to keep me visiting daily. 

• Like 3

I get it. I hope no one takes my comments as a slam. No insult intended. 

Vertical Scope is very narrow minded. I'd love it if this site were able to expand its scope and capture the sledder camaraderie along with the technical knowledge that we used to have. 

Edited by Ziemann
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

@ckf - this site needs everything that you are suggesting. I'm glad to be here, but it is mostly to keep up with the former HCS members (some of which I have ridden with and know personally). 

I still post and read more on HCS since it has more sled content. I miss the OLD HCS. It had better sled expertise, content, and then the fun banter as well. It was great entertainment. It is now a depressing site and not fun at all. But I still tend to spend more time there because of the actual sled content. Facebook sled forums are such a shit show and almost unusable. But, wow. So much activity! I wish there was a way to get the best of both worlds. 

I felt guilty posting the Hay Days content to HCS before here. I guess old habits die hard. Even with the purge at HCS, there's still enough sled content to keep me visiting daily. 

I get it. I've tried to get the guys to add more content, but it has fallen on deaf ears for the most part. If everyone here posted one post in their state or province forum and one post a day in a brand forum of general snowmobile forum the content would build fairly fast.  I did as I said I would last year and installed an ssl certificate to help with the search engines. Now it's time for the members to step up if they truly want this to be a snowmobile site.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:42 AM, Bontz said:

By Xmas for most from what the poo guys I know are  getting told from the higher ups 

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

By Xmas for most from what the poo guys I know are  getting told from the higher ups 

Pretty much the expectation I'm going into the season with right there, with Christmas time frame.  And quite honestly, unless we have early snow - I'm perfectly fine with that other than I'd prefer a little more time to stud the sled out and give it a good looking over.  If we have snow & I take delivery of it at the end of December, odds are it's gonna get gas and oil and find a trail immediately!! LOL

Based on the several fellas I've talked to, and a handful who were able to talk with Polaris people last weekend at Hay Days ... Polaris is going through the same struggles as everyone else, so my normal mid October to mid November delivery of prior snow checks is pretty much a pipe dream.

12 hours ago, Bontz said:

Pretty much the expectation I'm going into the season with right there, with Christmas time frame.  And quite honestly, unless we have early snow - I'm perfectly fine with that other than I'd prefer a little more time to stud the sled out and give it a good looking over.  If we have snow & I take delivery of it at the end of December, odds are it's gonna get gas and oil and find a trail immediately!! LOL

Based on the several fellas I've talked to, and a handful who were able to talk with Polaris people last weekend at Hay Days ... Polaris is going through the same struggles as everyone else, so my normal mid October to mid November delivery of prior snow checks is pretty much a pipe dream.

Yeah a lot of the poo guys did not even get there sled till mid Feb last yr and were told mid summer they have to keep what they got last yr. Some real butt hurt going on with some of those guys . It is not like a give me every one of them  fingers that deal and it's worth in to there package when negotiating compensation for the job . 

But again they are saying Xmas at the latest for most snow check .

Edited by Ez ryder