Thought for the day.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not ashamed to say I rarely do anything to our cars and trucks anymore.  I’ve got all the tools and scars to show I’ve done more than my time doing so.  It just doesn’t give me the DIY satisfaction it used to.

I still do what I can, especially being retired, but the older I get the more I use my buddy who has his own shop not to far from me. So much easier with a hoist and all the tools imaginable, which sure beats laying on my back in the driveway and running back and forth to the garage trying to grab the proper tools.

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  just went through this doing a brake pad change.   stripped caliper bolt resulting in needing to take out the whole knuckle so i could get to it.  

Durango ?

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not ashamed to say I rarely do anything to our cars and trucks anymore.  I’ve got all the tools and scars to show I’ve done more than my time doing so.  It just doesn’t give me the DIY satisfaction it used to.

X2.   Too technical nowadays. I just drop it off, go to the waiting room with a coffee, and hand them my credit card, and drive off when it's done. Easy peasy. 

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

X2.   Too technical nowadays. I just drop it off, go to the waiting room with a coffee, and hand them my credit card, and drive off when it's done. Easy peasy. 

Huh except for water leaks right you fix those yourself :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

i like working on my sled and SxS in general and getting them done timely is hard sending them out.  I can always drop a vehicle at the dealer and get shit done.  I actually had the daughters brakes done last time home at the shop and they are no harder than doing my SxS's.   

If the shops/contractors were not so busy i'd hire everything out.   but being somewhat cheap and wanting things done quick sometimes takes over.   I rented a mini excavator Friday because i could not get someone in to do a job for 6 weeks.  Won't save me much money but it will be done.  

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i like working on my sled and SxS in general and getting them done timely is hard sending them out.  I can always drop a vehicle at the dealer and get shit done.  I actually had the daughters brakes done last time home at the shop and they are no harder than doing my SxS's.   

If the shops/contractors were not so busy i'd hire everything out.   but being somewhat cheap and wanting things done quick sometimes takes over.   I rented a mini excavator Friday because i could not get someone in to do a job for 6 weeks.  Won't save me much money but it will be done.  

I’m not patient either. Usually my local shop will get me in the same week.  They know I am a good cash customer and don’t want to do anything on my shit anymore.

Yes, I still love working on my Motorsport toys for sure. I don’t want ANYBODY touching those but me.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Not to mention to a lot of people it is a deduction anyway . So Why in the fuck would I piss away my time off doing some shit my self . I use to enjoy some of it . I even don't mind helping buds out from time to time but not on my own shit . Hell I am getting to the point I am paying for some of my toys maint . Never thought that would happen.lol

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Not to mention to a lot of people it is a deduction anyway . So Why in the fuck would I piss away my time off doing some shit my self . I use to enjoy some of it . I even don't mind helping buds out from time to time but not on my own shit . Hell I am getting to the point I am paying for some of my toys maint . Never thought that would happen.lol

Yeah, but I remember I do some small shift myself.  But, it’s like replacing the AC fan behind the dash or something.  If I gotta scrub off grease/oil and rust.  Hard pass.  

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, but I remember I do some small shift myself.  But, it’s like replacing the AC fan behind the dash or something.  If I gotta scrub off grease/oil and rust.  Hard pass.  

Just a fan behind the dash .lol had 1 that the whole fucking dash had to come out . Was a real Gilligan's island shit show .

way more than a 3 hr tour 

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Low grade, Chinesium caliper bolt?

bolt quality overalls not bad not quite sure what happened.  Bolt hole threads were easy to re thread didn't have to go to an insert although we will see how it comes out next time.     

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Just a fan behind the dash .lol had 1 that the whole fucking dash had to come out . Was a real Gilligan's island shit show .

way more than a 3 hr tour 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

bolt quality overalls not bad not quite sure what happened.  Bolt hole threads were easy to re thread didn't have to go to an insert although we will see how it comes out next time.     

Permatex anti-seize lubricant is your friend.