****2017 Official Riding Pics Thread****

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Yes.  But he can scoot pretty good.  You don't want to give any of us that ride together even the smallest of head starts.  I chased all day.  Fun!

I enjoy that too, playing catch up.. You ride the poo at all??

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I enjoy that too, playing catch up.. You ride the poo at all??

No, haven't ridden one yet but we both jumped on each others sleds.  His was plush and "cushy".  He jumped on mine and got right back off...just said "Nope!". :lol:

Mine is set up for some really harsh conditions...and I ride like I fucking hate the trails!  HOWEVER, now that the trails are getting a bit better, I need to loosen it up a bit...I'm not 25 anymore!  And my fucking wife never misses and opportunity to remind me of that fact.  I just tell her to STFU!.........and please bring me the heating pad and some aspirin!

:lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Got first tracks on the groomers track in.  Smooth as butter rolling down a fresh groomed trail in the tucker.  I was feeling nice a decided not to install some whoops in fresh groomed trail on this day.  

IMG_2920.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Silverbacks,  adrenaline with pro 40's it goes pretty good

I sat on one at the Spring Fever show.   Didn't like the cheesy handle bar mounts or the way the seating position felt.  XS Platform has much better ergos IMO

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I sat on one at the Spring Fever show.   Didn't like the cheesy handle bar mounts or the way the seating position felt.  XS Platform has much better ergos IMO

Don't think anybody asked for your critique especially since you haven't even ridden yours yet.

I'm at a bit over 500mi so far. Had a buddies new ac zr8000 eat 2 Kevlar belts and his secondary literally came off on weds. We could not have been any further away from civilization in NH and still be on a marked trail. We fucked with that green scrap wagon for hours. Finally had to tow it 40 fuckin miles. Got stuck 3 times. Had two sleds towing it at one point to make it over a mtn. It was a complete fukshow. But totally fun!!great season so far.  I've had some excellent rides it's my sons,a great solo burn, and ridden with some Intrawebz  buddies that I'd never met. nor'easter coming next week!!! 

IMG_0208.PNG

IMG_0249.PNG

IMG_0251.PNG

IMG_0253.PNG

IMG_0485.PNG

IMG_0491.PNG

IMG_0483.PNG

IMG_0497.PNG

IMG_0339.PNG

IMG_0340.PNG

IMG_0342.PNG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

I'm at a bit over 500mi so far. Had a buddies new ac zr8000 eat 2 Kevlar belts and his secondary literally came off on weds. We could not have been any further away from civilization in NH and still be on a marked trail. We fucked with that green scrap wagon for hours. Finally had to tow it 40 fuckin miles. Got stuck 3 times. Had two sleds towing it at one point to make it over a mtn. It was a complete fukshow. But totally fun!!great season so far.  I've had some excellent rides it's my sons,a great solo burn, and ridden with some Intrawebz  buddies that I'd never met. nor'easter coming next week!!! 

IMG_0208.PNG

IMG_0249.PNG

IMG_0251.PNG

IMG_0253.PNG

IMG_0485.PNG

IMG_0491.PNG

IMG_0483.PNG

IMG_0497.PNG

IMG_0339.PNG

IMG_0340.PNG

IMG_0342.PNG

I read your report over on SledNH.com Not sure why you agreed to ride with an AC :poke:  You were OK with Scott on his Doo. He's a good shit. He and his Navy CB son came out a few times and helped build bridges for OVSC :bc:

14 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

i haven't had a chance to ride it but i sat on them, i like it sits higher than the xs which i like as i wish my seat was 2" taller and of course all summer i didn't think about adding foam to the seat.  The bars are too low so I'd go another 3 inches higher.  He didn't like the open footwells,  says the feet are colder and not having sides to press against is odd so he added the footwell braces.  I'll try to ride it the next few weeks because i'm either going with that or I should pick up a 137 freeride now that they are whoring them and I can get good money with under 3k miles on my xrs.    

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I read your report over on SledNH.com Not sure why you agreed to ride with an AC :poke:  You were OK with Scott on his Doo. He's a good shit. He and his Navy CB son came out a few times and helped build bridges for OVSC :bc:

Hendo is a great guy. We've ridden together before. In fact the last time was the sledNh ride that was sooooo breezy that OT declined for fear of twigs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Hendo is a great guy. We've ridden together before. In fact the last time was the sledNh ride that was sooooo breezy that OT declined for fear of twigs. 

To windy :lol: I've ridden with Scott once or twice on the OVSC trails. I miss seeing all of the SledNH guys that used to stop by Canoe King to say hi :sad: 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i haven't had a chance to ride it but i sat on them, i like it sits higher than the xs which i like as i wish my seat was 2" taller and of course all summer i didn't think about adding foam to the seat.  The bars are too low so I'd go another 3 inches higher.  He didn't like the open footwells,  says the feet are colder and not having sides to press against is odd so he added the footwell braces.  I'll try to ride it the next few weeks because i'm either going with that or I should pick up a 137 freeride now that they are whoring them and I can get good money with under 3k miles on my xrs.    

Seating position on my XRS is perfect for me at 6'2", but I went with just a slightly taller riser than the one that came on it from the factory.i think it's 6.3" vs 4.7" 

I'm seeing new and used FRs all over on CL 

8 hours ago, ckf said:

I'm going to try to get some aerial video of the sleds out on the local lakes this weekend.

That'd be cool fo sho!

4 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

About time someone started this thread!!!

Im having a good season despite the warm weather. 900 miles so far with a lot of time off saved for Feb and March. :bc: 

41E5DD24-BDD8-478E-A202-E6F03F4902D5_zps

1CEC72CC-CEE1-4FC9-AE30-7DFDD47AB24D_zps

B877A294-E691-415D-80B5-A560F69BB515_zps

9F235BE1-1382-49B4-8E4E-D57A22FFEAD0_zps

BAB6C95D-D9D4-4904-9C38-3183ED244FF6_zps

Nice pics!  

23 hours ago, yami123 said:

Damn that Cat is sharp :bc:

Thanks.  Just painted the nose to try and tone down the green a bit. Took off all the orange/red reflectors and replaced with 3M black reflector tape, then peeled off some some of the graphics.  Still looks stock but a tad different (better IMO).  That spay Plasti-dip stuff is cool.  Comes in a ton of colors and goes on like a rubbery plastic.  And if you don't like it or want to change it, it peels right off with no damage.  Guy on HCS turned me into it.  He does all kinds of cool shit to his sled with it.  Kind of a cool and cheap way to update things...and completely reversible.

IMG_1691.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Thanks.  Just painted the nose to try and tone down the green a bit. Took off all the orange/red reflectors and replaced with 3M black reflector tape, then peeled off some some of the graphics.  Still looks stock but a tad different (better IMO).  That spay Plasti-dip stuff is cool.  Comes in a ton of colors and goes on like a rubbery plastic.  And if you don't like it or want to change it, it peels right off with no damage.  Guy on HCS turned me into it.  He does all kinds of cool shit to his sled with it.  Kind of a cool and cheap way to update things...and completely reversible.

IMG_1691.JPG

I've seen that before, and was curious before I bought it-  How thick is that 3m reflective tape?  Was thinking about doing the same thing to my 2 sleds 

6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've seen that before, and was curious before I bought it-  How thick is that 3m reflective tape?  Was thinking about doing the same thing to my 2 sleds 

It's about as thick as duct tape.  Works well and legal too.  Really looks good on all black sleds.  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's about as thick as duct tape.  Works well and legal too.  Really looks good on all black sleds.  

Mine aren't all blacked out, but the amber and red reflective tape sticks out like a sore thumb on black tunnels and nose/belly pans.  Is it like duct tape, or is it more rigid?  How crisp are the lines when you cut it? 

12 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Mine aren't all blacked out, but the amber and red reflective tape sticks out like a sore thumb on black tunnels and nose/belly pans.  Is it like duct tape, or is it more rigid?  How crisp are the lines when you cut it? 

I did my XRS with it too.  It's great stuff.  I pulled my old reflectors, traced the pattern then cut, peel and stick.  Done.  The lines are as "crisp" as the sharpness of your blade.  

IMG_0347.JPG