****2017 Official Riding Pics Thread****

5 hours ago, s pump said:

Best part was we were at the end of a road system near the border and decided to try to poke through the woods to find the Border. We went about 200 feet and a new 850 Summit blew by On the Border Cut right ahead of us. We were in the middle of nowhere in these guys didn't speak English, good stuff

I bet.. i do like messing around along the cut.  tons more snow over that side of the state from the look of things. monday we did a lap around the lake there in Millinocket and i was running pretty warm since there isnt much on top of the crust layer.  the suger snow wasnt cutting it. scratchers go on this week.

16 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Great trip down to Gorham today. In the 67 miles before lunch, passed 1 sled and 2 groomers. :bc: Only problem was with the below zero temps and the grooming they did last night we were overheating all day long.

6287498A-3BE7-477D-ADEE-31D1025B39CF_zps

C0EAC6F3-3DA9-4B80-9FF9-A08932133759_zps

F35AC0EE-8C02-4332-9E11-274935A665A9_zps

37A923B9-027D-4146-9AD1-FEDA640957A2_zps

Looks like some fast trails right there.  You were overheating in those conditions posted above?  You have scratchers?  Seems like enough snow to keep the sled cool. :dunno:  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Looks like some fast trails right there.  You were overheating in those conditions posted above?  You have scratchers?  Seems like enough snow to keep the sled cool. :dunno:  

exactly what I was thinking, maybe low coolant levels?

3 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Yea, looks like more than enough snow to keep it cool 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i can understand first thing in the am that it might run hot with firm trails but i'd be definitely popping the hood and checking/burping coolant if it was still doing it when chewed up a bit.  

Ive seen sleds run hot with the rear suspension set to stiff in conditions like that.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

true i have kept mine soft to make sure that doesn't happen,  i'm on the edge between needing the torsion on 2 or 3.  

I have never run scratchers and I have never had problems with cooling or with burning hyfax...EVER. Now some of the cats I ride with, on a cold icy morning you can smell the burning hyfax. Not sure why that is. Whenever I smell it I always get nervous but it has never ended being my sled that is burning. 

Also when trails are mint I run the snow flap barely off the snow. 1. Better cooling and 2. Slotcar handling. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have never run scratchers and I have never had problems with cooling or with burning hyfax...EVER. Now some of the cats I ride with, on a cold icy morning you can smell the burning hyfax. Not sure why that is. Whenever I smell it I always get nervous but it has never ended being my sled that is burning. 

Also when trails are mint I run the snow flap barely off the snow. 1. Better cooling and 2. Slotcar handling. 

Do you have studs on your sled?

Procross chassis sleds?  Even the 137" 1.25" tracked sleds seem to run warm without scratchers or studs.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Do you have studs on your sled?

Procross chassis sleds?  Even the 137" 1.25" tracked sleds seem to run warm without scratchers or studs.  

Yeah all procross, they burn hyfax. All were 137 except for 1 -129". Helped that guy change hyfax in a motel parking lot a couple years ago. 

Just now, Anler said:

Yeah all procross, they burn hyfax. All were 137 except for 1 -129". Helped that guy change hyfax in a motel parking lot a couple years ago. 

We have a XF6 141" sled and my parents have a pair of XF6 137" sleds.  Even on trails you don't think they'd get warm up, you better be running scratchers or you won't have a happy engine or hyfax.  

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We have a XF6 141" sled and my parents have a pair of XF6 137" sleds.  Even on trails you don't think they'd get warm up, you better be running scratchers or you won't have a happy engine or hyfax.  

I'm always curious how long I can run a set of hyfax. I always change them every 2-3000 miles preseason just because. But every time I pull them there has always been a considerable amount left. On every Doo I've ever owned they wear really fast at the front bend on the rail to a certain point and then it doesn't seem to wear much more after that. Also have never had a sled over heat. Whenever I think conditions might be bad for cooling I just drag my boots for a bit.. :dunno:

14 hours ago, Anler said:

I'm always curious how long I can run a set of hyfax. I always change them every 2-3000 miles preseason just because. But every time I pull them there has always been a considerable amount left. On every Doo I've ever owned they wear really fast at the front bend on the rail to a certain point and then it doesn't seem to wear much more after that. Also have never had a sled over heat. Whenever I think conditions might be bad for cooling I just drag my boots for a bit.. :dunno:

I've noticed the procross gets hot easy on roads with not much snow flying. If you dip off in the snow once in a while it cools off. Never had an issue in the trail. My doo seems to be better in comparison. Highest the doo got was 150ish running in some shit snow that was mostly brown.

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Glad to see you finally got out riding

You're still a cock smoking faggot, Faggot :fuckyou::bigfinger::finger:

:snack:

:lol:

19 hours ago, Anler said:

Jesus....go get on your "entry level sled" and ride!  Ride Anler....RIde!

Image result for run forrest run gif

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus....go get on your "entry level sled" and ride!  Ride Anler....RIde!

Image result for run forrest run gif

Its hard to burn hyfax with the sled sitting idle. I had 3500 miles before I touched them on the 7000 and they didn't even need done. The new kitty has 1300 miles and zero wear. :news:

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Its hard to burn hyfax with the sled sitting idle. I had 3500 miles before I touched them on the 7000 and they didn't even need done. The new kitty has 1300 miles and zero wear. :news:

SKS went 1700 miles on stock hyfax, and we rode in some marginal shit so it wasn't all that surprising.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

if he hadn't finally come up i was going to rent his room to a family of somalian illegals that i'm going to hire to renovate legends tips and tits.  

Just when I think I might register this year I noticed in the extended forecast for next week that they are calling for it to warm up long enough to rain. I'm starting to think I might be better off to just rent a sled a few times a year instead of owning one :dunno:  What are rentals going for by the day in Jackman?