Why do they put all those OFF ROAD USE ONLY stickers on ATVs, UTV's & SXS's?

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Because I've nearly creamed one with my truck from behind because they didn't have any mirrors and cut sharp left across the road from the white line to the opposing ditch line.  Full on ABS activated braking. 

They had just left a bar and were sloppy driving like shit, so my wife (the rational one) said give them room, which I did.  Then it happened.  She was as or more pissed about it than I was as the dog went sliding into the back seat and the kids had belt marks on them from braking and swerving. 

The idiots never knew they were almost creamed as they tore off down the trail past the ditch.

Imagine if I'd hit them...

Imagine how this guy in the dump truck and his minor passenger feel, right now.  

This isn't the only encounter with an atv/utv/sxs on public roads I've almost had.  So yes, I've got an issue with vehicles that aren't DOT compliant being driven bar to bar (which is where you see them congregated) in my travels. 

Snowmobiles are primarily ridden on trails which are predominantly on private property, not public fucking roads.  

I don't hate the machines at all, in their intended environment.

Savvy?

Sounds to me like you didn't give them the room your wife suggested you provide.  Be sure to reload your tampon - the current one is soggy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

My observations are that people like you should stay out of northern wi. You'd probly be more comfortable in the madison area

He'd never make it in Madison driving like that. He kill 4 people a day. Madison people dont look each way, they dont follow crosswalk signals, they just fuckin walk where they want. 

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

He'd never make it in Madison driving like that. He kill 4 people a day. Madison people dont look each way, they dont follow crosswalk signals, they just fuckin walk where they want. 

I don't really see a problem with that :dunno:

58 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Sounds to me like you didn't give them the room your wife suggested you provide.  Be sure to reload your tampon - the current one is soggy.

Dude, I gave him more than enough room.

Why are you so sensitive, menapausal?

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

My observations are that people like you should stay out of northern wi. You'd probly be more comfortable in the madison area

I live in Northern Wisconsin and live amongst the brain dead flatlanders that visit us on weekends.

You?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Guy leaves bar, you are behind him and you jam your brakes and cause harm to your dog and kids.......Yeah I guess you did leave enough room.......

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Guy leaves bar, you are behind him and you jam your brakes and cause harm to your dog and kids.......Yeah I guess you did leave enough room.......

If he had put on a turn signal, looked in his mirrors and been oblivious of his surroundings it might have never been an issue.  Of course none of that equipment is required on a non-DOT compliant ORV, which was the initial topic of the thread which seems to be illuding you and others.

Reading is hard. 

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I live in Northern Wisconsin and live amongst the brain dead flatlanders that visit us on weekends.

You?

I'm about as far north as you can get. If i remember correctly you're down around hwy 64?

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If he had put on a turn signal, looked in his mirrors and been oblivious of his surroundings it might have never been an issue.  Of course none of that equipment is required on a non-DOT compliant ORV, which was the initial topic of the thread which seems to be illuding you and others.

Reading is hard. 

Driving seems to be harder for you

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Driving seems to be harder for you

Not at all.

Never been in an accident in my life.  Have had plenty of close calls with other incompetent drivers though, as cited 

Shall we wager if the guy in the article was sober while driving his ORV on a public road before getting hit by a dump truck?

Can you sense my empathy?

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Reading is hard. 

How many times did it take you to pass the drivers test?

What do you do when someone has a burnt out turn signal on a car ahead of you?  Yet me guess, you make a thread on here and bitch about it. 

And then you will cry when it veers off of the initial topic like so many threads on here do.....

Life is hard

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i can see you being the asshat driving 2mph under the speed limit in the left lane.   Midwest drivers are terrible about that as it is.  

They do that so they can keep everyone else safe. Most i see doing that are wearing masks alone in their vehicle

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

How many times did it take you to pass the drivers test?

What do you do when someone has a burnt out turn signal on a car ahead of you?  Yet me guess, you make a thread on here and bitch about it. 

And then you will cry when it veers off of the initial topic like so many threads on here do.....

Life is hard

Once, and once again for m/c license.

His brake lights also never flickered or came on.  Do you recall the part about using/reading hand signals when you got your license?  Those also weren't utilized in said encounter. 

So when you encounter an ORV on a public roadway what do you do, turn on your flashers and pull over to the shoulder and give them total right of way? 

On another note, turn signals also seem 'optional' these days.  

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i can see you being the asshat driving 2mph under the speed limit in the left lane.   Midwest drivers are terrible about that as it is.  

Hey now ... don't be lumping us good Midwest drivers in with Mr. Tampax!! He's in a league of his own - especially if he's truly up in Northern Wisconsin.  Those folks would have kept their composure holding a beer in their hand and putting their vehicle halfway in the ditch to get around that scary UTV that "cut sharp left".  They sure as hell wouldn't have to post a "Look at me!" thread bitching about it as those UTV'ers throw money into the local economy.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

as those UTV'ers throw money into the local economy.

LMFAO, a few bucks in a bar, several thousand more to clean up the blood and guts and perform an investigation.

Freedom!!!

:usflag:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Because I've nearly creamed one with my truck from behind because they didn't have any mirrors and cut sharp left across the road from the white line to the opposing ditch line.  Full on ABS activated braking

They had just left a bar and were sloppy driving like shit, so my wife (the rational one) said give them room, which I did.  Then it happened.  She was as or more pissed about it than I was as the dog went sliding into the back seat and the kids had belt marks on them from braking and swerving. 

The idiots never knew they were almost creamed as they tore off down the trail past the ditch.

Imagine if I'd hit them...

Imagine how this guy in the dump truck and his minor passenger feel, right now.  

This isn't the only encounter with an atv/utv/sxs on public roads I've almost had.  So yes, I've got an issue with vehicles that aren't DOT compliant being driven bar to bar (which is where you see them congregated) in my travels. 

Snowmobiles are primarily ridden on trails which are predominantly on private property, not public fucking roads.  

I don't hate the machines at all, in their intended environment.

Savvy?

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Once, and once again for m/c license.

His brake lights also never flickered or came on.  Do you recall the part about using/reading hand signals when you got your license?  Those also weren't utilized in said encounter. 

So when you encounter an ORV on a public roadway what do you do, turn on your flashers and pull over to the shoulder and give them total right of way? 

On another note, turn signals also seem 'optional' these days.  

Bold is all that is needed. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

How many construction workers split a rack of beer every afternoon on the ride home? 200,000  , 300,000?

Really depends on whose vehicle.

I'm not bitching about it just telling the way it is.   Its more than construction workers.  I know a lot of factory guys who work 10-15 miles from town who down a 6 pack on the way home virtually every night.  Fact is American's drink a ton.   Virtually all of my friends have some drinks every single day.  I can't because it will make me eat more and not exercise.  :lol:

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Really depends on whose vehicle.

I'm not bitching about it just telling the way it is.   Its more than construction workers.  I know a lot of factory guys who work 10-15 miles from town who down a 6 pack on the way home virtually every night.  Fact is American's drink a ton.   Virtually all of my friends have some drinks every single day.  I can't because it will make me eat more and not exercise.  :lol:

Yep - I've got a handful of buddies who work in the construction business too, and they travel outside our area to work (most times, to the Twin Cities which is about a 90 minute drive for them).  It's not uncommon for them to split a 12 or 18-pack on the way home everyday.  Even this past summer when they were somewhat local in a neighboring small town, they'd just end up at the bar over there before they came home from work.  It's kind of like cigarettes in the military (analogy my buddy made).  People become smokers when they go into whatever branch of the military ... well, people drink more regularly when they work construction jobs (after work).  They've been doing that for 20+years, and knock on wood - they've been trouble-free up to this point.