GM shutting down production at most of its plants in North America

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They are running out of places to park new cars and trucks waiting on chips. Im surprised they didn’t stop sooner. The lots are going to be overflowing with 21’s. Most people don’t need new vehicles anyway. Maybe the public will get smart and not buy a new car every 2 years. 

I hope so like I said I want those lots stuffed with shit they can't sell. I usualy get a new one every 3 yrs or 4 depending on how you look at it . I do 3 yr depreciation  then move that one down from the nice truck to a work truck and from there they are not worth much in short order lol.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I hope so like I said I want those lots stuffed with shit they can't sell. I usualy get a new one every 3 yrs or 4 depending on how you look at it . I do 3 yr depreciation  then move that one down from the nice truck to a work truck and from there they are not worth much in short order lol.

same here

9 hours ago, Woodtick said:

They didn’t have to be running,just registered.

What is the whole deal on this site with people being disingenuous or just flat out lying?

Here was the criteria for the CARS program.  And one of the points was the fact that the vehicle HAD TO BE DRIVEABLE condition.

• Vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date.
  • Only the purchase or 5-year minimum lease of new vehicles qualify.
  • Generally, trade-in vehicles must get a weighted combined average rating of 18 or fewer miles per gallon (some very large pickup trucks and cargo vans have different requirements).
  • Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in.
  • Trade-in vehicles must be in driveable condition.
  • The program requires the scrapping of the eligible trade-in vehicle and that the dealer discloses to the customer an estimate of the scrap value of the trade-in. The scrap value, however minimal, will be in addition to the rebate, and not in place of the rebate.
  • The new car bought under the plan must have a suggested retail price of no more than $45,000, and for passenger automobiles, the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 22 mpg‑US (11 L/100 km; 26 mpg‑imp).[18]

I dgaf what you say, I put many good cars to an early death during the CFC days and used car prices went up to never come back down then either. 

Both of my personal vehicles are 2006 model year. Car has 186k+ and truck has 220k on it. Wife’s 2004 Jeep has 210k. Not having a vehicle payment works well for me right now. 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

What is the whole deal on this site with people being disingenuous or just flat out lying?

Here was the criteria for the CARS program.  And one of the points was the fact that the vehicle HAD TO BE DRIVEABLE condition.

• Vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date.
  • Only the purchase or 5-year minimum lease of new vehicles qualify.
  • Generally, trade-in vehicles must get a weighted combined average rating of 18 or fewer miles per gallon (some very large pickup trucks and cargo vans have different requirements).
  • Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in.
  • Trade-in vehicles must be in driveable condition.
  • The program requires the scrapping of the eligible trade-in vehicle and that the dealer discloses to the customer an estimate of the scrap value of the trade-in. The scrap value, however minimal, will be in addition to the rebate, and not in place of the rebate.
  • The new car bought under the plan must have a suggested retail price of no more than $45,000, and for passenger automobiles, the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 22 mpg‑US (11 L/100 km; 26 mpg‑imp).[18]

They were supposed to be running but dealers were the ones dumping the stuff in the oil to be sure they never ran again . Now these are car dealers we are talking about here not nuns

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

They were supposed to be running but dealers were the ones dumping the stuff in the oil to be sure they never ran again . Now these are car dealers we are talking about here not nuns

It was a shit show around here. Cars getting towed in that didn’t even roll. All that mattered was they were registered. Nobody was checking,the only thing they checked was the registration via the Internet. Junk yards made some bank with parts cars.

35 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It was a shit show around here. Cars getting towed in that didn’t even roll. All that mattered was they were registered. Nobody was checking,the only thing they checked was the registration via the Internet. Junk yards made some bank with parts cars.

Same here . 

Dropped off my car for an oil change last night. There are 5 2 wheel drive trucks on the lot. No others.

Talking with the sales manager he said in 15 years there he has never had more than 2 2wd vehicles on the lot at any time.

Offered me $42k for my truck... :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
57 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Fuck the cock sucking UAW.  What a cluster fuck of stupidity.  Taking bribes, stuffing their pockets with Dem money and cutting the throats of the workers they supposedly advocate for.  

EE8EA232-0B14-4B59-AF2D-0FCA4EAB26E9.jpeg

Agreed! Add in all the money they caused me to lose lately with their last Strike. Fuck em

Edited by Skidooski