Rowe vs Wade effectively overturned.

45 minutes ago, Catalina said:

Why can't these kids be given up for adoption? I have an aunt who had one baby, could not have any more. They adopted an infant girl after that (in the early 1960's). She has had a good life. I can tell you she is very happy that she was not aborted. 

Seems like kids wind up in foster care, and it is much more difficult to get them out. 

My sister could not have kids. They wanted an infant, log story short, they went to Russia for two weeks, adopted a six month old boy there from an orphanage. Records (which are spotty there) showed that he was left in a park within a day or two of when he was born. My nephew is in his mid-twenties now, probably the luckiest kid on the planet, he has had a good life. I don't think Russia allows Americans to adopt anymore, which is too bad. 

The powers that be make it easier to kill a baby then to adopt one.

A buddy did the same thing.  He said it was just way to hard to adopt a baby from America.

WHAT DOES THE TEXAS LAW DO?

It allows any private citizen to sue Texas abortion providers who violate the law, as well as anyone who “aids or abets” a woman getting the procedure. Abortion patients themselves, however, cannot be sued.

Edited by racer254

^^^^Me^^^^^
Probably why my outlook on many things are a little different than many.

I was adopted before birth. Meaning deal was done before birth. . I came with ‘no papers.’ Meaning no biological parents info, medical records, etc. Just which hospital (in Boston) and my real (not biological) parents signatures.) Mom had horrible births with my older siblings (3).

when younger my mon was super paranoid a biological parent would try to get me back at some point in my younger years. As it had happened to others here and there. 

I’m in a great family and consider myself very lucky, even not knowing how it may have been. Yeh, had teenage yr blowouts like many teens/parents had, but I considered that normal as it wasn’t a daily thing….just monthly maybe. Lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CFM said:

^^^^Me^^^^^

I was adopted before birth. Meaning deal was done before birth. . I came with ‘no papers.’ Meaning no biological parents info, medical records, etc. Just which hospital (in Boston) and my real (not biological) parents signatures.) Mom had horrible births with my older siblings (3).

when younger my mon was super paranoid a biological parent would try to get me back at some point in my younger years. As it had happened to others here and there. 

I’m in a great family and consider myself very lucky, even not knowing how it may have been. Yeh, had teenage yr blowouts like many teens/parents had, but I considered that normal as it wasn’t a daily thing….just monthly maybe. Lol.

My girlfriend was adopted.  While it wasn't the greatest experience for her, she is glad she is alive and her outlook on life is better than 90% of the rest of America.  She was a starch democrat 10 years ago.  But her views on abortion don't align with them.  And she is also realizing as she gets older, that her views are starting to align with more republicans than democrats.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CFM said:

^^^^Me^^^^^

Good to hear things worked out.

Knocking someone up, or giving birth does not make one parents.

I feel a little sorry for you, 'cause of the 900 Fusion though.

• Like 1

12,000 miles ? Please  Don’t feel bad at all.Been great ! All the questions and looks at rest stops can sometimes be a little much. Sonetines it’s fun. Lol.

!If it was horrible I wouldn’t have listed it in my info.

Bought it new as left over for cheap, they doubled warranty to get rid if them.  Didn’t need any warranty work.Nothing has reakly broke.  I service and repair things myself anyway.  Went over the common trouble areas and vented the crap out of it with 200-300 miles on it as my console got so hot i couldn’t touch it.

Only thing I couldn’t stand was the 1.25” Ripsaw track. Too much sidebite with this sled on our typical hard pack trails. 

Edited by CFM

26 minutes ago, CFM said:

12,000 miles ? Please  Don’t feel bad at all.Been great ! All the questions and looks at rest stops can sometimes be a little much. Sonetines it’s fun. Lol.

!If it was horrible I wouldn’t have listed it in my info.

Bought it new as left over for cheap, they doubled warranty to get rid if them.  Didn’t need any warranty work.Nothing has reakly broke.  I service and repair things myself anyway.  Went over the common trouble areas and vented the crap out of it with 200-300 miles on it as my console got so hot i couldn’t touch it.

Only thing I couldn’t stand was the 1.25” Ripsaw track. Too much sidebite with this sled on our typical hard pack trails. 

I had an 06 900 fusion.  It made the 800 polaris' I was riding with look pretty stupid on the wide open lake runs.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The mere fact that most all state murder laws have specific abortion exemptions written into them is all you need to know.  If it wasn't the taking of a life why would these need to be included? 

Edited by Highmark

15 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Over 70% of abortions are performed on low income women. It’s good to know that the GOP’ers in the great state of Texas are going to pony up for the care of all those abundant children. 

So typical of the left in this country.   Who is going to take care of something I did wrong.   

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Unable to face the reality of the situation. Typical GOP’er. 

Actually its exactly the opposite.   No surprise you can't see that.   

16 hours ago, Phenom said:

I HATE ABORTION, I wish every life created would have the right to live, but that is my own utopian feeling. I also feel I don’t have the right to interfere with others circumstances and that the decisions made between them and their doctor be unassailable. 

Are you one of those guys who cheers when we bomb another country? 

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The reality is that society is going to be saddled with the care of these children. Weird that you can’t see this. 

Simply no way of knowing that for sure.   Not all abortions are done by financially challenged people and you have no idea how many of these children would be adopted into loving homes that would not mean a financial burden on society.

Do you think we should kill off the elderly or sick that cannot pay for their care?   

What if, we'd mandate IUD insertion for all underage females and any female below a certain financial threshold or assistance level.  You know, for the good of the Country.   Abortion should be maintained legal but part of the procedure is IUD placement.  We can certainly offer or mandate male vasectomies as well.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So typical of the left in this country.   Who is going to take care of something I did wrong.   

getting an abortion is addressing what happened.  And doing something wrong,  SMH.   people have sex,  birth control sometimes fails etc etc, 

Something to think about: if we had s stronger belief in families, would the abortion rate go down ?  There are more ‘fathers of my kids’ than husbands more than ever.

We need the room and resources for our new friends.  They don’t do abortion, so no worries.  Its a win for both sides.  Weird, how we always cry and complain about pennies spent on our own, but not a care in the world about the billions for those who hate us. 

7553D700-896F-41AA-B257-BC452EA3DAE0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

My girlfriend was adopted.  While it wasn't the greatest experience for her, she is glad she is alive and her outlook on life is better than 90% of the rest of America.  She was a starch democrat 10 years ago.  But her views on abortion don't align with them.  And she is also realizing as she gets older, that her views are starting to align with more republicans than democrats.

nothing worse than a starch Democrat. 

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

getting an abortion is addressing what happened.  And doing something wrong,  SMH.   people have sex,  birth control sometimes fails etc etc, 

Taking a life IMHO is not addressing what happened.  :bc:

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

How does a woman choosing to have an abortion effect your life? Do you cry yourself to sleep? Need a crying towel? 

How does Biden pulling out of Afghanistan (or other ores’s not pulling out) effect your life ? Do you cry yourself to sleep ? Need a crying towel ?