Are speeding tickets too cheap?

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

In Virginia anything over 80mph is reckless driving even if the speed limit is 70. Bull shit law that I found out about the hard way. 

Is it the same in Arlington or are they not obligated to state law on that one to . My guess is if you live in Arlington County you can roll 99 and be ok

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I keep forgetting we live in a society with all these 'suggestion' signs.  Maybe I'll blow through a few stop sign suggestions later this evening.

Also, when did using your f'ng turn signal become an option?

Here's another dandy...

https://jalopnik.com/detroit-denied-this-mans-requests-for-speed-bumps-then-1847540957

Maybe it's just my perspective but I believe people are becoming bigger assholes day by day in the USA.

:usflag:

So do you follow every law on the books? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I feel it’s more a age thing whether you get let go or a ticket. When I was younger 16-23ish I was constantly pulled over and givin every ticket you can think of lost my license multiple times. Now that I’m older they just seem to say slow it down have a nice day can’t even remember the last time I actually got a ticket been years.

When one gets older they get smarter. Understand that respect goes a long way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

So do you follow every law on the books? 

As I said at the beginning of the thread, I'm no Saint.

What's your opinion of this dipshit in South Dakota?   How about the assholes in Detroit?

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

As I said at the beginning of the thread, I'm no Saint.

What's your opinion of this dipshit in South Dakota?   How about the assholes in Detroit?

I think they are both douchbags. I see them everyday. South Dakota dude was probably playing with his fucking phone. Detroit dude dosnt understand there is a place to speed and a place to slow down. That decision comes from respect.

People who whine about speeders need to get out of the passing lane.  not your job to be the enforcement.   If i want to take the risk of speeding that's on me.  i don't drive excessively over,  10-15mph over is pretty much the norm on highways around here in the fast lane.  5-10 over on local roads.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I’m with @Ez ryder Pandemic driving was absolutely the best!!  NOBODY on the roads.... frequently rolled at 100mph for 10-12 miles at a time without seeing another car on the road in central Sconnie.  

Not only were the roads empty, cops weren't pulling people over because they could get the rona!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, Doorider said:

Not only were the roads empty, cops weren't pulling people over because they could get the rona!

So about 3 or 4 weeks back I get a text and it comes up as MN dept heath 

Long story short that afternoon I get pulled over cuz cop saw me on my phone .

He starts busting my balls a bit at tge window.  I tell him my Bluetooth car conetiob was shit . And I got a call from MN dept of heath I already had the text header pulled up told him they were telling me I was in close contact with some one with covid . He backs away and says next time pull over as he is walking away slow . Lol no run my license no other questions just got his ass out if there . Lol . 

• Haha 2

• Gold Member

I have 2 NYSP stickers in my windshield right next to my registration and inspection. One was given to me by a Major in NYSP Counter Terror Unit & the other by an undercover drug guy. I can pretty much do whatever the fuck I want.  :bc:

5 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I have 2 NYSP stickers in my windshield right next to my registration and inspection. One was given to me by a Major in NYSP Counter Terror Unit & the other by an undercover drug guy. I can pretty much do whatever the fuck I want.  :bc:

Or you can donate a $20 to the Policeman's Catalog or some shit. My father had 3 or 4 minimum when he was in NH

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Or you can donate a $20 to the Policeman's Catalog or some shit. My father had 3 or 4 minimum when he was in NH

I remember those NH State Police stickers. I never got one but several friends did. I know a few that the sticker didn't help, lol.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, CFM said:

Min 10 over here is when you get pulled over, unless a s hool zone or ‘downtown.’ We are rural routes so only one or two go thru a town. Downtown can consist of one convenience store. :)

If you are from out of state, well, good luck too you.

I have near 50 warnings (no lie, i should get a world record, no? drives my wife insane - another warning ? You suck !” without a ticket, but i drive a pickup,barely go 10 over (mostly 45’s and 55’s here - hwy is 70)  have in state plates, and live and work locally, which i bring up to a cop in conversation of course.

Your town used to be aweful. MPD would pull you over for 5 over back in the day..... I'm getting old, lol

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I remember those NH State Police stickers. I never got one but several friends did. I know a few that the sticker didn't help, lol.

Your town used to be aweful. MPD would pull you over for 5 over back in the day..... I'm getting old, lol

Yeh, in the vicinity of the school. It’s right on the main st. I never go over speed limit in school areas. You are doomed if you do. If out of state expect to be hung. Lololololol

10 minutes ago, CFM said:

Yeh, in the vicinity of the school. It’s right on the main st. I never go over speed limit in school areas. You are doomed if you do. If out of state expect to be hung. Lololololol

It was more than the school zone back when I was referring to. They would bag you anywhere in town, or in the 35 when leaving Center Harbor. It was NH plates at the time, but I will also say that the MPD had a hard on for a buddy at the time. Some of the girls they were fucking used to hang out at my friend's party house, lol. Mike used to be a regular there too. That's where we met.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:36 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://jalopnik.com/the-south-dakota-attorney-general-who-killed-a-guy-with-1847591654

Do we have so much money in this country that the consequences for driving 15mph or more over the posted speed limit doesn't even cross our minds?  

Sigh

And a follow up article 

https://jalopnik.com/whats-the-worst-thing-about-driving-in-america-1847636001

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Was waiting for an employee to catch up to me today on US 3 . So from I-495 to the NH stateline I drove the speed limit. Every single car and truck passed me.

thats because our speed limits are really 10-15 over what's posted.   going to places where it actually means the speed you are supposed to go is frustrating.   so aren't those going 57 on 95 in the morning who slow down for the guy sitting at the overpass,  SMH.  i just move over a lane and keep going.  

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Move to the Twin Cities - they just announced they're done with prosecuting cases "arising from low-level traffic stops."

Oregon acknowledges your effort, and says hold my beer. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/oregon-residents-outraged-by-video-showing-flagrant-shoplifting/

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Was waiting for an employee to catch up to me today on US 3 . So from I-495 to the NH stateline I drove the speed limit. Every single car and truck passed me.

What kind of retard made the speed limit on that road 55 anyways. 75+ 😂