Supply chain issues

6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

We got a lady here that’s been waiting 3 months for a radiator support they keep pushing the release date back it’s now early October. Her rental ran out months ago.

Why can't you straighten it, at least temporarily so she can drive the car?

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You think this is bad????

Wait 'til the FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN  is stalled. WOO HOO, gunfire at the OK CORRAL!!!!!   

Something you certainly don't have to worry about, you're a dick eater. I'm sure you have plenty stocked up in your bomb shelter. :bigfinger::lmao:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Something you certainly don't have to worry about, you're a dick eater. I'm sure you have plenty stocked up in your bomb shelter. :bigfinger::lmao:

Come over here and say that, FAGGOT. I'll re-arrange your teeth for ya', cock-suckin' faggot. 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Come over here and say that, FAGGOT. I'll re-arrange your teeth for ya', cock-suckin' faggot. 

Copied that also. You know. Fir your lawyer when he shows up here. Clown.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Shortages on most things in my industry (swimming pools).

50% increase in building permits being issued this year. Suppliers with claims of 60% increase in sales over 2019.

I've been looking for equipment since spring. Pumps, filters, heaters, etc. I got my initial stocking order in March. Since then I've been buying more as I move out stock trying to calculate what I need to finish the year.

One of my suppliers has 10 warehouses in Ontario and I can see each of there inventories online. Say they run out of a product at all locations. So I place an order.  I now have that product on backorder in one of the warehouses but the same product shows up in any of the others. They will not ship warehouse to warehouse. So if I want that product I have to place another order with the warehouse that has the stock in order to get it.

At least with them, once I place the order, the product is mine and its removed from the inventory count.

I have another supplier who says "first come, first serve". I have called and asked if they have stock. "Yes we do". I send a guy to pick it up 2 days later and its gone.....lol

Some how I have managed to not run out of anything but I have been scraping the bottom of the barrel a couple of times. Called in a lot of favors.

Shit show. Hope it gets better for next spring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Ummm, no you wouldn't, I'd flick you like the booger you are.........twerp. :bigfinger:

No you wouldn't. You'd end up on the ground like those HONKIES gettin' the shit kicked out of them by the boons. 

Most manufacturers and reps I deal with are saying they should be caught up by spring 2023..There are definitely some major issues going on in the power equipment industry.

48 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Most manufacturers and reps I deal with are saying they should be caught up by spring 2023..There are definitely some major issues going on in the power equipment industry.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the automakers stick with a lean inventory. They are making more now with the demand and getting retail price or close to it. Say bye bye to the 5-10k rebates.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the automakers stick with a lean inventory. They are making more now with the demand and getting retail price or close to it. Say bye bye to the 5-10k rebates.

perfect situation for them to change the business model.   they have wanted to do this for years.    Now dealerships will need o figure out what to do with these giant parking lots they built for inventory assuming customers will be willing to wait for product.   the big 3 needs to follow the Japanese lead and limit the options,  the amount fo which are batshit cray.  Buy a highlander and you basically have 4 trim levels and 2 or 3 options with each.  Fucking Traverse has 6 or so with dozens of options on each.   When i got the wifes highlander it was a matter of telling the dealer i want an XLE in x color .  When i got my F150 i fucked up and didn't notice that even though I had heated seats and a bunch of other options no auto climate control which i miss.  

https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/california-has-record-number-of-container-ships-waiting-off-coast/

Record number of container ships waiting off California coast

Significant issue that isn't discussed enough.  

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/california-has-record-number-of-container-ships-waiting-off-coast/

Record number of container ships waiting off California coast

Significant issue that isn't discussed enough.  

Heard that last night. Wonder if we have all these issue of stuff was still manufactured here.

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Heard that last night. Wonder if we have all these issue of stuff was still manufactured here.

It would help but lets be clear we can't make everything here.  I'm all for bringing in everything back (or keeping it here) that we can be but one has to be realistic too.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been waiting almost a year for a very specialized heater assembly. Haven't seen a 60 amp GFCI for months, ran out a week ago

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

perfect situation for them to change the business model.   they have wanted to do this for years.    Now dealerships will need o figure out what to do with these giant parking lots they built for inventory assuming customers will be willing to wait for product.   the big 3 needs to follow the Japanese lead and limit the options,  the amount fo which are batshit cray.  Buy a highlander and you basically have 4 trim levels and 2 or 3 options with each.  Fucking Traverse has 6 or so with dozens of options on each.   When i got the wifes highlander it was a matter of telling the dealer i want an XLE in x color .  When i got my F150 i fucked up and didn't notice that even though I had heated seats and a bunch of other options no auto climate control which i miss.  

Oh, the business model has already changed but the lots will still see use. Once these companies get the build to suit model completely honed in, expect to wait no longer than 5 days for a new vehicle, instead of 6 weeks. The EV business will 100% work off this model for many companies. Plans are already in play. 

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

They’ve been doing that on and off, all year. Nothing new. 

9 hours ago, Edmo said:

Automotive company profits haven’t taken the hit that I thought they would, that’s for sure. Helps when you at least get near full MSRP for every vehicle you sell.