Supply chain issues

• Gold Member

Lately we’ve been having a ton of issues getting parts. It has been bad but it seems every car is a issue now with parts. Ford seems to be the worse multiple fords going right now parts on back order some with no release dates. Hyundai 12-14 weeks for a sensor. Toyota air bag stuff 5-6weeks. The list goes on seems its getting worse. Anyone else seeing it getting worse in what you do.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

been waiting for a fucking replacement headlight to show up for a month from Kia.  steering rack for my side by side was over 2 months backordered so i had to find a used unit.  SMH on a completely broken system

We got a lady here that’s been waiting 3 months for a radiator support they keep pushing the release date back it’s now early October. Her rental ran out months ago.

Edited by 800renegaderider

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

We got a lady here that’s been waiting 3 months for a radiator support they keep pushing the release date back it’s now early October. Her rental ran out months ago.

i thought i had a used one and they could not find it in the warehouse.  It's getting a mismatch soon,  one side can have a side marker and the other won't,  not a big deal the MIL hit everything with it before it was passed down to the boy.   Mirror got cleaned off down on the streets of boston,  it's the perfect car for city driving at this point with all the dents.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

over by simmons,  he was hooking up with a chick over there.

And he got the trophy to prove it. Good boy. :thumbs lolololol

Edited by CFM

1 minute ago, CFM said:

And he got the trophy to prove it. Good boy. :thumbs lolololol

she's the hottest piece of ass he will ever have.   he dated her in HS and started hanging out with her again when he broke up with his girlfriends over the summer.  batshit crazy but not sure she is the unicorn on the vicky mendoza diagonal

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i thought i had a used one and they could not find it in the warehouse.  It's getting a mismatch soon,  one side can have a side marker and the other won't,  not a big deal the MIL hit everything with it before it was passed down to the boy.   Mirror got cleaned off down on the streets of boston,  it's the perfect car for city driving at this point with all the dents.  

https://www.car-part.com/mobile/index.htm

this sites pretty good pretty much every junkyard list it’s parts on it.

AG - I’ve been using LKQ alot this past year. I don’t normally get used oarts, but have had to a few dozen times of past year. Easy look up and they own so many yards now, shipoing usually only takes a few days.

https://www.lkqonline.com/?ref=g-ppc&ref=g-ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiLPNof3d8gIVk0lyCh0iigkYEAAYASAAEgJ2mPD_BwE

Just now, CFM said:

AG - I’ve been using LKQ alot this past year. I don’t normally get used oarts, but have had to a few dozen times of past year. Easy look up and they own so many yards now, shipoing usually only takes a few days.

https://www.lkqonline.com/?ref=g-ppc&ref=g-ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiLPNof3d8gIVk0lyCh0iigkYEAAYASAAEgJ2mPD_BwE

I got my F150 replacement tailgate from Bow who had it shipped in from an affiliate.  it was awesome and inexpensive.  Could not find a non turn signal in the right color anywhere else so just bought it from one of these paint your parts places online.  Customer service is lacking,  i gave them the 15 business days they wanted before i started asking about it.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I got my F150 replacement tailgate from Bow who had it shipped in from an affiliate.  it was awesome and inexpensive.  Could not find a non turn signal in the right color anywhere else so just bought it from one of these paint your parts places online.  Customer service is lacking,  i gave them the 15 business days they wanted before i started asking about it.  

Bows a awesome yard we get stuff from them all the time 👌 

Edited by 800renegaderider

51 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I was talking to a friend that manages a restaurant and they are having a hard time getting enough booze to keep the bar supplied 

Now THAT'S an issue.

The rest of this is just a minor inconvenience.  You don't hear from people in Afghanistan whining about this shit.  :lol:

Any word on your new truck yet?  Get the RR sold yet before Textron runs out of parts again or shutters the snow division?  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

41 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Bows a awesome yard we get stuff from them all the time 👌 

yup I called over told them what i needed with the paint code and had it in 4 days in almost perfect condition.  backed up to the door tossed it on and off i went.  

3 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Its been a moving target for sure on when it will come back, first it was early 2021 then late 2021, now back half of 2022.  Manufacturing seems to be all lose crate and rework when it arrives.  

I will believe that, when I see it. I think until the world gets off it’s ass, and pulls its head out of said ass, with this covid shit, we will be struggling for a LOT of things. I’m a little worried at just how bad it’s going to get, to be honest. Much worse yet, is what it is looking like. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Perfect storm of events.   COVID shutdowns and slow downs.   Massive uncertainty in what's next, a supply chain so lean it can't handle significant, fast changes, a rapid recovering economy and a workforce that has been reluctant to return for a variety of reasons of which UE and stimulus being just a part of.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Perfect storm of events.   COVID shutdowns and slow downs.   Massive uncertainty in what's next, a supply chain so lean it can't handle significant, fast changes, a rapid recovering economy and a workforce that has been reluctant to return for a variety of reasons of which UE and stimulus being just a part of.

Don’t expect the lean part of supply chains to change for the better. They plan to only get leaner as time goes on. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Don’t expect the lean part of supply chains to change for the better. They plan to only get leaner as time goes on. 

Agreed and in normal circumstances it works fairly efficiently.  

• Thanks 1