Time To Sample The Apex (Attak)

stinkipinki

I've had alot of sleds new and old, but I've always wanted to try one of these. Picked up a 2006 Attak, super clean, 150HP EFI, 136" track, upgraded simmons skis and HID headlights, 12 position adjustable suspension, reverse, ext. Came with a sweet rear Yamaha storage bag I haven't put it on yet. Has a little over 6K miles but for an 06 998 thats peanuts. Got a great deal, these will still pull low 4s/5s with low miles and I got it for much less. 

Yea yea its heavy but honestly its not insanely heavy, I don't mind a little heft as im 6'3 230lbs and in good shape, my Viper 141 didnt wear me out at all.

Anyways I'm older now and just looking for a big comfy cruiser to bang around it, looking forward to trail riding this monster. Fucker sounds great, these have a great exhaust note. And apparently, they are no slouch. We will see.

20210829_122537.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, amstech said:

Yea yea its heavy but honestly its not insanely heavy, I don't mind a little heft as im 6'3 230lbs and in good shape, my Viper 141 didnt wear me out at all.

660 pounds on our scale with a few gallons of gas

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wow that pic looks like shit, I'll get another one.
Anyways how the fuck has everyone been?
I'll get some more pics of this old tank and post them up. 

It's a far cry from the RX1 and other sleds, the Warriors, Rages, Vectors and Nytro's didn't get the new DeltaBox II chassis till like 2008, they look and feel alot older in 06/07. Only the Ape and Attack got the new chassis those first two years, if I have my info right.
Overall though this isn't actually, that bad.

Edited by amstech

Nice looking sled. It should serve you well. If you're not aware, check out https://ty4stroke.com/home/

Tons of info on that site for all Yamaha sleds. 

I have an 08 Vector and absolutely love it. Strictly a trail machine, however, especially being a 121, but I knew that before I purchased it.

IMG_0181 (Large).JPG

IMG_0600 (Large).JPG

Edited by irv
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I would not be surprised if it's heavier, but you are going to love it.  I went from an 07 Apex GT to an Apex XTX, and it was night and day above the 07.  Even though they look the same, Yamaha improved every year of them.

And yes, put a bigger lug on the track and some wide skis.  The simmons skis work, I had those on my GT.  My XTX I run the Apex mountain skis.  Any sort of floatation is appreciated, as my XTX is over 700lbs.  You get it stuck, and you will be making no friends that day.  

But with wise skis, and a 1.6" lug track, I can usually go through more snow than much lighter sleds.

Enjoy and report back!