Northern Wisconsin is crazy busy.

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is sitting in a bar with people that big of a priority to most people?  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a beer with a friend as much as the next person but could care less if they are closed during a global pandemic.  People can't drink at home or at their cabin?  Of all the things I heard grown men piss, moan and whine about like a bunch of five year old children in a toy store during covid it was not being able to go sit in a bar.  Laughable.

So you COULD care less, or not? :stirthepot::lol2:

Maybe if you lived in Minnesota, where the mantra of "Just two weeks to flatten the curve" turned into a perpetual storyline and bars WEREN'T open you'd understand.  I can tell you from personal experience, yes - we were just fine having people over and hanging out & drinking together.  But we also enjoyed a quick run across the river to feel how NORMAL lives were being lived.  It goes back to what was said a year ago .... if you weren't comfortable with it, stay home.  And if you were OK with going out, if for any other reason, it was to feel normal and to help bar owners out.

Edited by Bontz

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The reason WI was opened up is that it’s idiotic governor’s exec orders were overruled by a court and R legislature.

The Tavern League took it to the Supreme court and had his extension ruled unconstitutional. Then they put it up for a vote and lost. In the end, the drunks are the ones who beat the system! MAGA!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The Tavern League took it to the Supreme court and had his extension ruled unconstitutional. Then they put it up for a vote and lost. In the end, the drunks are the ones who beat the system! MAGA!

“Tavern league”. :lol:

Yeah, and milquetoasted MN twattery lost revenue and customers out the ass.  Superior bars exploded up here and continue to stay busy.

Just now, Zambroski said:

“Tavern league”. :lol:

Yeah, and milquetoasted MN twattery lost revenue and customers out the ass.  Superior bars exploded up here and continue to stay busy.

Yeah, you never heard of the Wisconsin Tavern League? They are a great organization that beats back the authoritarians when it comes to drunks. And they are very powerful in Wisconsin being as there are more taverns in Wisconsin than people. 

https://www.tlw.org/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah, you never heard of the Wisconsin Tavern League? They are a great organization that beats back the authoritarians when it comes to drunks. And they are very powerful in Wisconsin being as there are more taverns in Wisconsin than people. 

They’ve been keeping drunk drivers on Wisconsin roads for 70 years. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

I know its a good thing. The DUI laws are getting predatory in most other states and that is not the reason for them. They should not be a money maker for lawyers and other interests. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Anler said:

I know its a good thing. The DUI laws are getting predatory in most other states and that is not the reason for them. They should not be a money maker for lawyers and other interests. 

Up until last year it took a 5th owi before it was considered a felony. Wisconsin is the last state that 1st offense OWI is non-criminal. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Up until last year it took a 5th owi before it was considered a felony. Wisconsin is the last state that 1st offense OWI is non-criminal. 

I like it. You get a dui here of .081 and it can ruin your life. Its wrong. 

They are actually considering other punishments for having under the legal limit of alcohol in your blood if you get pulled over. Do you know what that would do to the restaurant industry? Have a beer or two with dinner and get a ticket? And if you refuse to test you get an automatic DUI? Its fucking predatory. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

They are actually considering other punishments for having under the legal limit of alcohol in your blood if you get pulled over. Do you know what that would do to the restaurant industry? Have a beer or two with dinner and get a ticket? And if you refuse to test you get an automatic DUI? Its fucking predatory. 

Getting arrested for driving under the influence of heroin ruins lives too. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Getting arrested for DUI heroin is a good law. Getting arrested for possession of heroin is a stupid one.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Anler said:

Same here, over .08, kiss everything good bye

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Holy shit!  I never knew that existed.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

stop whining.  Sheeesh!

1 hour ago, Anler said:

It most certainly is wrong.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yeah but, heroin users lives are in ruins already.  Same with methheads.

Yes, it's awesome that N. WI is crazy busy.  The bar and restaurant owners deserve to make all the revenue they can right now.  It's a really tough job made even tougher by the shitbirds in DC keeping the gravy train going.  At least the additional free unemployment finally ran out but the dipshit dumbocrats will likely find a way to extend it.  Absolutely killing small business that needs people to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Yes, it's awesome that N. WI is crazy busy.  The bar and restaurant owners deserve to make all the revenue they can right now.  It's a really tough job made even tougher by the shitbirds in DC keeping the gravy train going.  At least the additional free unemployment finally ran out but the dipshit dumbocrats will likely find a way to extend it.  Absolutely killing small business that needs people to work.

I hope they all start banking coin…and I’ll serve as a nice patron to all I can.  

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Here, have a free beer, it's on me.

Is sitting in a bar with people that big of a priority to most people?  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a beer with a friend as much as the next person but could care less if they are closed during a global pandemic.  People can't drink at home or at their cabin?  Of all the things I heard grown men piss, moan and whine about like a bunch of five year old children in a toy store during covid it was not being able to go sit in a bar.  Laughable.

Dude.   If you want to stay home or in the cabin stay the fuck home......please!   I like the atmosphere and more importantly I LIKE SUPPORTING THE LOCAL BUSINESS'.   These people often times work hard and honestly don't make all that much money.  Go hide in your basement while the rest of us live our lives.  I mean you're vaxxed so why are you so scared?   Quit being a coward.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3

We go to our annual neighborhood party up by our place and hit some of the local establishments I'm sure this weekend.  Last weekend it was a work weekend so we just stayed at the cabin but some of the neighbors did stop over for cocktails 👍

Everything recreation based has been crazy busy around here. The hiking trailheads in the White Mountains National forest have been over full with cars parking beside the road where allowed. 

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Looks like the two seat kayak are seated less than 6 ft apart and no mask.  Rebels 🤣

Should of seen boat ride out.  Thrill seekers, living on the edge. :lol:

15 hours ago, Anler said:

:news:  Just another way to try and eliminate use of the automobile.

https://reason.com/2021/08/06/the-infrastructure-bill-requires-new-cars-to-come-with-unproven-drunk-driving-detection-technology/

The Infrastructure Bill Requires New Cars To Come With Unproven Drunk Driving Detection Technology

As early as 2026, new cars will have to come equipped with "advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology."

The new car you buy will have to come equipped with a futuristic breathalyzer, should the bipartisan infrastructure proposal currently working its way through Congress become law.

Included in the 2,700-page bill is a provision directing the U.S. secretary of transportation to issue regulations for new motor vehicles requiring them to come equipped with "advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology."

This new prevention technology would have to "passively detect" whether a driver is impaired and "passively" measure his blood alcohol concentration to see if it's above the 0.08 percent limit set by federal regulations. If this technology does determine a driver is impaired or over the limit, it will have to be able to stop someone from driving his vehicle.

There's been a steady bipartisan effort in Congress over the past few years to require new cars to come with this kind of technology.

In 2019, Rep. Debbie Dingell (D–Mich.) introduced the Honoring Abbas Family Legacy to Terminate (HALT) Drunk Driving Act—named after a Michigan family killed by a drunk driver—that is nearly identical to the provision in the infrastructure bill.

"We have the technology to prevent drunk driving and save lives, and it's long past time that we use it," said Dingell in a press release in March when she reintroduced the HALT Act alongside sponsors Reps. Kathleen Rice (D–N.Y.) and David McKinley (R–W. Va.).

Earlier this year, Dingell's bill was folded into House Democrats' $715 billion surface transportation bill, the INVEST in America Act. Its inclusion in the bipartisan infrastructure bill only increases its odds of passing.

The legislation nevertheless leaves a lot of details to be ironed out at a later date. That includes precisely what type of anti–drunk driving technology car manufacturers might be required to install.

Already people convicted of drunk driving offenses in some states are required to have ignition interlock devices that detect alcohol on drivers' breath. These devices are expensive to install, however, and often require regular service and calibration.

They also seemingly wouldn't be "passive" methods of detecting one's blood alcohol content, so they probably wouldn't fit the requirements for this technology in the infrastructure bill.

Car and Driver notes that Nissan experimented with other types of detection technology, including a sensor in the gear stick that would detect alcohol in the driver's sweat and air sensors that would detect alcohol in the cabin.

The latter device, NBC News reports, proved ineffective because it can be tripped up by inebriated passengers.

"I don't think that will be as easy as people might think," Carla Bailo, CEO of the Center for Automotive Research, told NBC.

Perhaps recognizing that a lot of this technology isn't available for prime time, both Dingell's bill and the drunk driving portions of the infrastructure bill provide for a lot of time between now and when any new regulations might go into effect.

Should the big infrastructure bill become law, regulators will have three years to come up with new standards car manufacturers will have to meet. Automakers will then have a minimum of two years, and as long as three, to come into compliance with these new standards.

Good idea…..let’s talk about it over drinks.  

I love the new technology of having sensors so you don’t forget your kids in the blazing hot car and kill them.  Bout time!!!  If I had a nickel for every time I forget I had kids. 🙄

• Haha 2