Northern Wisconsin is crazy busy.

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ve never seen so much traffic and filled restaurants. Absolutely insane. 

That's probably why the stock market is doing good. 

This weekend in lakes region resort towns NH, dead ! Weird ! Should still be slamming busy thru mid october esp on weekends

Wolfeboro,NH late afternoon. All rest’s closed. Couldn’t believe it. Signs on doors ‘Closed. Our limited help went back to school.”

click on 1st pic to make bigger. Boats on right private dock. Public docks no boats. Never seen it !

1E4D9583-C69F-49C5-AAAF-09B2C44398C6.jpeg

02250E0E-5753-47E3-B10C-B9F77E93FC44.jpeg

Edited by CFM

2 hours ago, CFM said:

This weekend in lakes region resort towns NH, dead ! Weird ! Should still be slamming busy thru mid october esp on weekends

Wolfeboro,NH late afternoon. All rest’s closed. Couldn’t believe it. Signs on doors ‘Closed. Our limited help went back to school.”

click on 1st pic to make bigger. Boats on tight private dock. Public docks no boats. Never seen it !

Holy shit!!! Could it have been the weather????? 

I haven't been up there for a long time, so I don't know the latest conditions, but on a Sunday afternoon the Weirs Channel would be bumper to bumper!!  

Unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

16 minutes ago, BadaBing444 said:

Northern Michigan is the same!

I think people are trading in the airplane ride for the car ride this summer. Second homes are on fire as well. We sold our cabin in June before the sign went in and everything we’re looking at is overpriced or complete garbage.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Do these people not know there is a deadly pandemic heating up again?  So selfish.

Hell no.  They are people like the OP that expect others to do what they say, all the while they are not obeying their own masters.  How do you think he knows, he is up there spreading the disease as if nothing is going on.  I bet he wasn't wearing a mask.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Do these people not know there is a deadly pandemic heating up again?  So selfish.

Wisconsin is the next Florida bro. Hospitals will be at capacity. Don’t these people watch the news? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Been like that for over a yr . Was even more crazy when MN and MI goveners had there knee on the necks of there constituents businesses.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Was crazy busy all last snowmobile season.

I sat out side mid week a few times waiting for a table with 20 other people doing the same . Never even tried on a weekend just brought my own 

8 hours ago, CFM said:

click on 1st pic to make bigger. Boats on right private dock. Public docks no boats. Never seen it !

Places all over Minneapolis are locked and posted on door closed for lack of staff with there new hours open times . Usualy Thurs late afternoon to Sunday after dinner . Just crazy .the lift on no rent should change this real quick

Nobody ever mentions wisconsin and the pandemic. Wisconsin was only closed for the first month of Covid. They have been virtually wide open ever since. Probably why they arent crumbling like other places. Not to mention people can still go there and enjoy themselves. Like Illinois politicians did after they shut everyone down in their state... 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nobody ever mentions wisconsin and the pandemic. Wisconsin was only closed for the first month of Covid. They have been virtually wide open ever since. Probably why they arent crumbling like other places. Not to mention people can still go there and enjoy themselves. Like Illinois politicians did after they shut everyone down in their state... 

^^^This^^^

Wisconsin was the first to open bars back up.  

2 hours ago, Anler said:

In the early stages of covid most of northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan was relatively covid free, then once we got closer to the opening of fishing, spring and people opening their summer homes we began getting a big uptick in cases of it, thanks to all the fuckheads that couldn't stay home in southern Wisconsin and Illinois coming north.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

In the early stages of covid most of northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan was relatively covid free, then once we got closer to the opening of fishing, spring and people opening their summer homes we began getting a big uptick in cases of it, thanks to all the fuckheads that couldn't stay home in southern Wisconsin and Illinois coming north.

Do you think the business owners up north and throughout Wisconsin cared where their customers were coming from?  I know my sister and her husband sure as hell didn't, and were happy to see all the business coming from other states and areas of Wisconsin.  WGAF over the number of cases if the hospitals aren't overwhelmed and such a high recovery rate was going on?  

37 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Do you think the business owners up north and throughout Wisconsin cared where their customers were coming from?  I know my sister and her husband sure as hell didn't, and were happy to see all the business coming from other states and areas of Wisconsin.  WGAF over the number of cases if the hospitals aren't overwhelmed and such a high recovery rate was going on?  

Nope

But it was nice having less cases of it here while it lasted.  

Depends on what you think is bad regarding cases.  Exactly one year ago there was an average of 2 cases per day in this same week of August now the average is 4.  So while MC and his kind are screaming holy hell and spreading more fear that cases have doubled I'm not getting too worked up over 4 cases a day and that's considering the Delta is supposed to be far more contagious than covid classic...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

^^^This^^^

Here, have a free beer, it's on me.

Is sitting in a bar with people that big of a priority to most people?  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a beer with a friend as much as the next person but could care less if they are closed during a global pandemic.  People can't drink at home or at their cabin?  Of all the things I heard grown men piss, moan and whine about like a bunch of five year old children in a toy store during covid it was not being able to go sit in a bar.  Laughable.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 hours ago, Anler said:

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

^^^This^^^

The reason WI was opened up is that it’s idiotic governor’s exec orders were overruled by a court and R legislature.

• Like 2