Trail work

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Good work 👌. I had no idea they made mowers for sxs that’s pretty sweet.

Looks to be a trail/brush mower.  You can pull them behind anything with a hitch hook-up

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Too early??  Nah.... got the mower all cleaned up, oil changed on the RZR -let’s go testing!

CE1FD880-7A62-4E68-BEE9-D908D1B6EE57.jpeg

F3D0910E-934B-440B-9EDF-339729B81983.jpeg

Back when I was involved with my old club the trail work was a year round process. Nice work :bc:

Was going to start last weekend by our cabin but rained on and off Friday and to dam hot Saturday.  We had a number of storms go through so I'm sure we have trees down.  Weather looks good for this weekend.

Meet a land owner around home yesterday where a culvert washed out on the trail so we'll need to put in a new culvert

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, Doug said:

Got some trail work done by the cabin but it is wet in some places.  Got stuck twice 

20210903_132744.jpg

20210903_141500.jpg

And my wife always ready to take a picture but not get out to help.  Hooking up the winch to get out.  The first time.

FB_IMG_1631140737664.jpg

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold Member

I get to do another, ANOTHER reroute this year.  Last year was a huge change this year not quite as bad.  However this year is because of fucking white tails.  "ahh I don't ahh they don't bed down in my grove because of you snowmobiliers..."  FFS I have driven by deer and coulda tapped em on the nose.  They don't care about sleds but whatever....

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, Doug said:

And my wife always ready to take a picture but not get out to help.  Hooking up the winch to get out.  The first time.

FB_IMG_1631140737664.jpg

Better that scenario than what our trail coordinator went through yesterday.  He was mowing one of our hill road/trails, and thankfully he was closer to the bottom than the top .... but he ran the tractor down about 30 feet off the side.  The tractor didn't roll (thank God) but it gave him a helluva scare and did some carnage to the tractor.  We had it pulled out today and put on a flatbed to get it to a local JD dealership for an estimate.  It definitely could have been a lot worse, so we're thankful our season didn't start off on a worse note.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Better that scenario than what our trail coordinator went through yesterday.  He was mowing one of our hill road/trails, and thankfully he was closer to the bottom than the top .... but he ran the tractor down about 30 feet off the side.  The tractor didn't roll (thank God) but it gave him a helluva scare and did some carnage to the tractor.  We had it pulled out today and put on a flatbed to get it to a local JD dealership for an estimate.  It definitely could have been a lot worse, so we're thankful our season didn't start off on a worse note.

Sucks when you break things volunteering your time and equipment for trail work.  Makes you think about the guys that don't belong to clubs and don't have to deal with all the work.  Hopefully everything work out. 

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Last of the cat-tails last night - almost felt like the first snow!

EADEE1FB-C631-4001-89A2-3E7E2F7E554F.jpeg

EEBE382A-9FCF-44D7-B50E-9E33F13ADEE9.jpeg

Dam.  We have a neighboring club that has to deal with a similar mash.   They have their trail signed on 8ft poles just see where to go when they cut it and groom.  Nice work 👍

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Weather permitting where going to replace a culvert tomorrow on the trails around home.

Can't ask for much better weather (temps, anyway) than what we've got going on right now.  I just watched the extended forecast and it's still looking pretty mild.  Personally, I like some of the cooler temps for trail work ... like bridge decking and sawing logs/trees.

45 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Can't ask for much better weather (temps, anyway) than what we've got going on right now.  I just watched the extended forecast and it's still looking pretty mild.  Personally, I like some of the cooler temps for trail work ... like bridge decking and sawing logs/trees.

Yeah, agreed.  Lots of time yet, besides a day to do groomer maintenance, we don't have that much left to do this year, besides see how many fields need to be rolled.  Oh and signing.  But we usually wait until Thanksgiving week to do that.

Edited by Mag6240

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...