Trail work

Add me to the mix if you guys find your way just a little to the west (Sawyer or Bayfield counties)!  Would be fun to hit the trails for a day with some of you guys here & get some time to shoot the shit in person :bc:

• Like 2

Just now, poopooforme said:

My buds got a place on the chip flowage.  He wants to spend some time up there this winter.

Seriously ... if you head up that way, shoot me a message.  We're on the flowage regularly during the season - especially if we're staying at my BIL's cabin just outside Ojibwa.

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Add me to the mix if you guys find your way just a little to the west (Sawyer or Bayfield counties)!  Would be fun to hit the trails for a day with some of you guys here & get some time to shoot the shit in person :bc:

Is that in the area of the Plywood Palace?  That's on my must see list?

FB_IMG_1669778594781.jpg

FB_IMG_1669778681050.jpg

For all the times we used to ride around Ashland/Bayfield, that was somehow never on the list of places to stop. 

We need to make a stop there with the wife.  Maybe she needs to rid herself of a bra or something.  

Edited by racinfarmer

13 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Like you would ever do something besides N MN....  Look me up fellas.  I am down for some NWisco riding!  

Hey now!  I used to have a cabin north of Winter… I try to do a backpack trip with my son from my sisters house in New Richmond to northern Sconnie every year, sometimes two or three times snow permitting.  Two years ago we went east and south through Black River Falls, they had great snow!  Last year our club did 5 trips, so I did get pretty locked into Northern MN.  You know I’ll be out there riding almost every week/weekend… starting this weekend!

10 hours ago, Doug said:

Is that in the area of the Plywood Palace?  That's on my must see list?

Hah!!  That's a bit further north, up along the Trail 2 corridor ... but not THAT far from the Flowage.  We've ridden up that way many times, with a loop that goes up through Valhalla and over towards Iron River and back down towards the flowage.  If you've never been to the "Palace" ... it's definitely a bucket list type of place.  That, and "Buckwheats" on the Tuscobia (between Ojibwa and Raddison :whistle:

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Hah!!  That's a bit further north, up along the Trail 2 corridor ... but not THAT far from the Flowage.  We've ridden up that way many times, with a loop that goes up through Valhalla and over towards Iron River and back down towards the flowage.  If you've never been to the "Palace" ... it's definitely a bucket list type of place.  That, and "Buckwheats" on the Tuscobia (between Ojibwa and Raddison :whistle:

Especially if you are a smoker...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

It's definitely a reminder of what bars used to feel like, walking in to that blue haze!  I'm not a smoker, but it still makes me chuckle every time we go there ... when we can actually get in.  That place can be crazy busy at times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

5 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

We have a bar by us the Elvoy about 10 miles away from our place.  Old bar but actually clean for old bar standards but they still smoke in there.  Posted his smoking fines on the wall that he's gotten.

I don't smoke either but the owner's a grin and it's a fun bar for the last stop of the day.

P3060335.JPG

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

Just now, Doug said:

one of my old hooker tracks we used on one of the bridges 

20221201_110711.jpg

What did you use that for?  Have a bigger picture?  Wouldn't carbides bite into the track if that's a bridge??

10 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

What did you use that for?  Have a bigger picture?  Wouldn't carbides bite into the track if that's a bridge??

We layed old snowmobile tracks down the center of the bridge to protect the wood from studs. 

The track with the threaded plates welded on was one of my old hooker tracks that you would screw the studs into.  Worked great but was hard on track lips and on occasion as in this track could tear a bar of the track. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

We layed old snowmobile tracks down the center of the bridge to protect the wood from studs. 

The track with the threaded plates welded on was one of my old hooker tracks that you would screw the studs into.  Worked great but was hard on track lips and on occasion as in this track could tear a bar of the track. 

We did a similar thing on ours with conveyer belting.

3 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Heard some bad news here a couple days ago. Club just south of me lost a member to an accident while doing trail work on Sunday. :(

What??  Holy crap - any idea what happened?  I know we had quite a scare last fall when one of our guys accidentally ran a tractor off the side of a hill road and down about a 40' embankment.  Thankfully he didn't get rolled over by the tractor.  Sorry to hear about the accident - that's awful!!

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

What??  Holy crap - any idea what happened?  I know we had quite a scare last fall when one of our guys accidentally ran a tractor off the side of a hill road and down about a 40' embankment.  Thankfully he didn't get rolled over by the tractor.  Sorry to hear about the accident - that's awful!!

Sounds like it was something to do with a tree,  whether it fell on him or something else. Sucks either way. Local business owners in Milaca too.

14 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Sounds like it was something to do with a tree,  whether it fell on him or something else. Sucks either way. Local business owners in Milaca too.

My condolences :sad: