Trail work

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

Working on the trailer today, Way to get ahead of the ball game Doug. 

No photo description available.

We're going up this weekend and I'll start on the far East end of the trails and start working West.  Looking at an old forestry road to see if we can move the trail off a 3 mile section of plowed road.

Just now, Doug said:

We're going up this weekend and I'll start on the far East end of the trails and start working West.  Looking at an old forestry road to see if we can move the trail off a 3 mile section of plowed road.

I seen Antigo has been mowing and brushing. Not much I can do till the crops come off down here.

Thanks Doug for every thing you do for all of us.:bc:  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I seen Antigo has been mowing and brushing. Not much I can do till the crops come off down here.

Thanks Doug for every thing you do for all of us.:bc:  

Around home we had a fund raiser 2 weeks ago and another one in 4 weeks.  Want to upgrade the tracks on one of the groomers to wider tracks.

• Like 1

Checked out about 12 miles of trail by our place in Nth Wisconsin and cut out 16 trees.  Had a lot of storms go through this year would image the other clubs are going to find the same thing

20220826_125535.jpg

20220826_125940.jpg

20220826_133020.jpg

20220826_135233.jpg

20220826_150520.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Got informed by a long time land owner around home that she is going to be selling off an 80 acre parcel where the trail runs.  Her husband past away about 4 years ago and she had been renting out the land but now has decided to break it up into (4) 20 acre parcels to sell.  There has been urban growth in this area and this was the only route we could run the trail.  We've been concerned with this and have been looking for a reroute since her husband passed away with no luck.

Getting listed next month.

Edited by Doug
  • Sad 1

Just now, Doug said:

Got informed by a long time land owner around home that she is going to be selling off an 80 acre parcel where the trail runs.  Her husband past away about 4 years ago and she had been renting out the land but now has decided to break it up into (4) 20 acre parcels to sell.  There has been urban growth in this area and this was the only route we could run the trail.  We've been concert with this and have been looking for a reroute since her husband passed away with no luck.

Getting listed next month.

Ugh - we have a shit ton of urban development as well, and one of our main trails to go from our side of the world to another is in serious danger of being closed, because the land owner doesn't like what the city is doing around him.  

We keep trying to talk him off the edge, that those things are out of our control, hoping for a decent outcome.

4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Ugh - we have a shit ton of urban development as well, and one of our main trails to go from our side of the world to another is in serious danger of being closed, because the land owner doesn't like what the city is doing around him.  

We keep trying to talk him off the edge, that those things are out of our control, hoping for a decent outcome.

Both her and her late husband have always been good with us.  Can't blame her for selling it actually surprised it didn't happen earlier.

Same here hoping for a decent out come.  Talked to the wife about buying 2 parcels after she had 2 glasses of wine.  It was still a big NO

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, Mag6240 said:

Too early??  Nah.... got the mower all cleaned up, oil changed on the RZR -let’s go testing!

CE1FD880-7A62-4E68-BEE9-D908D1B6EE57.jpeg

F3D0910E-934B-440B-9EDF-339729B81983.jpeg

What did they tell you about the tracks ?

Asking because poo just gave us a set for our new club Northstar and said you should not use them on anything but snow because they won't last if you do ? 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:46 PM, Doug said:

Dam.  We have a neighboring club that has to deal with a similar mash.   They have their trail signed on 8ft poles just see where to go when they cut it and groom.  Nice work 👍

I got a lot of the same shit . No way to do it with out a argo .

Like miles of it lol. Last yr we kept a foot ish of tails standing between trails.  Got some good feedback on that guys liked the 1 way deal when hammering the corners in the marsh 

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What did they tell you about the tracks ?

Asking because poo just gave us a set for our new club Northstar and said you should not use them on anything but snow because they won't last if you do ? 

Yeah, we've broken a couple using them in the swamps like this.  If you make large turning radius, they probably would last longer, but one of our guys like to try to turn as sharp as possible.  Without these, most summers, we wouldn't get through a few spots of cattails - tires just don't handle the mud like tracks do.

87190729-04C3-4CDF-9B65-5E8B62240CB7.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Yeah, we've broken a couple using them in the swamps like this.  If you make large turning radius, they probably would last longer, but one of our guys like to try to turn as sharp as possible.  Without these, most summers, we wouldn't get through a few spots of cattails - tires just don't handle the mud like tracks do.

87190729-04C3-4CDF-9B65-5E8B62240CB7.jpeg

We have a short mayde 300 yard section of cattails that we go through with a brush hog on a tracked skidsteer.  Use to take to old groomer through that had a blade on but that just made a mess.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Doug said:

Will you use that roller to pack the trails in early season?

I'm not sure that is in our plans.  But its not a bad idea... Usually if there is enough snow, there are quite a few early riders in our area - couple inches and they are out ripping things up before we can get out there.  It's not like Sconnie over here, where the counties dictate based on trail conditions, when they open.  Snow on the ground Dec 1st?  Have at it!

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

I'm not sure that is in our plans.  But its not a bad idea... Usually if there is enough snow, there are quite a few early riders in our area - couple inches and they are out ripping things up before we can get out there.  It's not like Sconnie over here, where the counties dictate based on trail conditions, when they open.  Snow on the ground Dec 1st?  Have at it!

Our county around home is broken down by sections so we can have parts of the county open and others closed.  Each year we have a fair amount of winter wheat where the trails run so we're a little cautious side with snow cover.  The VP of the alliance send out a text to a each club for a ya or nay on their trails.

We like to have the sleds run in the snow before we start to groom, our feeling is it packs the snow better to help start building a base.  A club in the next county has started to use a roller to start rolling the snow in before the trails are open.  Seems to help with the base and we have talked about building a roller 

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Our county around home is broken down by sections so we can have parts of the county open and others closed.  Each year we have a fair amount of winter wheat where the trails run so we're a little cautious side with snow cover.  The VP of the alliance send out a text to a each club for a ya or nay on their trails.

We like to have the sleds run in the snow before we start to groom, our feeling is it packs the snow better to help start building a base.  A club in the next county has started to use a roller to start rolling the snow in before the trails are open.  Seems to help with the base and we have talked about building a roller 

Yeah we don't have the luxury of being able to tell people to wait to ride.  And let me tell you, there are some that are out there with the first flake in the air.

I've seen some clubs in the counties to our south go out with a roller like this one, and it really does help get that first snow or two mashed to the ground, and freeze up, based on some trails I've seen in the past few years.  All depends on temps of course. 

And with the forecast this weekend through next week, I don't think I'm going to enjoy putting in trail signs very much...

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Yeah we don't have the luxury of being able to tell people to wait to ride.  And let me tell you, there are some that are out there with the first flake in the air.

I've seen some clubs in the counties to our south go out with a roller like this one, and it really does help get that first snow or two mashed to the ground, and freeze up, based on some trails I've seen in the past few years.  All depends on temps of course. 

And with the forecast this weekend through next week, I don't think I'm going to enjoy putting in trail signs very much...

Went and checked to see if we needed to order any signs and check out some of the fields for marking.  Some still has corn standing and others need to be worked up so I'll give it some time.  We're lucky enough to have equipment available to us to level trails even if they are froze.

Had some wind up Nth by our place and heading up there tomorrow.  We'll take a ride up there to see if any trees are down on the trails.  

Farmer 1.jpg

Farmer 2.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Our local club that I was involved with, we rolled the grass and swamps to get them to freeze and continued to roll the first few snows to set base and keep the swamps freezing. 

• Like 3

Putting in the trail Saturday to Silk Exotic, the trail goes by a Church then it goes to the strip club, so can go pray for your sins and get a lap dance afterwards. :lol:We have very little corn standing around hear so that's good news for us.

No photo description available.

• Like 1