Trail work

On 9/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, Mag6240 said:

No chain sawing yet but got this 1000’ swamp mowed down today.  

6D4FAF6E-2928-418F-AC38-5C2E2E520154.jpeg

ADA16506-0177-46FA-A9F9-07E77FB58A3D.jpeg

75ED501C-4927-4250-B817-23CFCD601B94.jpeg

Dose yours not have a offset option ? 

Makes mowing especaly brush much more ez when you can mount pull bar all the way to 1 side so it hangs past pull rig almost as wide as deck. If your won't do it I would suggest the club buys a offset tow bar.

15 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Dose yours not have a offset option ? 

Makes mowing especaly brush much more ez when you can mount pull bar all the way to 1 side so it hangs past pull rig almost as wide as deck. If your won't do it I would suggest the club buys a offset tow bar.

It does - but I find it easier to pull it directly behind the RZR.  Tracks crush down some as I go and takes a little stress off the mower on the initial pass.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

Marked some trails today.  Here's a sign that one of our club members made to hopefully help keep the trial open.

20211115_133631.jpg

Jackoffs will see that and think it says pinch the flipper....  I am loosing faith with people for what its worth....

• 2 weeks later...

Our official trail marking is tomorrow and its always a good time.  Guys are talking about there new sleds (that I don't have yet) rides from last year and pre-planning rides for this year.

20201205_113450.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, we finished our trails down this way too ... I guess that's one bonus of decent weather (40's).  Now I just hope our trails actually get some use this season ... I think last year, we realistically had about a week of decent riding conditions - although it was colder than hell for that particular week.

• 3 months later...

While it was still somewhat froze finishing picking up signs this morning.  By time we were done the sun was out and turned into a muddy mess and its supposed to rain out next couple days so we just finished them up.  Spent a hour cleaning the ATV now my wife says I need to take my jacket and coveralls to a  laundry mate  

20220401_112552.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Doug Thank you for your service to our sport. 

Our trails have been close for about 14 days. We are very blessed to be in an area where we do not have to remove hardly any signing seasonally except for stakes marking Lake St. Croix. We have very few private land owners, and our trails are almost exclusively on County land, or protected by state easements on what used to be land owned by the paper companies. Thus, no seasonal signage to put up and take down like you have in farm country. 

When we close our trails, we have a very narrow window to mow our swamps before our creeks start opening up and our swamps start to open up. We have sections of trail that we can only get to when the ground is frozen, so we tend to immediately transition from grooming, to mowing within a couple of days. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Doug Thank you for your service to our sport. 

Our trails have been close for about 14 days. We are very blessed to be in an area where we do not have to remove hardly any signing seasonally except for stakes marking Lake St. Croix. We have very few private land owners, and our trails are almost exclusively on County land, or protected by state easements on what used to be land owned by the paper companies. Thus, no seasonal signage to put up and take down like you have in farm country. 

When we close our trails, we have a very narrow window to mow our swamps before our creeks start opening up and our swamps start to open up. We have sections of trail that we can only get to when the ground is frozen, so we tend to immediately transition from grooming, to mowing within a couple of days. 

@Ziemann Thanks for your time supporting the sport :good:

I work a little in both worlds for trails.  Around home its all private land and we need to remove all the signage from the trail system.  By our place East of Eagle River Wisconsin mostly Forest land and don't have to remove any signage but spend the off season driving the trails in our jeep cutting down trees out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Pulled the last of my signs today - not too much carnage, but it wasn’t all that great around home here this year

698F63D1-DEF3-4F24-81F3-57E52C579011.jpeg

Shock reservoir that's and interesting one.  Once found half a clutch grooming.  

20160213_134152.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold Member
On 11/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, Ez ryder said:

Any of your clubs use one of these ? 

Looks like it would work pretty good? 

If do tractor or sxs mounted ? 

https://stoutdesignsllc.com/

We bought a dubie cutter.  Its slow going but it works good.  Is on the green tractor.  We have been looking at mowers like you posted there ez.  Just worried about bending those blades....IMG_20211225_122932992.thumb.jpg.cf09f1c1479cb0b4bbf5a85a15c78f85.jpg

IMG_20191007_074950553.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We had a terrible year as far as not being able to groom at all because of no snow.  Today a neighboring club that we groom their trails gave us a donation to our grooming fund.  Greatly appreciated 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got out on the trails last weekend just to look at them.  We had a number of storms with high wind go through Northern Wisconsin so far this year.  Spent 4 hrs cutting trees out and have more to cut out yet.  

Looks like a lot of work in some areas to get them cleared out this year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...