Housing, car, truck, boat, sled, atv/UTV, etcBubble

18 hours ago, SkisNH said:

So you don't want to debate the topic at hand just post an article...what happens if I post an article that has a different point of view which one is right?

Let's start simple...if you were a bank would you lend money to someone that had a low percentage chance of paying it back? Answer that and we can move to step 2.

It was fraud, plain and simple. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

We thought it was tough and expensive to find/buy back in 2017. No way I would want to do it now. Brother in law sold his house and put $150k in the bank, last month. Problem is their is no current way for him to replace the house for what he sold it for and now he’s back living with the inlaws to “save money” so he can build new next year. :lol:

Thought about doing that with my current home and move back into one of my properties.   I would skate away with about 400k in the bank and could probably retire pretty easily, but I don't think I could go back to living in my old house not to mention, my renters are just too nice.  No amount of money is worth loosing those particular friendships.

• Thanks 1

i wanted to sell and rent but nothing decent to rent even at a 3-3500/mo price point in my town and the wife won't leave the town.    I want a detached condo but those are 200k more than 2 years ago.   I don't see huge decreases coming anytime soon but i'd like to see some of the current froth out before i buy one while getting it on my sale so a 12-18 month rental,  downsize our shit and then move into the long term retirement home would work

There’s a huge demand for housing right now. I’ve heard a couple experts say this could last another 5 years unless the economy shits the bed. I’m looking right now and it’s ugly out there. 

39 minutes ago, Edmo said:

There’s a huge demand for housing right now. I’ve heard a couple experts say this could last another 5 years unless the economy shits the bed. I’m looking right now and it’s ugly out there. 

Works for me!

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

We bought a one acre lot with deeded access in Nova Scotia for fairly cheap as a recreational property. We partially cleared,got hydro installed,built a dock and if the building materials come back down we'll build. Cottages and homes are being snapped up pretty quick and it's mostly from people outside of the province that are getting big money for their places and surprised at how many are buying thru listings online.