Housing, car, truck, boat, sled, atv/UTV, etcBubble

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Closed on 8 of our 9 properties today, and deposited some pretty fat checks into the EJ account. Gonna just let it back for a while.  Last one closes next week.  I no longer have to deal with any motos of the world and their piss poor outlook on life.

Oh, so kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.  Sounds like a winning formula.

Congrats on that!  Many are dumping their properties after his last government overreach allowing them to “partner” with free enterprise.  Wow.  What a complete train wreck.  Now, many lives will be much worse because they took government handouts, we’re granted free rent without eviction.  They didn’t have to pay so just sat around smoking “feel good about myself” while they threw that saved money away and now, enjoy the poor credit and eventual wage garnishments.

This area was really a mess with it’s lefty policies and “affordable housing” initiatives.  2-300 a square foot will get you a 100 year old home with 100 years of “handy man” work done to it.  Well done liberals….we’ll done.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, motonoggin said:

"Sure, we boomers created an unsustainable economy with 4 decades of stagnant wages, we ushered in oligarchy, we lauded the massive concentration of wealth,  and ever increasing costs of living, education, and medical care.

But it's our kids' fault for not thriving in this utopia we built for them. 

Lazy fucks!!!"

Most of what you said was because of liberal/progressive policies...the further we move left the less freedoms we have and we end up here. Our politicians stealing capital by buying votes with handouts from the treasury,to both public and private entities. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Most of what you said was because of liberal/progressive policies...the further we move left the less freedoms we have and we end up here. Our politicians stealing capital by buying votes with handouts from the treasury,to both public and private entities. 

Lmao. 

No. 

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

jesus guy your like a broken record

lets talk about the plumbers fucking over old ladies next

Banking industry is the scum of the earth and you know it. 37 years in biz and our clients keep calling back, that doesn't happen by fucking them over, big swing and a miss.

I'm a broken record because you don't like to hear the truth. One only has to look at history to see how evil and disgusting the lending industry is, there's plenty of proof.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Banking industry is the scum of the earth and you know it. 37 years in biz and our clients keep calling back, that doesn't happen by fucking them over, big swing and a miss.

I'm a broken record because you don't like to hear the truth. One only has to look at history to see how evil and disgusting the lending industry is, there's plenty of proof.

They made me borrow the money..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Swing and a miss, do a little reading about the 2008 crash, maybe you'll learn something.

I'll have that debate with you...Where shall we start the Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie and Freddie, Bank Red lining,  Personal responsibility? 

7 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I'll have that debate with you...Where shall we start the Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie and Freddie, Bank Red lining,  Personal responsibility? 

The bottom line is deregulation should never happen in banking  because the cocksuckers are greedy bastards. Have you ever asked yourself why banks are so regulated? One would have to be brain dead if they didn't understand. Read up, maybe you'll learn something.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caused-2008-global-financial-crisis-3306176

Edited by snoughnut

48 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The bottom line is deregulation should never happen in banking  because the cocksuckers are greedy bastards. Have you ever asked yourself why banks are so regulated? One would have to be brain dead if they didn't understand. Read up, maybe you'll learn something.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caused-2008-global-financial-crisis-3306176

So you don't want to debate the topic at hand just post an article...what happens if I post an article that has a different point of view which one is right?

Let's start simple...if you were a bank would you lend money to someone that had a low percentage chance of paying it back? Answer that and we can move to step 2.

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

So you don't want to debate the topic at hand just post an article...what happens if I post an article that has a different point of view which one is right?

Let's start simple...if you were a bank would you lend money to someone that had a low percentage chance of paying it back? Answer that and we can move to step 2.

There is no different point of view you numb nut, the evidence is overwhelming. There's tons of proof out there in various different documentaries, articles, etc. Politicians and bankers were in it together. How can a clown like you or anybody for that matter defend what happened back then? It's mind blowing to me how morons like you can't see the root of the problem.

The answer to your question, mortgage co's. were doing just that, handing out 300k morgies to people working at Burger King. No due diligence, just a massive free for all. Like I said, you need to educate yourself to the truth, not some BS point of view or your own narrative. BTW, I'm beginning to think you're in the banking industry, no way you can defend what was going on unless you were part of the problem.

We wonder why banking needs to regulated. :lmao:1999 the Glas Steagall act was repealed after 66 years, wonder how many banking lobbyists were  greasing politicians to suddenly repeal that. The sad part is those banker pricks should have went to prison but yet they were saved by the taxpayers and bailed out instead, unfuckingbelievable. :lmao:

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

There is no different point of view you numb nut, the evidence is overwhelming. There's tons of proof out there in various different documentaries, articles, etc. Politicians and bankers were in it together. How can a clown like you or anybody for that matter defend what happened back then? It's mind blowing to me how morons like you can't see the root of the problem.

The answer to your question, mortgage co's. were doing just that, handing out 300k morgies to people working at Burger King. No due diligence, just a massive free for all. Like I said, you need to educate yourself to the truth, not some BS point of view or your own narrative. BTW, I'm beginning to think you're in the banking industry, no way you can defend what was going on unless you were part of the problem.

We wonder why banking needs to regulated. :lmao:1999 the Glas Steagall act was repealed after 66 years, wonder how many banking lobbyists were  greasing politicians to suddenly repeal that. The sad part is those banker pricks should have went to prison but yet they were saved by the taxpayers and bailed out instead, unfuckingbelievable. :lmao:

You can't even answer a simple question....

The answer is no...the reason the banks made the stupid loans wasn't the lack of regulation.  It was directly because of regulation.  Maybe that's why you stayed away from the Community Reinvestment Act...Regulation was the  cause of this. The govt told banks its okay to write shit loans and we will buy them through Fannie and Freddie.. Through this regulation and Fannie and Freddie the govt removed the risk from the banks as they thought scumbags should have homes...

I also find it interesting that you put no responsibility on the burger King worker for signing a 300k mortgage....

On 9/2/2021 at 5:31 AM, Zambroski said:

Congrats on that!  Many are dumping their properties after his last government overreach allowing them to “partner” with free enterprise.  Wow.  What a complete train wreck.  Now, many lives will be much worse because they took government handouts, we’re granted free rent without eviction.  They didn’t have to pay so just sat around smoking “feel good about myself” while they threw that saved money away and now, enjoy the poor credit and eventual wage garnishments.

This area was really a mess with it’s lefty policies and “affordable housing” initiatives.  2-300 a square foot will get you a 100 year old home with 100 years of “handy man” work done to it.  Well done liberals….we’ll done.  

Bought a 53 year old, two generation, “handy man” house for just a tick over $100 a square, back in 2017. 30 x 40, three car attached, 32 x 64 pole barn with concrete and 100 amp service, included. Sitting on just a tick under an acre. I bitch about all the shit I’ve had to have fixed already and we know it still needs work but it has already appraised for $50k more than we bought it for. I’ve already put half that into it and have another $30k (easy) to go, but we knew that going in and have zero plans to sell until we retire in another 20 years or less.

We thought it was tough and expensive to find/buy back in 2017. No way I would want to do it now. Brother in law sold his house and put $150k in the bank, last month. Problem is their is no current way for him to replace the house for what he sold it for and now he’s back living with the inlaws to “save money” so he can build new next year. :lol:

57 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Bought a 53 year old, two generation, “handy man” house for just a tick over $100 a square, back in 2017. 30 x 40, three car attached, 32 x 64 pole barn with concrete and 100 amp service, included. Sitting on just a tick under an acre. I bitch about all the shit I’ve had to have fixed already and we know it still needs work but it has already appraised for $50k more than we bought it for. I’ve already put half that into it and have another $30k (easy) to go, but we knew that going in and have zero plans to sell until we retire in another 20 years or less.

We thought it was tough and expensive to find/buy back in 2017. No way I would want to do it now. Brother in law sold his house and put $150k in the bank, last month. Problem is their is no current way for him to replace the house for what he sold it for and now he’s back living with the inlaws to “save money” so he can build new next year. :lol:

We joked about selling our place, after the neighbor sold their house for almost $90K more than they paid for it 5 years ago.  But the reality was, we'd have to find another place and that wasn't going to happen, easily.  If a person had a property to move into, and could afford to sell ... no doubt the time is now.  The market is ridiculous for sellers (around here).  Good luck to your brother-in-law and shacking up with the parents ... that'd be a tough pill to swallow for me, even if I pocketed $150K!! LOL

Little woman and I have two places right now, each our own.  We are hoping this rides out for another year, 9 months specifically, when afterwards her daughter graduates HS and we will be looking to make two into one.  With the way the shortages and supplies are going I don’t see the bubble bursting in that time.  But anything can happen.....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bontz said:

We joked about selling our place, after the neighbor sold their house for almost $90K more than they paid for it 5 years ago.  But the reality was, we'd have to find another place and that wasn't going to happen, easily.  If a person had a property to move into, and could afford to sell ... no doubt the time is now.  The market is ridiculous for sellers (around here).  Good luck to your brother-in-law and shacking up with the parents ... that'd be a tough pill to swallow for me, even if I pocketed $150K!! LOL

He’s an idiot. Both of my in laws are retired and on fixed incomes. He obviously helps out with food and utilities but pays them no rent and he makes GOOD money. Not to mention, he’s still currently WORKING FROM HOME! LOL 

Told the wife that in no way was her brother, who makes almost as much as both of us combined, moving into OUR house if his parents kick him out. He also bought a $250k tiny plot of land on a canal that goes to one of the nicer inland lakes downstate where he is. Took out a 3 year ARM on that so I guess we shall see if he pulls it all off or buries the shit out of himself in debt. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

26 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Little woman and I have two places right now, each our own.  We are hoping this rides out for another year, 9 months specifically, when afterwards her daughter graduates HS and we will be looking to make two into one.  With the way the shortages and supplies are going I don’t see the bubble bursting in that time.  But anything can happen.....

Oh, I wouldn’t hold your breath on that. I can’t believe we have made it this far and going into covid cold/flu season #2, where things have not gotten much better than last year, it’s got to happen any day now. 

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Oh, I wouldn’t hold your breath on that. I can’t believe we have made it this far and going into covid cold/flu season #2, where things have not gotten much better than last year, it’s got to happen any day now. 

I guess you helped make my point.  If things don't get better in the work force, and supply chains, why would prices come down?  Isn't that Covid cold/flu season #1 what kicked off this over priced market?

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I guess you helped make my point.  If things don't get better in the work force, and supply chains, why would prices come down?  Isn't that Covid cold/flu season #1 what kicked off this over priced market?

By late spring of last year, people were full of covid cash and started buying like crazy. Supply chain still had what was left from before covid in it (at least in some areas) and when people just never stopped buying like crazy for over a year straight, shit is just now getting scarce because of the covid production lags and continues lags in certain areas. I mean, automotive companies are scraping the barrel to build cars right now. Wreck your car or have a mechanical breakdown and you might be walking for a while. No one seems to know how or when this shit is going to be fixed either and this is just the part of the world that I have to deal with daily. Go look at the price of steel right now. It’s insane. Honestly, I’m not sure how many automotive manufacturers are going to be able to build many vehicles after the first of next year. This is all an absolute shit show. 

• Like 1